Flandre Bug Read more... ×
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
RavenWolf1

Can someone explain this?

60 comments in this topic

Players
68 posts
656 battles

This is from my account:

shot-20.08.06_17.30.26-0372.jpg

I only got Japanese ships, German Weser and Graf Spee. Nice trying to do those missions. My friend has:

shot-20.08.06_17.28.27-0791.jpg

• Funny 2

Players
6,117 posts

Perhaps WeeGee is trying to tell you something? :cap_money:

In all seriousness, though.. I seem to have this:

ALL THREE:

image.thumb.png.947c39827395fff1d1ed5a848865c321.png

image.thumb.png.b1bd1e1c555a4b52bd8084c0f1fefa6c.png

image.thumb.png.ea1cdd57305360c12c223ad26e7f8fc5.png

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
993 posts
18 minutes ago, RavenWolf1 said:

This is from my account:

I only got Japanese ships, German Weser and Graf Spee. Nice trying to do those missions. My friend has:

dont you feel special now? task especially for you. i know it is getting old but according to the spreadsheet you like it ...

perhaps also some undercover wg/lesta employee will some and explain how it good for you

• Cool 2

[BS4]
Players
1,425 posts
7,866 battles
45 minutes ago, RavenWolf1 said:

This is from my account:

shot-20.08.06_17.30.26-0372.jpg

shot-20.08.06_17.28.27-0791.jpg

So your criteria for completing the missions is Cruisers and BB's with russian and British ships Whilst someone else has DD Cruisers and Cv's with no country indicated and then @Karasu_Hidesuke..Has again something diffrent again..:Smile_amazed: (but i think a diffrent mission selected)

Perhaps this is a selection of criteria randomly created so everyone is not necessarily doing the same? ? But i confess im at a loss on this one? Perhaps @MrConway or @_Teob_could point us in the right direction or an explanation?

• Cool 1

Players
6,117 posts
20 minutes ago, SeaWolf7 said:

So your criteria for completing the missions is Cruisers and BB's with russian and British ships Whilst someone else has DD Cruisers and Cv's with no country indicated and then @Karasu_Hidesuke..Has again something diffrent again..:Smile_amazed: (but i think a diffrent mission selected)

Perhaps this is a selection of criteria randomly created so everyone is not necessarily doing the same? ? But i confess im at a loss on this one? Perhaps @MrConway or @_Teob_could point us in the right direction or an explanation?

Ah, you are correct. I seem to be one stage behind. Sorry.

EDIT Put the correct mission up now.

Players
251 posts
3,597 battles

I got 2 separate mission lines where both of which I have to use DD's. A class that I seldom play. 

Goddammit WG :cap_fainting:

Players
6,117 posts
1 minute ago, Communist_Loli said:

I got 2 separate mission lines where both of which I have to use DD's. A class that I seldom play. 

Goddammit WG :cap_fainting:

They have something against weebs? :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 1

Players
325 posts
8,077 battles

Rather interestingly I have the new directives looking like this:
shot-20_08.06_16_41.54-0680.thumb.jpg.e029796c184ead5ba12f4e8cbfa6145b.jpg

and this:

shot-20_08.06_16_42_42-0047.thumb.jpg.91a6fa229998b7e4409469a186d3c3f8.jpg

I do not play DD's very often at all and have none from Pan-Asia, UK, USSR or Germany and only very low tier EU and French.

If WG wants me to play these ships, and yes I know they expand your gameplay and experience, then this is a slightly sneaky way to go about it.

• Cool 4

Players
251 posts
3,597 battles
1 minute ago, Logan_MountStuart said:

Rather interestingly I have the new directives looking like this:
shot-20_08.06_16_41.54-0680.thumb.jpg.e029796c184ead5ba12f4e8cbfa6145b.jpg

and this:

shot-20_08.06_16_42_42-0047.thumb.jpg.91a6fa229998b7e4409469a186d3c3f8.jpg

I do not play DD's very often at all and have none from Pan-Asia, UK, USSR or Germany and only very low tier EU and French.

If WG wants me to play these ships, and yes I know they expand your gameplay and experience, then this is a slightly sneaky way to go about it.

That's exactly the ones I have! 

• Cool 1

[INTRO]
[INTRO]
Players
1,446 posts
18,991 battles

For me one line is DD, CV and cruisers, T5-10, any nation.

The other is JPN, USN and german BBs T5-10.

So the missons are tied to different classes and/or nations for different players just to get a godd "mix" in the queue.

• Cool 1

Players
325 posts
8,077 battles
1 minute ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

@Logan_MountStuart I edited my earlier post to show all three of mine.

Yes I have the Pommern/Loewenhardt ones too, those I understand being new ships and fitting into the German theme, but the others seem to be deliberately chosen by a WG algorithm.

Just tell us WG, stop doing things secretly.

• Cool 2

[O-R-P]
Players
2,357 posts
23,670 battles
26 minutes ago, PeteEarthling said:

I have missions for Italian BB... which is beyond ridiculous.

Working as intended. They are just suggests you something... :Smile_trollface: 

Spoiler

They suggests you that you want Roma or AL Littorio :Smile_trollface: Even if you didn't want, you want them :Smile_trollface:

My missions:

1223185848_Zrzutekranu(247).thumb.png.ec58ddda58f49ed27c275a5e00131937.png

158597146_Zrzutekranu(248).thumb.png.9e4b02fc3d2c9f8e3564d63b78f68066.png

At least bearable class chosing.

• Funny 2

Players
896 posts
6,058 battles
51 minutes ago, SeaWolf7 said:

This is probably the right answer. And whether you can complete the missions or not is fairly irrelevant, as you can complete the German collection through your daily XP reward crates for free, and the reward itself is cosmetic.

Someone said that part of the explanation probably is forcing some variety upon the game. If this is the actual reason for doing it this way, I think there are two issues:

- Some people cannot complete these missions at all, due to what is in their ports (or regrinds), which feels unfair, even if IMHO the actual disadvantage is negligible.

- If they are forced to rely on these kinds of mechanisms to make sure ship line-ups are balanced, then that is IMHO indicative of something going seriously wrong with the game - whatever WG has implemented over, say the past 6 months or so, has had a lot of negative consequences making various ships unattractive to play, for various reasons (some WG, some player base related).

• Cool 3

Players
6,117 posts

Most of us can probably pick the required ships but if I understood this correctly, OP does not have the required ships which seem rather unfair, if you are asking me.

• Cool 2

[BHSFL]
Players
3,690 posts

- Not everyone spamming the same ships hindering MM and increasing waiting queues for some classes is a plausible and sensible explanation

- Countering farming divisions could also be a reason though less plausible.

[MUMMY]
Players
636 posts
10,337 battles
Just now, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

Most of us can probably pick the required ships but if I understood this correctly, OP does not have the required ships which seem rather unfair, if you are asking me.

Spreadsheet says its fine, especially for the Italian BB guy :cap_popcorn:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

Players
6,117 posts
1 minute ago, rage1750 said:

Spreadsheet says its fine, especially for the Italian BB guy :cap_popcorn:

Don't you mean balance sheet? :Smile_glasses: Mind you, the happy days might be over on Cyprus....

• Cool 1

Players
68 posts
656 battles
33 minutes ago, PeteEarthling said:

I have missions for Italian BB... which is beyond ridiculous.

They are selling AL Littorio right now... :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 2