You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
ozgur7freeman

Aircraft Engine Sounds

5 comments in this topic

Players
79 posts
10,276 battles

WoWS developer team showed their capabilities by sound desing and it seems like they care about it. Every engine type sounds different at every different power level, shell hits, guns etc.

BUT. 

Aircrafts needs that improvement to. 

A Westland Wyvern with turboprob engine and contra rotating propellers should sound different from a Swordfish. Aircraft engine sounds overall sounds so "cheap" and inappropriate. I hope they are gonna focus on this to. 

• Boring 1

Players
8,456 posts
9,251 battles
31 minutes ago, ozgur7freeman said:

"cheap" and inappropriate

Could be said about almost anything related to CVs, yet I'm sure a ton of resources was sunk on them.

But you are not wrong and given that the sound people just gave us a wholly reworked auditory experience with new engine sounds, new ricochet sounds and explosions, etc., maybe aircraft engines could be made to sound cooler. It doesn't address other CV issues, but that's not the job of the sound people anyway...

• Cool 2

[LSCA]
Players
1,585 posts
12,606 battles
8 minutes ago, HaachamaShipping said:

Could be said about almost anything related to CVs, yet I'm sure a ton of resources was sunk on them.

But you are not wrong and given that the sound people just gave us a wholly reworked auditory experience with new engine sounds, new ricochet sounds and explosions, etc., maybe aircraft engines could be made to sound cooler. It doesn't address other CV issues, but that's not the job of the sound people anyway...

for some reason i remember that this sound stuff not new at all. for some reason long time ago they asked money for those cv sounds

somewhere 2017-2018

• Funny 1

Players
2,043 posts
3,810 battles
5 ore fa, ozgur7freeman ha scritto:

A Westland Wyvern with turboprob engine and contra rotating propellers should sound different from a Swordfish.

The Wyvern we have in game is the TF.1 piston engine variant, not the turbo-prop one 

Westland_Wyvern_TF.1_VR137_YVTN_17.07.71

While i agrre that different angine shouldn't sound similar, i do understand that they might want to do some "normalization".

Players
79 posts
10,276 battles

Sound Team adding even so much little details to the game and for the CVs its the most importing thing is Aircraft engine sounds when it came to sound topic. Cuz who use its cv maunally? I hope they are gonna give attention to this next time...