You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
AnIolairGhorm

An Iolair Ghorm (The Blue Eagle): NA CC YouTube Channel with WoWs Guidance, News, Reviews & Replays

58 comments in this topic

Players
51 posts
78 battles

Greetings Fellow World of Warships Commanders!

My name is Iolair, and I’m the host of a YouTube channel featuring educational and entertaining content about WoWs.  I’ve been an active player of the game since August 2016 with the experience of nearly 15K random battles.

I opened my channel in March 2018 which now has more than 250 videos.  I feature content with guidance and education, news and information, reviews of ships, and commentated replays which highlight instructive and entertaining gameplay.  Many replays are provided by fellow players like yourselves from the NA, EU, and SEA servers.

I invite you to stop by my channel and review what it has to offer.  I’ve included here a playlist of sample content, featuring the channel trailer, news from the WoWs Development Blog, a ship review, guidance for secondary builds, a GK funtage, a channel update, plus a few replays, including a multi-perspective “division” replay with a nail-biting ending.

Thanks much for your consideration!

I hope to see you out there on the virtual seas, and I wish you happy sailing!

—Iolair
(a.k.a., An Iolair Ghorm, “The Blue Eagle” in Scots Gaelic)

Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIBGWHC8KiYDAVownJaZCoQ
Sample Videos https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5-8bdoZQUN1vU24SFRnFycpUjNwr7DD7

• Cool 2

Players
574 posts

I started subscribing to his channel a couple of weeks ago, Very Informative and Very Enjoyable Content, Take a Look folks,, David R

• Cool 1

Players
51 posts
78 battles
5 hours ago, motor_g_b said:

I started subscribing to his channel a couple of weeks ago, Very Informative and Very Enjoyable Content, Take a Look folks,, David R

Thanks, @motor_g_b, much appreciated!

Players
51 posts
78 battles

Hey Folks,

Here's a video walk-though of the German Carriers: Part 2 article posted to the WoWs website on Monday.

Iolair

Beta Tester
24 posts
9,161 battles

Greetings AnIolairGhorm!

Long time follower of The Blue Eagle which makes it sound like im hunting a very rare animal but hey! Loving the videos as normal. These information videos about the upcoming patches are really helping me direct my Saltiness against WG choices :cap_hmm:.

Im also sure your better looking than Dasha!! This has still to be confirmed folks! :cap_look:

In summary great videos created and produced to a high standard. Whats not to like?

• Funny 1

Players
51 posts
78 battles
It's time to review and offer first impressions of the newly arrived premium tier-IX German battleship, the Pommern. I hope you enjoy!

Players
51 posts
78 battles

WG has rolled out the Developer Bulletin for World of Warships Update 0.9.8 as well as announcing the first round of public testing of 0.9.8.  Here's a review and overview of the two articles.  I hope you enjoy and find useful!

[SPWAR]
Beta Tester, Players
1,081 posts
13,404 battles

How should I spell Iolair as a english native speaker? Yo-Laier, I-O-Lair, LoLayer, LOL-Air, I-o-L-air?

Players
51 posts
78 battles
3 minutes ago, Kloetensuppe said:

How should I spell Iolair as a english native speaker? Yo-Laier, I-O-Lair, LoLayer, LOL-Air, I-o-L-air?

Same as what I've provided: "Iolair" with a leading capital "i" (not a leading lowercase "L").

[SPWAR]
Beta Tester, Players
1,081 posts
13,404 battles
3 minutes ago, AnIolairGhorm said:

Same as what I've provided: "Iolair" with a leading capital "i" (not a leading lowercase "L").

I will just call you LowAir because I dont know what leading capital i means without to hear you. :cap_like:

Players
51 posts
78 battles
17 hours ago, Kloetensuppe said:

I will just call you LowAir because I dont know what leading capital i means without to hear you. :cap_like:

OK, I see now: you want to understand the pronunciation (you asked about the spelling).  The pronunciation is (using English spelling rules) is ""EEə-lar".  You can also hear a pronunciation of the name here from someone who speaks Scots Gaelic: https://forvo.com/word/iolair/

Players
51 posts
78 battles

WG announced changes they are working on for submarines.  Content available on the WoWs Development Blog.

Beta Tester
24 posts
9,161 battles

I tried alot of the Sub mode when it was out. I really enjoyed it with a friend in 2 DD div. My T-61 loved hunting the subs.I found a great tactic was to go straight for them if isolated and around 1km out hit it in the reverse and depth charge away. Mostly this was enough to kill them. Im randoms i have no idea what subs would do. Prob along same lines as CV's. If its a great p[layer then there not much you can do. At least Subs would have the OP spotting as a CV.

A stand alone PvE Sub game mode would be fun. Like the old op Dynamo but just with subs?

Great video as always:cap_horn:

• Cool 1

Players
51 posts
78 battles
How on Earth do you earn a Kraken Unleashed with only four kills listed on the leaderboard? Find out how while enjoying a good demonstration of buffed German battleship accuracy in the Gneisenau.

Players
51 posts
78 battles
Some important changes to ships currently in testing during 0.9.7, including the upcoming new USN tech-tree battleships, the Anchorage, and other ships. I hope you find the information useful!

Players
51 posts
78 battles
WG has announced testing of some concepts for AA and detectability by air in @WorldofWarships. These changes are not yet final, but WG is aiming to keep the community informed of ideas and directions. I hope you find useful!

Players
51 posts
78 battles

Mephiztopheleze brings the Udaloi ("bold" in Russian) to a domination match on Two Brothers.  Will this player's execution live up to the namesake of the ship?

Players
51 posts
78 battles

Question to the community: do you find you play cruisers better in random battles when playing solo or in divisions?  This is a matter I've been grappling with over the last few weeks, so wanted to spark some conversation and seek some feedback.

Players
51 posts
78 battles

Stupidly large amount of damage?  Check.  Kill more than half the opposition?  Check.  Might still lose the game because several allies are unengaged?  Double-check.

Players
51 posts
78 battles

Ranked Sprint double feature!  The first featuring the Pommern and the second with the Jean Bart.  No shortage of close combat and questionable gameplay from allies and opponents alike.  I hope you enjoy!

Players
51 posts
78 battles

A new entry in the Frustration 101 series: a challenging match in the tier-X German heavy cruiser, the Hindenburg.  What does it take to keep the team in the game?  I hope you enjoy!

Players
51 posts
78 battles

More changes announced to ships being tested in 0.9.7, including the upcoming USN battleships Kansas, Minnesota, Vermont, and Florida.  I hope you find the information useful!

Players
51 posts
78 battles

New ships announced on the World of Warships Development Blog, including a Japanese battleship, a French battleship, a German destroyer, a British cruiser, and a Commonwealth cruiser.  I hope you find useful!

Players
51 posts
78 battles

Wargaming has announced early information about content and features for World  of Warships Update 0.9.9, including early access to the USN battleship  line split.  I hope you find useful!