Flandre Bug Read more... ×
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
AlwaysBadLuckWithTeams

All directives+all Twitch missions+all week end missions+all login containers+2*3 containers from CC bonus codes+2 extra containers from PTS= zero German carriers

36 comments in this topic

Weekend Tester
1,384 posts
35,915 battles

So I think I went above and beyond the amount of containers that you were expected to get. And yet here I am, a 5.5 year veteran, obviously not good enough a customer to even deserve a stupid Rhein. I'm speechless. I know players that didn't even open half that number, but ended up with one or even two carriers. And what really makes me a sad panda: they have zero interest in playing them. They don't care for the camo or tokens. They won't grind the line. All they do is wait for the ships to become salable for a little silver and the port slot(s).

I feel so abused and no longer welcome right now, I don't know if I have a future in this game; every login is with such a disgust. I believe in hard work paying off. What a kick in the crotch and spit in the face.

• Cool 9
  • Funny 4
  • Boring 1

Players
2,668 posts
32,740 battles

There is no reason to feel down as those  are upcoming silver ships as you know.  You are not missing anything why take it so serious?

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

[JRM]
Players
7,475 posts

@OP Dont worry m8 you didnt miss all that much, Parsival is the only one worth your time of those 3 we had in boxes and they should be available today anyhow...

• Cool 1

Players
2,055 posts
8,570 battles

I haven't got anything either, but WG used to give all new T6 away at the end of the year directives, so you will probably able to get the T6 in five moths, if you don't want to grind her right now. The carrier event was quite stingy, but we had the Odin missions running in parallel, which could be an explanation why the prizes were toned down, apart from $$$. Also, there seems to be some sales guy behind, who only cares about setting up these events as a way of whale milking.

Players
1,296 posts
11,488 battles
1 hour ago, AlwaysBadLuckWithTeams said:

So I think I went above and beyond the amount of containers that you were expected to get. And yet here I am, a 5.5 year veteran, obviously not good enough a customer to even deserve a stupid Rhein. I'm speechless. I know players that didn't even open half that number, but ended up with one or even two carriers. And what really makes me a sad panda: they have zero interest in playing them. They don't care for the camo or tokens. They won't grind the line. All they do is wait for the ships to become salable for a little silver and the port slot(s).

I feel so abused and no longer welcome right now, I don't know if I have a future in this game; every login is with such a disgust. I believe in hard work paying off. What a kick in the crotch and spit in the face.

Haha, the first 5 containers I opened had the tier 4 and 6 missions in them AND I have only played 1 game in the tier 4.

• Funny 1

Players
3,543 posts
20,662 battles
2 hours ago, AlwaysBadLuckWithTeams said:

5 year vet here too and I havent felt part of the target audience since last quarter 2019. Whale milking and abuse of customer addiction issues through overuse of RNG for everything is what the design and marketing team seems to focus on. I hate gambling so I really cant be arsed. 

I got the TIV carrier but I couldnt care less, felt the same about all the previous early access rng events. It is actually irritating me.

I stopped paying them sincs the start of this year with the exception of getting my Belfast back for 16 euros, I'm on the verge of stop playing out of sheer annoyance. The deteriorated level of gameplay, also caused by WG, doesnt help much either :\

• Cool 9

Players
74 posts
8,434 battles
9 minutes ago, Europizza said:

5 year vet here too and I havent felt part of the target audience since last quarter 2019. Whale milking and abuse of customer addiction issues through overuse of RNG for everything is what the design and marketing team seems to focus on. I hate gambling so I really cant be arsed. 

I got the TIV carrier but I couldnt care less, felt the same about all the previous early access rng events. It is actually irritating me.

I stopped paying them sincs the start of this year with the exception of getting my Belfast back for 16 euros, I'm on the verge of stop playing out of sheer annoyance. The deteriorated level of gameplay, also caused by, WG doesnt help much either :\

Here comes mega-tron and mickey mouse and flying spitting fire monkeys ...yeahhh !!! no need for sadness.. also f-16 and f-35 on new year fun times !

