Jump to content
Flandre Bug Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
chazwozza

lol so many op fantasy russian fire starters

20 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[SKIDZ]
Players
967 posts

Not played in a while due to so many things making game pointless 

 

Played a few games and ROFLMAO russian op fantasy ships of non stop fire starting 

WG get a grip ffs

  • Funny 4
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
632 posts
27,423 battles

Many of these new Russian Cruisers are Heavy Cruisers.

So they are not that good at spamming He. They are better at Citadelling Cruisers and sometimes even Battleships with AP.

The Alexander Newski is the only new russiun Cruiser that can Spam He very well thanks to the Fire Rate, but you can still citadelling Cruisers thanks to the 180mm Guns.

Tallinn, Riga and Petropawlows are better at killing Cruisers. Riga and Petro can citadell Battleships.

Kotovski is not that bad (8 Guns 10 Second reload) and Kirov and Mikojan are also heavy Cruisers.

The only Russiun He Spammer you should worry about is sttill the Smolensk.

Try to Kill it when you see it and try to Run away if that Ship shoots from inside the Smoke and you can not see it.

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
1,035 posts
16,622 battles
26 minutes ago, chazwozza said:

Played a few games and ROFLMAO russian op fantasy ships of non stop fire starting

Wait for Slava, the citadel starter.

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,620 posts
6,068 battles
7 minutes ago, doerhoff_damian said:

The only Russiun He Spammer you should worry about is sttill the Smolensk.

 

Not entirely true, there's also the Ochakov. She's rare, but you do see her occasionally..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
632 posts
27,423 battles
Vor 4 Minuten, lafeel sagte:

Not entirely true, there's also the Ochakov. She's rare, but you do see her occasionally..

Ochakov has 8 152mm Guns. (6 Second Reload) You can spam He with her but I would be more worried about a Cleveland or a 155mm Mogami.

Piotr Bagration on the other Hand is another Heavy Cruiser i should also not forget.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,620 posts
6,068 battles
4 minutes ago, doerhoff_damian said:

Ochakov has 8 152mm Guns. (6 Second Reload) You can spam He with her but I would be more worried about a Cleveland or a 155mm Mogami.

Piotr Bagration on the other Hand is another Heavy Cruiser i should also not forget.

The Bag Rat as I like to call her is definetly no fire starter though.

 

Pretty *edited* good AP for 180mm guns though..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[THESO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,907 posts
10,096 battles

The only true firestarter is buddyony :cap_haloween:

 

38 minutes ago, chazwozza said:

op fantasy ships

Name one

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[XTREM]
Players
2,025 posts
14,921 battles

Actually:

 

*EDIT*

 

I was playing a Chapa btw.

 

 

How does that make you feel? :Smile_trollface:

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,620 posts
6,068 battles
5 minutes ago, doerhoff_damian said:

Since when is the Chapa a new Ship?

We got that Ship back in 2016

Also, it's one of the few ships in the Russian cruiser line that actually left the drawing board..

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TACHA]
Players
315 posts
5,737 battles
5 hours ago, Miragetank90 said:

Actually:

 

*EDIT*

 

I was playing a Chapa btw.

 

 

How does that make you feel? :Smile_trollface:

Well that is stunning sportsmanship on his behalf.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[XTREM]
Players
2,025 posts
14,921 battles
Just now, HansRoaming said:

Well that is stunning sportsmanship on his behalf.

 

Only because I said gg

 

If I reciprocated you can bet it would have turned out differently. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
8,456 posts
9,251 battles
2 hours ago, lafeel said:

The Bag Rat as I like to call her is definetly no fire starter though.

 

Pretty *edited* good AP for 180mm guns though..

That's basically true for all Russian 180s in high tiers and one of the main things people seem to just overlook. Their HE is pretty questionable all things considered. Their AP is good, but if you angle well, these ships can be like a fish out of the water, kept afloat by their ability to still tank. Obviously, matched against any opponent that isn't hampered by their armour (1/4 pen ftw), they can be in very big trouble. And the new 220s aren't great either for HE.

 

The best new HE ships are Ochakov and Alexander Nevsky and both have only 8 guns, leaving them with pretty underwhelming HE dpm for what is essentially a light cruiser. Funnily enough, Nevsky has the same 30 mm pen as the Ochakov, because 180s still go by 1/6 rule, not 1/5. Still, the base HE dpm is so poor (basically on a level with Chapayev, which for T10 isn't cutting it much), that I'd not go for IFHE and just work with the 17% fire chance. But if you get shot by some Nevsky, it's basically like getting shot by a Hindenburg without the pen, getting shot by a Petro is like being shot by a crappy Yoshino. Same accuracy, less range, less dpm, less fire chance.

