You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Mohammad_S__AbuSafieh

Old Clients

16 comments in this topic

Players
166 posts
6,061 battles

good day all ,

so apparently i actually have every single release of the client since version 0.8.8 and of course its EU client , i got some questions regarding sharing it 

1. is there any need to delete critical files (authorisation files ,password files .....etc)??

2. where can i upload those clients since i'm bit tight on space here??

Capture.thumb.PNG.bef32db514a65f4a153da2d1bbd7bdd4.PNG

[JRM]
Players
6,243 posts
24,096 battles

Well just delete the garbage?

Players
166 posts
6,061 battles
11 hours ago, Yedwy said:

Well just delete the garbage?

i dont know what you mean by that?

also i'm asking where can i upload them for everyone to download and use it?

[JRM]
Players
6,243 posts
24,096 battles

Use it for what? Old versions of WOWS client would serve what purpose again?

Players
318 posts
10,720 battles

you probs cant, its distribution of a protected weegee product

• Cool 1

[SURFA]
Players
34 posts
3,598 battles
2 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

Use it for what? Old versions of WOWS client would serve what purpose again?

I think replays are dependent on version of client.    So if have old replays then need old client to watch them.

• Cool 2

[I-J-N]
Players
4,106 posts
3 hours ago, mdjmcnally said:

I think replays are dependent on version of client.    So if have old replays then need old client to watch them.

Same as in WoT?

[I-J-N]
Players
4,106 posts
47 minutes ago, Mohammad_S__AbuSafieh said:

cant i just upload them to archive.us?

You'd need to ask WG staff about that I think.

Let's try. Help needed with a sticky legal/technical issue please!

@MrConway

[SWB]
Players
3 posts
5,018 battles

Did you find a solution? I need the last version of the game. I was in holidays and have some important replays I can't play. For my youtube chanel...

You would be my good if you can help me out...

[PANEU]
Players
828 posts
Vor 6 Minuten, BebbiFett sagte:

Did you find a solution? I need the last version of the game. I was in holidays and have some important replays I can't play. For my youtube chanel...

Well if you still have the files you could try to upload them on wows replays. If the matches are good enough they will automatically create an video for you. And you can download them I think aswell. Don't know if you can play the downloaded file then tho. 

Players
1,140 posts
18,226 battles
9 hours ago, BebbiFett said:

If it's a very recent version, from some patches ago the game puts their respective executables in subfolders within the /bin directory. I haven't tried running a replay with them save from the current version at that time, but AFAIK they should work (can't check it out ATM).

A while ago I recorded an old replay someone was fond of. I've got all clients from 0.6.3 onwards, and a few earlier ones. Fortunately disk space isn't that much of an issue to me. Spanish l10n though, so if I were asked to do the same by a non-Spanish speaker I'd need the proper locales.

Salute.

[SWB]
Players
3 posts
5,018 battles
Vor 14 Stunden, Aixin sagte:

Well if you still have the files you could try to upload them on wows replays. If the matches are good enough they will automatically create an video for you. And you can download them I think aswell. Don't know if you can play the downloaded file then tho.  

Thx for that but it misses the play the replay button. BUT look what Estaca_de_Bares told up there!!! Yes you have the older version in the bin folder<3<3<3<3<3 love u!

So watch my videos on youtube: may the wind be with you world of warships. you probably, but just probably gonna like them....

• Cool 1

[PANEU]
Players
828 posts
Vor 2 Stunden, BebbiFett sagte:

Thx for that but it misses the play the replay button. BUT look what Estaca_de_Bares told up there!!! Yes you have the older version in the bin folder<3<3<3<3<3 love u!

So watch my videos on youtube: may the wind be with you world of warships. you probably, but just probably gonna like them....

I liked your vid but I don't think that it's apreaciated to make advertisement here on the forum (some people don't like it) I am glad that I got to see it tho. 

• Cool 1

[SWB]
Players
3 posts
5,018 battles
Am 8.9.2020 um 19:21, Aixin sagte:

I liked your vid but I don't think that it's apreaciated to make advertisement here on the forum (some people don't like it) I am glad that I got to see it tho. 

Ok sorry didn't thought about that!!! Thx for that.