Eruant

graphical 'lag'

14 comments in this topic

[ZWEIP]
Players
31 posts
17,513 battles

starting today's update i got a graphical 'lag' manifesting as a slower/choppy floating damage numbers reports (when you do damage to the ship or planes), slower/choppy shrinking of the target ship selection circle and also choppy animation of the loading circle (before the battle). is anyone else experiencing this type of problems?

[LSCA]
Players
1,585 posts
12,606 battles
7 minutes ago, Eruant said:

starting today's update i got a graphical 'lag' manifesting as a slower/choppy floating damage numbers reports (when you do damage to the ship or planes), slower/choppy shrinking of the target ship selection circle and also choppy animation of the loading circle (before the battle). is anyone else experiencing this type of problems?

i guess reduce monitor resolution solves that issue. this game seems use allot gpu even at simple menu

• Bad 2

[ZWEIP]
Players
31 posts
17,513 battles

@gabberworld i play in 2560x1440 and never had issues like this before, so i don't think the problem is with my computer, especially because everything else works normal. my fps is stable, all other animations are running smoothly, just those things that i mentioned are not working properly. oh yeah, and ships and their bearing lines on the minimap are also choppy. of course, i've tried to change all graphical settings (low, med, high, ultra), even reduced resolution to 1920x1080 - the problems are still there. also - if everything is working fine pre-patch, and then problems appear - it is clear that the issue is with WG. :)

Players
25 posts
16,449 battles
2 hours ago, Eruant said:

@gabberworld i play in 2560x1440 and never had issues like this before, so i don't think the problem is with my computer, especially because everything else works normal. my fps is stable, all other animations are running smoothly, just those things that i mentioned are not working properly. oh yeah, and ships and their bearing lines on the minimap are also choppy. of course, i've tried to change all graphical settings (low, med, high, ultra), even reduced resolution to 1920x1080 - the problems are still there. also - if everything is working fine pre-patch, and then problems appear - it is clear that the issue is with WG. :)

This. Tried it as low as 1280x1024. It was working fine until this last patch.

[LSCA]
Players
1,585 posts
12,606 battles
5 hours ago, Eruant said:

i not say that issue is at your pc, i only suggested for you to lower the resolution. myself i notice as well that there is something not right

[ZWEIP]
Players
31 posts
17,513 battles

@gabberworld thanks for the replays! and yeah, i also tried that, but it didn't help. it is very symptomatic that only certain graphic animations are showing signs of a problem, so i really think WG messed up something with the latest patch. just wanted to mention it publicly in order to check if anyone else is having similar problems and maybe motivate WG to fix it...

Players
1,104 posts

Since the last patch I've had all sorts of issues from my ship freezing then shooting acrross the screen like a bullet aiming at enemy ships that are suddenly going into warp drive Premium shop does nothing all since 9.7 it's getting close to unplayable.

• Bad 1

[ZWEIP]
Players
31 posts
17,513 battles

solution:

it was the option 'reduce GUI refresh rate'. when i was switching between low/med/high/ultra presets - it was automatically checked on, and i didn't noticed. i clicked it off and everything works normal again. so, i owe an apology to WG :) (which i will not give, naturally, because i was chat banned in the game for 6 days. i completely deserved that ban, but still. ;) )

Players
25 posts
16,449 battles
6 minutes ago, Eruant said:

solution:

it was the option 'reduce GUI refresh rate'. when i was switching between low/med/high/ultra presets - it was automatically checked on, and i didn't noticed. i clicked it off and everything works normal again

I've had that off all the time, so it may not work for everyone. Reducing graphics quality (not resolution)  from to Medium has reduced GPU load and helped a bit, but still getting some sticking, and the GPU should not be so heavily loaded even with just the settings menu open. In-battle GPU is half of what it is with the settings screen up (which has no animations ...) in port, and stays well below 50% so I'm not GPU limited.

I could use High settings on previous version just fine.

[ZWEIP]
Players
31 posts
17,513 battles

@Cpt_skeeve yeah, i know what you are talking about. when i started to play this game back in 2015, i could play with all setting on ultra, and now i am in the high/mid settings, with some options turned off (like reflections). and yeah, it also happens that in one patch everything works ok, next one is full of problems, fps get reduced, micro stuttering, and then in the next one - everything again works normal. well, that is at least my experience with this game. hopefully it will get better.

[LSCA]
Players
1,585 posts
12,606 battles

there is one thing, for me the Vertical synchronization started cause issues , when i enable that my fps is so unstable, what is really weird because before it worked fine

Players
132 posts
15,959 battles

I just started the game without any mods and at least for me, this resolves the problem. Just played a battle, framerate never dropped below 60 (I used to get as low as 20), no matter what. AMD Threadripper 2970WX and nVidia 2070 Super. Seems to be an issue with one of the mods, just don't know which one.

Players
2,463 posts

There is an in game and port graphics problem since 9.7...

For me the game stutters, or freezes for a second and in port I have noticed when collecting reward crates as the arm swings in the crate it's like the arm has DT's...

I run no Mods whatsoever and have repeatedly tried to tweak graphics settings but the problem remains.

It's annoying more than problematic.