Flandre Bug Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Martaloc801124

Pommern , wtf is this crap?

99 comments in this topic

Players
105 posts
10,026 battles

Hi guys just as the title say ,what the hell happened whit this german BB? I really hoped a decent tier 9 coal BB as the Jean Bart , Musashi and Georgia.

In the preliminary stats was decent , not good cuz this is a germans ship but playable.

Her stats was 1.8 sigma with 30 sec reload.

In my opnion this was good cuz in my t9 ships im in usual in full T9 match, then the next match T10 and only from ten match in one or two top tier with T9-7 match.

Now 9.7 is live  and i just looked Pommern stats again and i see this :

https://www.wows-gamer-blog.com/2020/05/ludendorff-tier-ix-german-battleship.html

What the stinking bloody hell is this ?!?

1.5 sigma with 33 sec reload? Even the dispersion of her guns is bad : 273 meter. Is this some bad joke? 

This ship is in a top tier almost always in t10 ,  she must competitive with the tier tens. 

But this? long reload with unaccurate , smal caliber guns ? OMFG...................Who tested this ship?

Stalingrads, Petropavlosks ,Zaos , Yoshinos and all the other cruisers will farm this miserable ship with easy.

When she meet a normal BB T9-10 BB ,she will lose again  cuz

a. 1.5 sigma and big dispersion wont hit anything

b. when enemy BB is angled the 380mm guns just ricochet, plus you cant hit the superstructure with the unaccurate guns.

You can say that Pommern has good secondarys and torpedos, go brawl with her dont snipe !  

This is not true either cuz you never will just with youre auxaliary armamants ,this is not that game, usualy esp with in this high tier you will burned to death in minutes or citadell shoots, not to mention the DD's and  CW's torps and guns.

So DEAR WG fix this ship give back her 1.8 sigma with the 30 sec reload, particularly the Slava hit the live servers too and compered to the Pommern , the Pommern is a big bad joke !!!

Slava can hit anything on the whole map , Pommern fail  even from brawl range under 10 km................................

Flamu video  from Slava 

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Modder
5,211 posts
23,463 battles
26 minutes ago, Martaloc801124 said:

a. 1.5 sigma and big dispersion wont hit anything(...)

So DEAR WG fix this ship give back her 1.8 sigma with the 30 sec reload, particularly the Slava hit the live servers too and compered to the

Played both versions.

- 1.8 sigma and 30 sec reload was good. Probably too strong.

- 1.6 and 33 sec reload, was ok, but nothing extraordinary. Still I thought this ship was better then tech tree IX FDG.

Ship nose in on >12 km was rather impossbie to hit, but even on longest ranges she scored often a citadel hit on cruisers.

1.5 probably is making her very close to average, but this is a trend of ballancing premiums from a long time.

Players
105 posts
10,026 battles

Just for you Tirpitz and Bismarck sigma is 1.8 and not good. I hope you will still love Pommern when any Stalinium ship or the overmatch 457 mm guns premium BB's will you eat alive (Ohio, Thunderer,Georgia).

This is a tier 9 ship not tier 5.

Ah i remembered, Musashi with his big gun has 1.7 sigma too with the same 274meter dispersion and has 30 sec reload, with MBM3 26,4 sec, Pommern with MBM3 29,04 sec, horrible ,so youre argument is invalid.  

Pommern is just crap not average.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 1

[XTREM]
Players
2,026 posts
14,921 battles

You will probably not be convinced otherwise, but Pommern is going to prove to be a strong BB. Mark my words. 

In any case, you have not yet played the ship or yet know how it performs to be asking for buffs, and you are overly focusing on one aspect of the ship rather than considering the whole. 

• Cool 1

Players
105 posts
10,026 battles

Aha ,when Grosser Kurfürst is almost out of meta with her bigger , more accurate and faster reloading guns, Pommern definitly will be a strong ship, im convinced.

