NearNihil

Did you know [NOG8S] is recruiting?

7 comments in this topic

[NOG8S]
[NOG8S]
Players
8 posts

It's true!

Jump Drive Appreciation Society [NOG8S] is, in fact, recruiting!

If you've played EVE Online before, the name may ring a bell. We're a smallish group originally from that game, but the corp died there and became a community stretching over multiple games. I'll hasten to add it's not a multigaming clan or some such though. We just play games together and boats happens to be one where we coalesce.

Anyway, boats. The clan brawls piqued our interests and we've had exactly one night where all of our nerds could collectively be online at the same time with the right ships to play proper clan battles. As such, we're looking for cool dudes, dudettes and anything in between to play competitive boats with.

What we offer you:

1. The usual oil-based discounts and income boosts, Naval Battles, divisioning, the works.
  2. People to play boats and laugh with. Other games too if you ask nicely. This isn't limited to EU folks, as we also have people from North- and South America. I can't recall if we have anyone from other continents though.
  3. A chance to play in clan battles. We're sort of new to this as well so don't feel like you shouldn't apply just because you've never tried it before. You can't get experience in something if you don't try it, after all.

What we ask of applicants:

1. Have at least 50% winrate over all PVP matches.
  2. Have at least one T10 ship in your port. Preferably with some games under your belt with her.
  3. Have a working microphone, speak passable English, have Discord, and have some semblance of comms discipline (this means "leaving your microphone open all the time will get you sarcastic comments, so please use push-to-talk or a sensible voice activation level").
  4. Be available in principle during at least one of the four weekly slots of CB. We play on the EU server in the EU timezones. Holidays, occasional schedule hiccups and other disruptions are acceptable, we just ask that you can actually do what we want you to do every once in a while.
  5. Be cool. Don't give love a bad name.

Other things to take into consideration

• There is no activity requirement beyond being willing to play CB every so often. Even if one night doesn't work because we lack the manpower, your effort is appreciated. If the clan ends up full, I'll look to expand the base. Failing that, I'll start at the bottom of the activity list and work my way up.
  • We don't aspire to be the top clan there ever was. Instead, we just want to do a little better each time. Don't expect clan training sessions from the get-go, those may or may not follow later.

Recruitment process

1. Join up on our Discord server: https://discord.gg/bgfafYv (note, due to the way our roles are set up, you may not be able to talk immediately. I'll do my best to fix that when I see you join).
  2. Poke one of our recruiters (Recruiter and up from the list). After ticking the boxes (the list under "What we ask of applicants"), they'll let you know to apply.
  3. From there, welcome to NOG8S!

New folk typically make it just fine through the recruitment process. Please let me know if you have any questions or comments and I'll be happy to respond to them.

[NOG8S]
[NOG8S]
Players
8 posts

"The secret service isn't allowed to yell "Get down!" anymore when the president is about to be attacked.
Now they have to yell "Donald, duck!"."

[NOG8S]
[NOG8S]
Players
8 posts

"My son Luke loves that we named him after a Star Wars character.
My daughter Chewbacca not so much"

[NOG8S]
[NOG8S]
Players
8 posts

"My wife asked me, “Do you think our kids are spoiled?”
I said, “No. I think most of them smell that way.”"

[NOG8S]
[NOG8S]
Players
8 posts

"I’m so bored that I just memorized six pages of the dictionary.
I learned next to nothing."

[NOG8S]
[NOG8S]
Players
8 posts

A horse walks into a bar. The bartender says "You are in here a lot, do you think you have a drinking problem?" The horse says, "I don't think so," then disappears into nothing. This is the point in time when all the philosophy students in the audience begin to giggle, as they are familiar with the philosophical proposition of Cogito ergo sum, or I think, therefore, I am. The classic philosophy put forward by René Descartes.

But to explain the concept aforehand would be putting Descartes before the horse.

[NOG8S]
[NOG8S]
Players
8 posts

I sat down for dinner at a restaurant, and the waiter asked me, “Do you want to hear today’s special?”
I said, “Yes please.”
Waiter: “No problem sir. Today is special.”

Sign in to follow this