YabbaCoe

0.9.7 - Ranked Sprint

24 comments in this topic

[WG]
WG Staff
5,735 posts
4,470 battles

c078d1ac-d59f-11ea-bc7c-8cdcd4b147d4.jpg

Starts: Friday 21st August 11:00 CEST (UTC+2)
Ends: Monday 31st August 10:30 CEST (UTC+2)

Format: 3 vs. 3, playing Tier IX ships
Rewards: 10,000 Coal; 500,000 credits; and a lot of signals.
Maps: Hotspot, Mountain Range, Shatter, Warrior's Path, and Northern Waters with reduced combat areas.

Details of the Ranked Sprint will be published in a dedicated article.

[CCN]
Players
17 posts
10,548 battles

There is no CV??? 

Cos this ranked season is really fun and engaging with the CVs

:cap_wander:

• Funny 1

[PUSH]
[PUSH]
Players
163 posts
11,208 battles

seems to a be a bug with the current sprint, doesn't allow for divs but the dev blog said it would allow them!

[THESO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,931 posts
10,113 battles
4 hours ago, _Xaero_ said:

seems to a be a bug with the current sprint, doesn't allow for divs but the dev blog said it would allow them!

This...It's impossible to join in divs.

Players
1,313 posts
19,716 battles

Hey dudes from WG, how does this work? :cap_yes:

I killed all 3 enemy ships but still lost the game (last kill was ram). Shouldn't be draw?

1.jpg

2.jpg

[PUSH]
[PUSH]
Players
163 posts
11,208 battles
28 minutes ago, quickr said:

Hey dudes from WG, how does this work? :cap_yes:

I killed all 3 enemy ships but still lost the game (last kill was ram). Shouldn't be draw?

1.jpg

2.jpg

if they have more points than you when you ram, they will still win, if you have more points when you ram, you will win :)

Players
1,313 posts
19,716 battles
13 minutes ago, _Xaero_ said:

if they have more points than you when you ram, they will still win, if you have more points when you ram, you will win :)

I honest to god didn't know that and I got over 14k games played.:Smile_facepalm:

TY :cap_like:

[THESO]
Players
26 posts
7,077 battles

I hope you guys fix this bug soon... 

No reason playing ranked battles without a friend who you can atleast rely on

• Cool 2

[LSCA]
Players
1,585 posts
12,606 battles
1 minute ago, whiskey_sk said:

so, why aren't the divisions working? Hello?

image.thumb.png.fc70ca4a50fbf4f56d36e26e7ba85098.png

maybe thats why they todo tomorrow the server restarts

[SWN]
Players
163 posts
8,167 battles

No CV's and in a 3 vs 3 format so that individual skill finaly matters, like it should in a competitive game mode..

Finaly we get a real ranked instead of all the other [edited] seasons we had...

Shame it's sprint though, over to quickly...

Players
2,714 posts
32,813 battles
7 minutes ago, IlljustcallhimDave said:

Just checked and you can division now

An hour and a half or two hours ago, i saw a BB+DD div in enemy and 2xBB div on my team while playing my alt account.

[PUSH]
[PUSH]
Players
163 posts
11,208 battles
23 hours ago, quickr said:

I honest to god didn't know that and I got over 14k games played.:Smile_facepalm:

TY :cap_like:

yeah it's a strange one, no problem (=

Players
1,913 posts

Really fun sprint. A bit short. Ranked out on day 1. But very enjoyable with shorter, faster, more brawling type of games. And no CV's.

More of this kind of stuff please. Less of that other crap. 

[SWN]
Players
163 posts
8,167 battles

Shame it was so short :(

One of the most fun ranked seasons I played.

Finished it with a 68% win rate in the Kitakaze. Kita was a lot of fun but dd vs dd fights are skewed in the Kitas favour so much that it wasn't much of challenge. 

In hindsight I should have played a crappier ship so I could stretch out the season a bit more....

[SE-YA]
Players
22 posts
2,838 battles

I also have to say: this must have been the most fun I've had in WoWs in many years. Small maps, 3 vs 3. Shame it was so short.

[ALYEN]
Players
2,292 posts
4,133 battles
On 8/21/2020 at 5:26 PM, _Xaero_ said:

similar happened to me yesterday. it's a stupid rule as then the same should apply if the enemy team cannot win on points but you lose all ships ... does not make sense if ships alive have precedence in one case and not the other ?

[PUSH]
[PUSH]
Players
163 posts
11,208 battles
8 hours ago, Hugh_Ruka said:

similar happened to me yesterday. it's a stupid rule as then the same should apply if the enemy team cannot win on points but you lose all ships ... does not make sense if ships alive have precedence in one case and not the other ?

I imagine it's done so the game doesn't result in a draw 

• Cool 1

[ALYEN]
Players
2,292 posts
4,133 battles

I have to say the 3v3 format is very enjoyable ... no CVs is a huge benefit (I don't want to imagine what havoc CVs would do in a reduced format like this).

Players
1,067 posts
15,102 battles

This could be down to novelty but the 3vs3 format (even if the maps were engineered for Pommern-friendly CQB) was a roaring success. The possibility of somehow prolonging the ability to participate has been asked for, whether in a super-league or resetting and starting again from Rank 10. This latter was asked on Thursday's Stream and both CMs seemed to approve of the desire.

Perhaps people are a victim to their own success. The forums are full of players flexing unicum win rates in strong Premiums and <20 battles duration. That's great. Good players will Rank out quickly, and the majority of players you'll meet in random teams will be weaker <50% WR players who take longer to reach R1 and simply linger in the queues for longer. Even I managed a quicker than expected R1 just grinding my tech tree ships, but maybe a better solution can be found imitating Sprint 10 (the famous 1vs1 Sprint) which I called Ranked Turbo because every star and Rank was irrevocable but used the regular Ranked R10-R1 number of Stars. It required everybody to reach R1 in 40 battles (originally, you quickly nerfed that to 36 battles).

For good players that would at a stroke double the number of participating games, and would probably be good for weaker players too who find "win a star, lose a star" frustrating.

3vs3vs3 was also a great format for the Rogue Wave and Raid For the Filth events. Let's hope we see more of it.