In meanwhile i hoped my glorious Musashi and killed one Odin ,one Tallin and the enemy Midway CV , easy 168 k damage from long range sniping  (between14 -17 km), this is the new sad meta , you will never do that with the Pommern , just wondering why cant you hit anything past 10 km and die pitiable.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 1

[XTREM]
Players
2,026 posts
14,921 battles
47 minutes ago, Martaloc801124 said:

Aha ,when Grosser Kurfürst is almost out of meta with her bigger , more accurate and faster reloading guns, Pommern definitly will be a strong ship, im convinced.

In meanwhile i hoped my glorious Musashi and killed one Odin ,one Tallin and the enemy Midway CV , easy 168 k damage from long range sniping  (between14 -17 km), this is the new sad meta , you will never do that with the Pommern , just wondering why cant you hit anything past 10 km and die pitiable.

Kurfurst is ''almost out of meta''? Who told you that? 

That's hilarious. I suppose you think Kremlin is also crap, because it has even worse long range consistency than Kurfurst. 

Just because a ship isn't an amazing sniper doesn't make said ship crap. 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
10,315 posts
12,044 battles

4alp65.jpg

You have only yourself for blame for purchasing ship with known specs, which are in questionable territory. I can understand purchasing Tirpitz, Hood or what else for historical reasons, but Pommern is recycled WG creation, haphazardly kitbashed just to sell something.

Given IFHE/armor rework didn't happened yesterday, going for 380mm guns at high tiers is questionable pick due to lack of overmatch on quite a number of cruisers. Then 12gun on a tier, where 9 is the standard, it will be obvious reload/accuracy penalty will follow, as Alsace has shown.

• Cool 6
  • Funny 3

[INTRO]
[INTRO]
Players
1,446 posts
18,962 battles

I took her for a spin in co-op.

shot-20_08.06_15_49.30-0611.thumb.jpg.2b8b3deddd07ac1e64b266ae15e9639c.jpg

Not bad at all. But as someone said: Don't badmouth a ship you haven't played.

I have a dream that the players of this game one day will rise up and understand that sniping and hiding behind islands is a bad and boring way to play. I have a dream.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 1

Players
1,313 posts
19,716 battles
8 minutes ago, Hanse77SWE said:

I have a dream that the players of this game one day will rise up and understand that sniping and hiding behind islands is a bad and boring way to play. I have a dream.

You call it bad and boring play, I call it smart positioning. :cap_old:

• Boring 1

Players
105 posts
10,026 battles

I dont buyed this crap, im always read what can do whatever ship.

But you know guys be happy with this nerfed junk.

I play instead op RU ships. I bought P Bagration and that ship super , kill anybody left and right either with Ap or HE , has heal and very tanky despite being a cruiser.

Same with Stalingrad.

My next target is Slava,  whenever i sink Pommern or any nerfed german wonder , i will always think for you and youre perfect positioning and brawlingtechnics with very big sarcastics smile whoever wasted coal or real money on these, cuz i will not.

*EDIT*

• Cool 1
  • Bad 2

[N0RSE]
Players
232 posts
15,919 battles
14 hours ago, Martaloc801124 said:

*EDIT*

Bye bye, no need to discuss with us then. Please take the tinfoil hat with you.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

Players
1,313 posts
19,716 battles
14 hours ago, Martaloc801124 said:

*EDIT*

Oh man, I wish I was paid by WG to play Wows :Smile_sceptic:

• Cool 2

[TTT]
Players
1,625 posts
14,901 battles

Please be courteous with fellow players and remember that just because someone disagrees with you, that doesn't mean you should accuse them of dishonesty. People just have different opinions.

• Cool 4
  • Bad 1

[PISH]
Players
372 posts
3,537 battles

Bought the Pommern fully knowning the specs and I enjoy it. Its a Tirpitz that took steroids and Tirpitz itself is a destroyer that hit the gym and protein. Plus the FDG hull armor is excellent so no complaints. The guns are a shotgun, but you're here for torpedoes.