• Funny 3

[OHRIP]
Players
1,186 posts
9,897 battles
2 hours ago, AlwaysBadLuckWithTeams said:

WG is greedy as hell, just remember the PR disaster. Compared to that, this is just a blip. You were unlucky, should have bought premium containers, you stingy capitalist swine!

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

Players
310 posts
20,868 battles
45 minutes ago, waxx25 said:

AND I have only played 1 game in the tier 4

Likewise. After putting 5 torps & 5 rockets into that tanky beast the Caledon and getting 11k damage, I've decided that it's not even worthy of port decoration. It's getting sold as soon as the patch goes live.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

[GEUS]
[GEUS]
Players
391 posts
12,529 battles
2 hours ago, Execute0rder66 said:

There is no reason to feel down as those  are upcoming silver ships as you know.  You are not missing anything why take it so serious?

If you would've unlocked the carriers in the event, you would've also unlocked a mission to get the permanent camoflage for free. So yes, you are missing anything. (Apart from the port slots, I guess those aren't even that valuable).

It just another example of how RNG sucks, while WG insists on using this system nobody likes. But as long as RNG lootboxes keep bringing in money, I guess we're stuck with it.

• Cool 2

Players
2,668 posts
32,740 battles
25 minutes ago, Purnylla said:

If you would've unlocked the carriers in the event, you would've also unlocked a mission to get the permanent camoflage for free. So yes, you are missing anything. (Apart from the port slots, I guess those aren't even that valuable).

Imagine, i would be missing a camouflage. Maybe i should re-think my life now. 

It just another example of how RNG sucks, while WG insists on using this system nobody likes. But as long as RNG lootboxes keep bringing in money, I guess we're stuck with it.

Metallica, sad but true.

Players
2,668 posts
32,740 battles
1 hour ago, Europizza said:

I stopped paying them sincs the start of this year with the exception of getting my Belfast back for 16 euros, I'm on the verge of stop playing out of sheer annoyance. The deteriorated level of gameplay, also caused by WG, doesnt help much either :\

From reddit;

32B77ADF-A305-49ED-94C1-B9E1FF28AB93.jpeg

• Funny 8

Players
1,092 posts

I bought nothing and just played the game and got the Rhien, I'll fetch a few credits I suppose :Smile_coin:

[COMFY]
Players
264 posts
2,755 battles
2 hours ago, GulvkluderGuld said:

It's sad to say, but none of the events in WoWs 2020 are worth bothering with anymore (with exception of the PanEU campaign)

This hits hard because its true.

Its really sad to see how all the good and generous Events literally vanished from sight and you get these trash events.

• Cool 3

Players
292 posts
12,948 battles

Your were unluckly but that is not to be sad about directives you can do and then getting something is the best way! (Not the porto rico one)

Myself has the Rhein with the first 5 containers (directive 1) the Wieser only when i completed directive 3. When i finished all directives i had not the Parsival so i bought 1 box and there was my last mission. (i was luckly but on average when you buy 5 boxes you should have a mission)

[PUPSI]
Players
805 posts
2,665 battles

Sorry about your bad luck OP. It's a lottery and isn't set up to take 'hard work' into account.

In many ways it's only an issue if you really really wanted the permacamos cos the CVs can now be researched as normal. And that's the important point: it's shoddy of WG to put hyped rewards behind a good-RNG-wall that's designed to make people spend money on premium gambling boxes.

Expecting to get the early access missions because you feel you deserve it isn't how this lottery works though. Far better for one's own mental health and enjoyment to take the free stuff you get and simply view the potential for early access as a nice possible bonus, not the main point.

Again, though, it's up to WG to not make so many good rewards conditional on early access content. Maybe if they did that there would be less ill-feeling.

Incidentally, the only time I've ever spent money on event containers was during the British DDs event, because those boxes contained a guaranteed number of tokens that I could put towards the reward I wanted from the event. That made it easier to view the camos, flags and, especially, early access missions as bonuses rather than the main thing I was buying them for. It's a great shame that that way of setting things up appears to belong to the past. (I'll ping @Crysantos and @MrConway for feedback purposes, hope you'll both excuse my taking the liberty).

