Jump to content
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
ToxicWomble

A possible solution to CV`s in CB`s

10 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[THESO]
Beta Tester
48 posts
12,585 battles

Hello all you CV lovers and haters, as we all know cv`s are here to stay and while we all complain about them (apart from a certain few) no names mentioned...you could reduce the impact a cv has by simply having a tier lower cv in the game,he can still spot and do damage although at a fraction of the damage a same tier cv can do and thus not be so OP that it makes all other ships shiver when they see a squadron coming for them. Having played the current CB season it seems to me that even a T6 cv is more op due to the fact that only a few ships have a heal...yeah sure a group of Spee`s with fighter plane is almost untouchable even more so than Stalingrads with DEFAA and Perth/Huanghe in smoke can be a small problem they can still be `got` as it is.

  • Boring 1
  • Bad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,654 posts
14,315 battles
10 minutes ago, ToxicWomble said:

Hello all you CV lovers and haters, as we all know cv`s are here to stay and while we all complain about them (apart from a certain few) no names mentioned...you could reduce the impact a cv has by simply having a tier lower cv in the game,he can still spot and do damage although at a fraction of the damage a same tier cv can do and thus not be so OP that it makes all other ships shiver when they see a squadron coming for them. Having played the current CB season it seems to me that even a T6 cv is more op due to the fact that only a few ships have a heal...yeah sure a group of Spee`s with fighter plane is almost untouchable even more so than Stalingrads with DEFAA and Perth/Huanghe in smoke can be a small problem they can still be `got` as it is.

A Hosho has no issues against T7 ships. It would make no difference. If CW’s was T10. Well, Enterprise is practically a T10 anyway and would be just as good. 

  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BHSFL]
Players
3,690 posts
15,859 battles
1 hour ago, ToxicWomble said:

Hello all you CV lovers and haters, as we all know cv`s are here to stay and while we all complain about them (apart from a certain few) no names mentioned...you could reduce the impact a cv has by simply having a tier lower cv in the game,he can still spot and do damage although at a fraction of the damage a same tier cv can do and thus not be so OP that it makes all other ships shiver when they see a squadron coming for them. Having played the current CB season it seems to me that even a T6 cv is more op due to the fact that only a few ships have a heal...yeah sure a group of Spee`s with fighter plane is almost untouchable even more so than Stalingrads with DEFAA and Perth/Huanghe in smoke can be a small problem they can still be `got` as it is.

 

It is not the damage of CV that causes problems.....it is the spotting and with that indirect damage from it's allies ( huge damage from potentially almost every enemy ship in the match.... ) and the mapping of the entiretly of the enemies fleet intentions foiling any advanced surprise strategies.

 

Or so the more intelligent to the point complaints read. And there is no denying that.

 

Any other ship type can make enemies violently explode and almost all pack way more potantial alpha damage then a CV. No denying that either...only need to look in port at the damage plane weapons can cause and compare that with shells and ship torpedoes. And then realize planes a CV can't release bombs at you every 30 seconds in the match.....while 1 enemy BB already can. And it is never alone. A CV is alone in highter tiers.

 

You should however consider CV spotting is not a WG dev blackout idea but most probably a mechanic to shorten matches, freeing server capacity/assisting MM in it's job. If so all complaining will fall on deaf ears.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SM0KE]
Players
6,601 posts
15,069 battles
1 hour ago, ToxicWomble said:

so OP that it makes all other ships shiver when they see a squadron coming for them.

I can't speak for the other classes, but when playing DDs, the problem is not the power of the CVs, but rather the fact that they spot me - which leaves me wide open for surface fire, and messes up whatever sneaky thing I was trying to do.

 

I don't believe that tinkering with the relative tiers of CVs in small map modes would help with this, sadly...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,706 posts
21,030 battles
1 hour ago, ToxicWomble said:

you could reduce the impact a cv has by simply having a tier lower cv in the game,he can still spot and do damage although at a fraction of the damage a same tier cv can do and thus not be so OP that it makes all other ships shiver when they see a squadron coming for them.

 

This would only work on T6 CV + T8 ships as T4 and T8 CVs are far too powerful for their tier.

 

24 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

It is not the damage of CV that causes problems.....it is the spotting and with that indirect damage from it's allies ( huge damage from potentially almost every enemy ship in the match.... ) and the mapping of the entiretly of the enemies fleet intentions foiling any advanced surprise strategies.

 

Wrong, it is a combination of all 3.

 

24 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

Any other ship type can make enemies violently explode and almost all pack way more potantial alpha damage then a CV. No denying that either.

 

This is why CVs put out among, if not the highest average damage in the game despite the average CV player being incompetent.

Oh wait.

 

Nice try being intellectually dishonest and talk about DPM instead of actual damage potential.

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,972 posts
5,180 battles

I suggest a written contract in which if you commit to never playing a CV, you are never matched against one.
WG could easily send these in the mail

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,140 posts
20,091 battles

I admire the OPs desire to try and find a way to balance the impact of CVs in ranked and the realism in that there is no way WG would ever remove them. However their spotting potential is so great they really change the whole dynamic of the battle so even dropping a tier wouldn't have that much of an impact. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CAIN]
Players
4,902 posts
20,521 battles

Well, CVs are here to stay no matter what?

Blargh, fine.

 

Then limit their action radius to the A an B lines for the northern spawn and the same for the southern team.

 

Center is CV free, and whoever pushes in the enemy spawn is toast. 

 

Win-win. No need to thank me  you're welcome!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BHSFL]
Players
3,690 posts
15,859 battles
1 hour ago, Jethro_Grey said:

Well, CVs are here to stay no matter what?

Blargh, fine.

 

Then limit their action radius to the A an B lines for the northern spawn and the same for the southern team.

 

Center is CV free, and whoever pushes in the enemy spawn is toast. 

 

Win-win. No need to thank me  you're welcome!

 

I would sign for removal of team spotting inmediatly.

 

Maybe get a recon squadron or a radio relay consumable to still provide some intel to allies, but not continuous.  There were no naval planes that did not have a recon function.

 

But as i said that spotting is probabaly meant to make matches shorter, increasing server capacities ( more matches per hour for same capacity ) and assist MM in it's task. If that is the case they will not listen to anti-CV players and not to CV players that can agree on some points.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-LA-]
Players
701 posts
5,354 battles
6 hours ago, NikolayKuznetsov said:

I suggest a written contract in which if you commit to never playing a CV, you are never matched against one.
WG could easily send these in the mail

oo gimme one of those for dd's!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×