• Cool 2

Players
1,090 posts

Poor Pompom, if WG decide to play nice and give Her some proper sigma and Odin a fair health pool them I'm getting the wallet out, I'm just waiting for Anchorage surely something must escape the Nuclear Nerf Hammer eventualy FGS 

Players
1,270 posts
On 8/6/2020 at 12:20 PM, Martaloc801124 said:

Just for you Tirpitz and Bismarck sigma is 1.8 and not good. I hope you will still love Pommern when any Stalinium ship or the overmatch 457 mm guns premium BB's will you eat alive (Ohio, Thunderer,Georgia).

This is a tier 9 ship not tier 5.

Ah i remembered, Musashi with his big gun has 1.7 sigma too with the same 274meter dispersion and has 30 sec reload, with MBM3 26,4 sec, Pommern with MBM3 29,04 sec, horrible ,so youre argument is invalid.  

Pommern is just crap not average.

It's actually not that bad a ship to play.

I have a few T9 premium BBs. Like Bajie, George, Bart and this one. I'd sooner play this BB than the other 3.

Also have Oden (T8), got that first but this is better than Oden for playing. Although... I think both are pretty good, but the Pomm just has way better secondary hits coming off it than Oden.

• Cool 1

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,623 posts
6,078 battles
23 minutes ago, MRGTB said:

It's actually not that bad a ship to play.

I have a few T9 premium BBs. Like Bajie, George, Bart and this one. I'd sooner play this BB than the other 3.

Also have Oden (T8), got that first but this is better than Oden for playing. Although... I think both are pretty good, but the Pomm just has way better secondary hits coming off it than Oden.

I know it's, again, early to judge a ship after only one game, but..

I certainly have no reason, or right, to complain about the Pommern after the first drive I got earlier, a 158k damage, four kill game.

• Cool 1

Players
632 posts
27,423 battles

This looks like a fun Ship to me. Better than the FdG that is for sure.

1.8 Sigma would have been very nice but that might make the Ship OP. with 12 Guns, Torps, Good Armor and Good Secondaries

• Cool 1

[CCLUB]
Players
20 posts
15,445 battles

Last 2 battles with Pommern makes me wonder what is wrong with this ship...at first one I got detonation from one torp hit of Edinburgh..and at second game I blow up from topr hit to engine....I have never ever before lost any of my BB's to hit like those. I looked Survivability specs of torpedo protection and it is same for Pommern and Kurf but Pommern blow up in situation where I have never lost any BB.

Players
285 posts
3,549 battles
On 8/13/2020 at 9:15 PM, Iku_CC said:

Last 2 battles with Pommern makes me wonder what is wrong with this ship...at first one I got detonation from one torp hit of Edinburgh..and at second game I blow up from topr hit to engine....I have never ever before lost any of my BB's to hit like those. I looked Survivability specs of torpedo protection and it is same for Pommern and Kurf but Pommern blow up in situation where I have never lost any BB.

send in the replay to support ask them to check it out maybe a bug 1 torp shouldnt blow you up

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,623 posts
6,078 battles
56 minutes ago, TheBicentennialman said:

send in the replay to support ask them to check it out maybe a bug 1 torp shouldnt blow you up

Unless it hit his magazine and he wasn't using a det flag..

Players
828 posts
3,739 battles
7 hours ago, TheBicentennialman said:

You seriously have played 2,7k battles and do not know about detonation mechanics? Even one shell can cause a detonation (https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Detonation). It happens rarely, but it can happen if you do not equip the respective flag.

• Cool 1

Players
160 posts
8,420 battles

"Powerful armor protection"....

And still torpedo tubes get easily destroyed from 15-17km using PM skill, main armaments upgrade mod 1. I don't dare to think how things could be if the protection wasn't powerful. WeeGee at their best. Can you please provide us a spreadsheet? 

Congrats WeeGee.

Annotation 2020-08-14 085758.png

Sign in to follow this