• Cool 3

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,848 posts
17,751 battles

Hi all,

4 hours ago, AlwaysBadLuckWithTeams said:

If there is any consolation to you I only got Tier IV KM CV from "Daily Crate" and 30+ other German CV containers yielded absolute 0... :Smile_sad:

BTW, the past Soviet / Russian Cruiser event also was 100% disaster for me as well - never got a single 300:

Directive I Containers (8):

5 + 5 + 10 + 5 + 15 + 10 + 15 + 5  = 70

Directive II Containers (14):

15 + 10 + 15 + 5 + 5 + 5 + 5 + 25 + 5 + 5 + 15 + 10 + 15  + 5 = 140

Directive III Containers (15):

5 + 5 + 15 + 5 + 5 + 5 + 5 + 10 + 10 + 5 + 5 + 5 + 5 + 25 + 5 = 115

Directive IV Containers (15):

15 + 15 + 5 + 15 + 5 + 5 + 5 + 5 + 15 + 10 + 10 + 5 + 5 + 5 + 5 = 120

Daily Containers (6):

5 + 10 + 5 + 10 + 5 + 5 = 40

Twitch Containers (7):

5 + 5 + 5 + 15 + 15 + 15 + 15 = 75

Bought for 500 Doubloons in order to get "Mikoyan" (Direct Tokens) & pressed wrong button (Instead of submarine token):

15 + 10 = 25

WG News Gift (Direct Tokens):

5 + 5 + 5 + 5 + 5 + 5 + 5 + 5 + 5 = 45

Mikoyan (Direct Tokens):

15 + 15 + 15 + 15 + 15  + 15 + 15 + 15 + 15 + 15 + 15 + 15 + 15  + 15 + 15 + 15 + 15 + 15 + 15 + 15  + 15  = 315

Summary for Containers:

5 = 38x (190) 59%

10 = 10x (100) 15%

15 = 15x (225) 23%

25 = 2x (50) 3%

300 = 0x (0) 0%

Number of Containers = 65

Average = 8,69 "Soviet Tokens" per container

Grand total of unbelievable poor RNG =  950 Soviet Tokens...

Leo "Apollo11"

• Cool 2

WG Staff
3,415 posts
15,104 battles
6 hours ago, AlwaysBadLuckWithTeams said:

Hi there! I completely understand that it can be frustrating when RNG isn't on your side. We try different approaches to Early Access, with e.g. the EU DDs it was possible to get a guaranteed Early Access with a different system based on tokens. Would a system like that be a better experience for you? But while I understand that you would have liked to be one of the first to get your hands on them, they're now fully researchable - so the only thing you won't be able to get compared to right now is the permanent camouflages on top (which also only players get who actively played the EA ships), which might appear in the game at a later point.

Greetings, Crysantos

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Players
2,130 posts
20,074 battles

I certainly prefer the early access option where you can choose if you want the ship or something else. 

I’m just going sell the German CV I got as I have absolutely no interest in playing them whatsoever it’s just a free port slot. 

• Cool 3

[TACHA]
Players
315 posts
5,759 battles
16 minutes ago, Crysantos said:

Hi there! I completely understand that it can be frustrating when RNG isn't on your side. We try different approaches to Early Access, with e.g. the EU DDs it was possible to get a guaranteed Early Access with a different system based on tokens. Would a system like that be a better experience for you? But while I understand that you would have liked to be one of the first to get your hands on them, they're now fully researchable - so the only thing you won't be able to get compared to right now is the permanent camouflages on top, which might appear in the game at a later point.

Greetings, Crysantos

It would be good to make them available later on as per other cammo's.

• Cool 1

[TACHA]
Players
315 posts
5,759 battles
4 hours ago, Andy_the_Cupid_Stunt said:

Likewise. After putting 5 torps & 5 rockets into that tanky beast the Caledon and getting 11k damage, I've decided that it's not even worthy of port decoration. It's getting sold as soon as the patch goes live.

I thought it was just me learning to playing CV's for the first time and being terrible at doing damage or something, I get a citadel and see I've done hardly any damage :)