You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Ocsimano18

Pommern, 228000 Coal, Next Patch

219 comments in this topic

[SHAD]
Players
2,475 posts
11,067 battles

Is that really how they are balancing it? Might give it a miss if it stays like this.

[-CSR-]
Beta Tester, In AlfaTesters
202 posts
5,618 battles

I guess yes, good shotgun on mid and close range + secondaries + torpedoes

[BRITS]
Beta Tester
333 posts
6,565 battles

Maybe you will get it for free from the containers for which you can grind.:Smile_great:

LE: I got only the tier 4 german cv. Did not touch it, even for the 1500 base xp to get it's perma camo. I am waiting for the event to finish, sell it and get my free port slot. :cap_haloween:

• Cool 4
  • Funny 3
  • Bad 1

Players
1,425 posts
6,679 battles
3 minutes ago, Origin47 said:

Maybe you will get it for free from the containers for which you can grind.:Smile_great:

I think it has less chance than having a tech tree carrier from the current containers, and we all know how generous those chances were. And we will have a loads of people ending up with a Hipper, after paying for the premium containers. Thanks in advance, WG.

• Funny 1

[PISH]
Players
370 posts
3,067 battles

I may sound like a crazy person but I rather enjoyed the FDG on my second grind through the line. This seems like a nice spin on the floating steel brick concept so I will get it.

• Cool 3

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
4,742 posts
5,280 battles

Plus you can probably get it more directly for € instead of having to pay for the containers or fork out coal.

Players
1,425 posts
6,679 battles
1 minute ago, lafeel said:

Plus you can probably get it more directly for € instead of having to pay for the containers or fork out coal.

If you're comfortable with the T9 pricing. For me it's T8 with 25% discount where my cash fork out ends.

• Cool 5

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
4,742 posts
5,280 battles
4 minutes ago, Ocsimano18 said:

If you're comfortable with the T9 pricing. For me it's T8 with 25% discount where my cash fork out ends.

Certainly no worse than having to pay a similar amount for  containers hoping you get her..

• Cool 2

[PISH]
Players
370 posts
3,067 battles
2 minutes ago, Ocsimano18 said:

:D Can you really put a price on happiness?

• Funny 3

[JRM]
Players
6,291 posts
24,183 battles
34 minutes ago, PanVeduci said:

Except that showing that much side on high tiers usually doesnt work for long on those ranges...

Players
1,425 posts
6,679 battles
6 minutes ago, Bratoev said:

I'll accumulate enough coal to get her, if she worth the price. I'm not sure it's not better to wait for Flint, or something new around Christmas. Also, I compare cash prices to DLC prices in other games. A new ship is like a DLC, so I'm willing to fork out around 20€ for a good one.

[SHAD]
Players
2,475 posts
11,067 battles
54 minutes ago, Bratoev said:

I may sound like a crazy person but I rather enjoyed the FDG on my second grind through the line. This seems like a nice spin on the floating steel brick concept so I will get it.

I liked the FDG as well but this ship looks worse.

Once you think about how often you will use those torps on huge clumsy ship you are left with barely better dpm and no 27mm overmatch.

The ship will be the least accurate ship from T8-10 in the game.

This ship doesn't look good to me at all.

• Cool 3

[SHAFT]
Players
9,515 posts
8,849 battles
30 minutes ago, gopher31 said:

This ship doesn't look good to me at all.

Might not be that bad i think. It trades speed for tanking compared to Alsace. But with torps aswell.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
275 posts

so, the FdG is allready the worst T9, the worst BB on it's tier and I would go as far and state it's even the worst ship tier for tier in the whole game. I despised it and I dont think the secondary buff made it any better. the only thing that could make it useable would be an accuracy buff AND better gun angles. 

and now they bring a nerfed version of this PoS as a premium? really? seriously?

I got the Jean Bart, love it...so why would I ever, ever just for a second think about picking this joke up for "hard earned" coal? why? To make me even think about it for a split second, this would need greatly improved agility. So if it would get at least 3x it's current acceleration and half it's current ruddershift and reduced turningcircle and american secondary dispersion and reduced colldown on it's heal...only than I could see myself start to maybe think about it...because the mainguns are useless with 1.5 sigma and these gunangles. if you use all 12, you get blapped constantly.

I remember my last game with the regular FdG. I aimed at a stationary Des Moines, perfectly broadside to me, at 4,5 km. Out of my 8 guns, 6 missed, 1 overpenned and 1 ricoched...after this game I freeexp-ed the missing 65k to the Kurfürst and ragesold the FdG, never regreted it. Never did this with any other T9 ship.

So, I just cant think of a way that the Pommern could be a good ship except buffing it's soft-stats to a degree, that it becomes fun. But it's a german ship...so...

• Cool 2

[EVA]
243 posts
8,848 battles
Vor 10 Minuten, Kutfroat sagte:

so, the FdG is allready the worst T9, the worst BB on it's tier and I would go as far and state it's even the worst ship tier for tier in the whole game.

Izumo wants to have a word with you ...

:cap_book:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 1

Beta Tester
275 posts
2 minutes ago, JackRyan said:

I personaly dont play japanes BB, but a friend of mine grinded both lines. He meant nothing comes close to the agony of grinding through the FdG. 🤷‍♂️

But I liked the Neptune, played it after the smokfiring nerf...it's a blast compared to FdG. 

Players
1,425 posts
6,679 battles
5 minutes ago, JackRyan said:

FreeXP-ed both Izu and Freddy. :cat_bubble:

• Funny 1

[BABBY]
Players
672 posts
10,272 battles
3 hours ago, Bratoev said:

I caved in and spent 3500d on the Odin and regret every single coin :fish_palm:

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2

[EVA]
243 posts
8,848 battles
Vor 12 Minuten, Ocsimano18 sagte:

FreeXP-ed both Izu and Freddy. :cat_bubble:

I DID the Grind... on both of them ...

That was a long road...

Players
1,425 posts
6,679 battles
6 minutes ago, JackRyan said:

I DID the Grind... on both of them ...

That was a long road...

My reasoning was: why play 80 games in the Freddy and Izu, instead of playing 80 games in GK and Yammy?

[THESO]
Beta Tester
1,834 posts
11,579 battles
2 hours ago, PanVeduci said:

Brawling and secondaries doesnt work in high tiers where the enemy smolensk, yamato and conqueror is nailing you from 20km 

• Cool 7

Beta Tester
3,285 posts
14,063 battles
1 hour ago, DFens_666 said:

Might not be that bad i think. It trades speed for tanking compared to Alsace. But with torps aswell.

... AND hydro.

To be honest it looks quite amazing in terms of pushing power at T9.

[LADA]
Players
544 posts
8,413 battles

It could have been fun - but WG seem to have a pathological desire to suck the fun out of anything that isn't the Rodina's finest. With smaller 15" guns you really need to be able to land shots with some degree of accuracy to make them work. That isn't going to happen with the latest dispersion changes - I'm thinking New Mexico levels of sending shots into space, into the sea, into the next map across, anywhere BUT your aim point.

It'll be good for blapping unwary cruisers but I think it will be frustrating when going toe to toe with another BB that can hit harder, hit more often, and likely have a better chance of controlling the fight due to better speed/concealment. 

• Cool 2