Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Pappus

The Matchmaking employed leads to poor match quality. Poor match quality consistently holds games back.

3 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
351 posts
7,395 battles

Match quality & Queue time are both integral and neither should be abandoned.

WG you focus on queue time, which has its merits. Especially during night time. People want to play and not stare 5-10 minutes at a timer. However during daytime, when there is enough players you should have code in place to enhance match quality.

I have now played about 5 matches in a row, and I am about done for the day. Not because I don't like the game, but because it was exhausting. It was a problem yesterday aswell so I already installed another game, when there is absolutely no need for that, because the game itself you created is pretty cool, but it is a strategic game in parts and that can only be played if everyone at least understands the basic. If it makes me stop playing, someone else also stops playing because of it which means you are bleeding players (which you can't afford when I look at the human population of your low tiers) over something that could be resolved.

We wouldn't gather to play a nice round of risk and add a couple of 3 year olds to the mix. We wouldn't play uno with a dude that keeps throwing random colors on while letting out special laughs.

Feeding bad players to unicums makes them feel helpless - which they are.

Putting bad players next to a guy that understands the game at least will make him feel alone.

I don't need navy seals mates, but when I am shooting a Talinn from smoke while I know he has radar ready and he just doesn't press the button I lose interest. That isn't pvp to me, that is slapping an unconscious person. I shouldn't wonder if someone would perform better if I took a trained monkey and duct-tape a mice to his hand.

Every time I come back to this game I stop for the very same reason: The absurd amount of low skilled opponents/teamates that are thrown at me. It is not within reason. There is limitless options you could employ to remedy the situation at least to some degree for example simply grading people into bad/average/good. Bad can play with average, but not with good and vice versa.

We don't need to talk about how feeble your onboarding is. You understand this, which is why you are deploying how it works videos and all kinds of stuff. Obviously after 5 years you should have ingame courses to teach people how to play cruiser, dd, cv - what to do against radar, hydro, how to use islands. It should all be developed and in the game so onboarding would be smooth and parts of this issue removed. For those that are adamant on not learning the matchmaker would split them away so that people can enjoy a relaxed match of world of warships.

You could dynamically deactivate the enhancement depending on the active playercount. There would literally be no meaningful loss to queue time that way.

The moment a competitive product comes out, that alleviates the matchmaking issue you have even just a little you will never see me again. I wish though that you would not be so stubborn and reasonably conclude that for a strategy game the matchmaker is not performing at efficiency, when you slap 12 ppl on each side and call it a day. Maybe you want to look at dota-autochess and how swiftly it was cloned and re-think your strategy as to what might happen to your little monopoly here once a big company takes a liking to the market.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2

Players
3,574 posts
20,665 battles
35 minutes ago, Pappus said:

Match quality & Queue time are both integral and neither should be abandoned.

WG you focus on queue time, which has its merits. Especially during night time. People want to play and not stare 5-10 minutes at a timer. However during daytime, when there is enough players you should have code in place to enhance match quality.

I have now played about 5 matches in a row, and I am about done for the day. Not because I don't like the game, but because it was exhausting. It was a problem yesterday aswell so I already installed another game, when there is absolutely no need for that, because the game itself you created is pretty cool, but it is a strategic game in parts and that can only be played if everyone at least understands the basic. If it makes me stop playing, someone else also stops playing because of it which means you are bleeding players (which you can't afford when I look at the human population of your low tiers) over something that could be resolved.

We wouldn't gather to play a nice round of risk and add a couple of 3 year olds to the mix. We wouldn't play uno with a dude that keeps throwing random colors on while letting out special laughs.

Feeding bad players to unicums makes them feel helpless - which they are.

Putting bad players next to a guy that understands the game at least will make him feel alone.

I don't need navy seals mates, but when I am shooting a Talinn from smoke while I know he has radar ready and he just doesn't press the button I lose interest. That isn't pvp to me, that is slapping an unconscious person. I shouldn't wonder if someone would perform better if I took a trained monkey and duct-tape a mice to his hand.

Every time I come back to this game I stop for the very same reason: The absurd amount of low skilled opponents/teamates that are thrown at me. It is not within reason. There is limitless options you could employ to remedy the situation at least to some degree for example simply grading people into bad/average/good. Bad can play with average, but not with good and vice versa.

We don't need to talk about how feeble your onboarding is. You understand this, which is why you are deploying how it works videos and all kinds of stuff. Obviously after 5 years you should have ingame courses to teach people how to play cruiser, dd, cv - what to do against radar, hydro, how to use islands. It should all be developed and in the game so onboarding would be smooth and parts of this issue removed. For those that are adamant on not learning the matchmaker would split them away so that people can enjoy a relaxed match of world of warships.

You could dynamically deactivate the enhancement depending on the active playercount. There would literally be no meaningful loss to queue time that way.

The moment a competitive product comes out, that alleviates the matchmaking issue you have even just a little you will never see me again. I wish though that you would not be so stubborn and reasonably conclude that for a strategy game the matchmaker is not performing at efficiency, when you slap 12 ppl on each side and call it a day. Maybe you want to look at dota-autochess and how swiftly it was cloned and re-think your strategy as to what might happen to your little monopoly here once a big company takes a liking to the market.

This is all legit, except WG isn't into making a great pvp combat game, it's creating an asset collectors game. WG's focus is about quantity, not gameplay quality, that only needs to be 'sufficient' enough for customers to want to collect the assets.

Sucks. I know.

• Cool 3

[THESO]
[THESO]
4,424 posts
12,311 battles

Hello, 

Please use the sticky MM thread for MM related discussions. 

This one will be locked. 

• Funny 1
  • Bad 1