Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Warrior_16101991

When will thunderer be removed?

35 comments in this topic

Players
27 posts
10,355 battles
I'm saving coal and i could buy thunderer using the coupon.
However, I am planning on taking stalingrad and would like to use the coupon for that.
Does anyone know when thunderer will be removed?

Thanks.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 2

[DAVY]
Players
3,173 posts
14,794 battles

simple answer, no...

but WG should give at least one patch notice before they do remove it.

WoWs Wiki Team, Supertester, Privateer
2,076 posts
13,326 battles
7 minutes ago, Warrior_16101991 said:

However, I am planning on taking stalingrad and would like to use the coupon for that.

Thanks.

Nothing communicated about this and usually it's done months in advance. 

Players
896 posts
6,065 battles

IIRC the removal of JB and Smolensk, as well as the change to Moskva and Kirov were announced two patches in advance. So with whatever ship will be taken out from the shop, armory or Free XP pool that has been there for a while, WG will probably do the same.

General feeling seems to be that Alaska and Georgia might be next to go, due to their popularity, them having been in the armory too long, and the recent shop promotion for Alaska. 

[SINT]
Players
1,053 posts
22,585 battles

Always difficult to plan in advance... Even when informed several patches before you do not always have time to compensate. Saving your 25% coupon wisely is a good step but does not always give enough breathing space. Especially when soon to be removed ships are using the same currency.. like Jean Bart & Smolensk last time...

Currently have the same choice to make now. Either Bourgogne or Stalingrad. If I pick one now and the other goes “ out of shop”  I will never make up for the required steel in time.. even with a new coupon in december.Only way is to delay the purchase, sit on my coupon and only buy one of the 2 when WG declares one of them to become unavailable soon. If both become unavailable I will be screwed regardless.. Guessing that Stalingrad will be the first to go....but would enjoy Bourgogne more..

With coal ships I am in a more comfortable zone. Yoshino, Marceau and soon Pommern are all relatively new and the only ones still missing In my harbor. But with the arrival of 3 former steel ships I can imagine that WG will remove some coal options... From the higher tiers I think that Thunderer And Georgia are the most likely ones...

[THESO]
[THESO]
4,424 posts
12,319 battles
20 minutes ago, Warrior_16101991 said:

I don't understand why this problem with writing

Because you are using black text instead of "default" 

and users who use dark theme cannot see your text. 

Rule of thumb If you are not sure, 

after finishing your post, select all text and click this button.. 

image.png.c0609e19efc895f08a24d46f679a975d.png

• Cool 3

Beta Tester
3,409 posts
3,941 battles

Is there any particular reason to suppose that the Thunderer is in fact going to be removed?

Sure, she's a good ship by most accounts, but surely not an overpowered one on the level of the Smolensk...?

Players
896 posts
6,065 battles
1 hour ago, Jvd2000 said:

Always difficult to plan in advance... Even when informed several patches before you do not always have time to compensate. Saving your 25% coupon wisely is a good step but does not always give enough breathing space. Especially when soon to be removed ships are using the same currency.. like Jean Bart & Smolensk last time...

Currently have the same choice to make now. Either Bourgogne or Stalingrad. If I pick one now and the other goes “ out of shop”  I will never make up for the required steel in time.. even with a new coupon in december.Only way is to delay the purchase, sit on my coupon and only buy one of the 2 when WG declares one of them to become unavailable soon. If both become unavailable I will be screwed regardless.. Guessing that Stalingrad will be the first to go....but would enjoy Bourgogne more..

With coal ships I am in a more comfortable zone. Yoshino, Marceau and soon Pommern are all relatively new and the only ones still missing In my harbor. But with the arrival of 3 former steel ships I can imagine that WG will remove some coal options... From the higher tiers I think that Thunderer And Georgia are the most likely ones...

Well, solution to that is save resources, and only spend them when a ship is announced to be taken out of the armory or you have the spare for the other ship.

• Cool 1

Players
1,972 posts
5,186 battles

I don't know recently but used to be you knew at least 2 months in advance if a coal/fxp ship got removed because obviously people are grinding towards something. Doubloon ships can and do get removed without notice.

Players
10,334 posts
12,044 battles
2 hours ago, Procrastes said:

Is there any particular reason to suppose that the Thunderer is in fact going to be removed?

Sure, she's a good ship by most accounts, but surely not an overpowered one on the level of the Smolensk...?

Smolensk and JB were pulled based on "popularity" reasons. And Tsunderer seems to be following that trend

• Cool 1

Players
1,972 posts
5,186 battles
2 hours ago, Panocek said:

Smolensk and JB were pulled based on "popularity" reasons. And Tsunderer seems to be following that trend

That actually makes sense, it's no longer premium if you see half a dozen of them in every battle.

[BFS]
Beta Tester
2,127 posts
14,362 battles

I was wondering if the Pommern is being introduced next patch then there may be a coal ship removed from the armoury.

Players
10,334 posts
12,044 battles
3 minutes ago, BrusilovX said:

I was wondering if the Pommern is being introduced next patch then there may be a coal ship removed from the armoury.

My guess would be Pommern being replacement for removed JB. Same "small caliber" niche.

• Cool 1

[SINT]
Players
1,053 posts
22,585 battles
6 hours ago, Warrior_16101991 said:

Thanks.

Use your coupon on Stalingrad. If you can afford Thunderer with coupon that means that you are around 190 k coal. Without coupon Thunderer is 60k coal more expensive.. 60.000 coal can be earned in 2 months without much effort. WG gives a warning around 2 patches in advance..Coal is much easier replaced then steel. 

Players
896 posts
6,065 battles
51 minutes ago, Panocek said:

My guess would be Pommern being replacement for removed JB. Same "small caliber" niche.

As of right now, on NA server, Pommern, Thunderer and Georgia are still available from the armory for coal.

Beta Tester
3,557 posts
16,308 battles

There are no guarantees.

Even though it has been announced in advance for most ships, Enterprise was removed over night without notice.

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
1,178 posts
3,162 battles
40 minutes ago, __Helmut_Kohl__ said:

There are no guarantees.

Even though it has been announced in advance for most ships, Enterprise was removed over night without notice.

That was different as it was for RLC not coal.

Beta Tester
3,557 posts
16,308 battles
5 minutes ago, black_falcon120 said:

That was different as it was for RLC not coal.

Does that affect my statement that there are no guarantees? No...

[GRK3N]
[GRK3N]
Players
1,175 posts
6,418 battles
14 hours ago, Procrastes said:

To me Thunderer is a LOT better than Smolensk at winning games. Thunderer has devastating AP with the ability to overmatch 30 mm of armor while at the same time having ridicolous HE. Smolensk is nothing but a HE damage farmer, Smolensk is not even a particularly good cruiser in general. Its a one trick pony and with the recent IFHE rework she doesnt even do that well. Theres so many ships that are better, but all the plebs will continue calling it OP because its easy to sit in smoke and spam people with 100% healable fire damage and then think youve done a good job and carried your weight.

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,649 posts
6,130 battles

Tbh the Thunderer isn't even THAT OP or anything.

Yes she is strong, but she's nowhere near as game breaking as Smolensk can be..

[TRID]
Players
290 posts
5,591 battles
10 hours ago, Panocek said:

I missed getting JB...still makes me a little sad :Smile_sad:

Pommern doesn't hold the same appeal to me.

Sign in to follow this