 

New Russian cruisers are scary AP ships, even Nevsky can citpen other cruisers at considerable range, but whoever complains about the HE dpm really should look at what is already around and realise that these are some of the poorest HE ships we got ever. Even from the perspective of ships with less armour, the Nevsky is decent against cruisers but can be outtraded at shorter ranges by ships like the Des Moines, Worcester and Goliath. And at range against something like Hinden it can still be a toss-up, because while the Nevsky has great ballistics, Hinden will hit your ship easily given how clumsy it handles. Against DDs, Nevsky is the genuine threat, Petro line with crap HE and 15s radar ranks pretty low on the list of threats. I fear a Venezia more than a Petro, because even without radar, if I ever get spotted, Venezia might nuke me, Petro on its own isn't great vs DDs, its radar is too short for great team utility and Petro doesn't encourage DD hunting, so these guys typically don't ambush DDs, rather they open up on someone else and you have an idea of where they are. Nevsky meanwhile doesn't have the tankiness to sit on a cap like Moskva, while its concealment and turning is too poor to play like a Des Mo or Worcester.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,620 posts
6,068 battles
5 minutes ago, HaachamaShipping said:

That's basically true for all Russian 180s in high tiers and one of the main things people seem to just overlook. Their HE is pretty questionable all things considered. Their AP is good, but if you angle well, these ships can be like a fish out of the water, kept afloat by their ability to still tank. Obviously, matched against any opponent that isn't hampered by their armour (1/4 pen ftw), they can be in very big trouble. And the new 220s aren't great either for HE.

 

The best new HE ships are Ochakov and Alexander Nevsky and both have only 8 guns, leaving them with pretty underwhelming HE dpm for what is essentially a light cruiser. Funnily enough, Nevsky has the same 30 mm pen as the Ochakov, because 180s still go by 1/6 rule, not 1/5. Still, the base HE dpm is so poor (basically on a level with Chapayev, which for T10 isn't cutting it much), that I'd not go for IFHE and just work with the 17% fire chance. But if you get shot by some Nevsky, it's basically like getting shot by a Hindenburg without the pen, getting shot by a Petro is like being shot by a crappy Yoshino. Same accuracy, less range, less dpm, less fire chance.

 

New Russian cruisers are scary AP ships, even Nevsky can citpen other cruisers at considerable range, but whoever complains about the HE dpm really should look at what is already around and realise that these are some of the poorest HE ships we got ever. Even from the perspective of ships with less armour, the Nevsky is decent against cruisers but can be outtraded at shorter ranges by ships like the Des Moines, Worcester and Goliath. And at range against something like Hinden it can still be a toss-up, because while the Nevsky has great ballistics, Hinden will hit your ship easily given how clumsy it handles. Against DDs, Nevsky is the genuine threat, Petro line with crap HE and 15s radar ranks pretty low on the list of threats. I fear a Venezia more than a Petro, because even without radar, if I ever get spotted, Venezia might nuke me, Petro on its own isn't great vs DDs, its radar is too short for great team utility and Petro doesn't encourage DD hunting, so these guys typically don't ambush DDs, rather they open up on someone else and you have an idea of where they are. Nevsky meanwhile doesn't have the tankiness to sit on a cap like Moskva, while its concealment and turning is too poor to play like a Des Mo or Worcester.

Reminds me, need to play my Tallinn more, I want that Riga..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
110 posts
13,421 battles
9 hours ago, doerhoff_damian said:

Many of these new Russian Cruisers are Heavy Cruisers.

So they are not that good at spamming He. They are better at Citadelling Cruisers and sometimes even Battleships with AP.

The Alexander Newski is the only new russiun Cruiser that can Spam He very well thanks to the Fire Rate, but you can still citadelling Cruisers thanks to the 180mm Guns.

Tallinn, Riga and Petropawlows are better at killing Cruisers. Riga and Petro can citadell Battleships.

Kotovski is not that bad (8 Guns 10 Second reload) and Kirov and Mikojan are also heavy Cruisers.

The only Russiun He Spammer you should worry about is sttill the Smolensk.

Try to Kill it when you see it and try to Run away if that Ship shoots from inside the Smoke and you can not see it.

IMO is that Smolensk not so much a real fire starter, The ship is for shure a HE spammer but with 800 hits you sometimes just start 7 ot 8 fire,s. When you compare that to the Englishs battle ships than it is just a poor result with a Smolensk. I not understand that so much players find this ship OP because offen they ended somewhere in the middle of the score list. I never have had one good result in this ship ( from 367 battles with this ship the best score was just 167 K damage  ).

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[R3B3L]
Players
1,216 posts
31,897 battles
11 hours ago, chazwozza said:

russian op fantasy ships of non stop fire starting

Didn´t know Bourgogne, Bayard and Conqueror are Russian.

Fantasy, yes.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,940 posts
5,144 battles

Shoot smoke, they know they're back to the lobby if you hit them once, quite often they stop setting you on fire if you shoot their smoke. Also the more Smolensk I see, the more I realize the ship is balanced by the community, if you see one, you shoot it. I prioritize it over anything, including DDs, in fact i'll shoot a smolensk 19km away while I'm brawling something else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×