Sign in to follow this  
Brickdust_Express

New Install on new PC

15 comments in this topic

Players
24 posts
3,014 battles

New PC just windows 10 installed. Trying to install WOW. 100mps internet, over five and a half hours to download less than 4Gig of the 32+gig installation files. Anybody explain why when original install took about one and a half hours to D/L and install. At this rate will take another 40+hours. (speed is fine on speedtest.net over 102mps in fact)

[SM0KE]
Players
5,421 posts
13,341 battles
57 minutes ago, Brickdust_Express said:

Anybody explain why

You could send customer service a ticket (you might even get a sensible response - weirder stuff has happened).

I'm not a tech, so can't give you an informed response, but WOT is currently in the process of an update; if the two functions share resources, that might explain why WOWS is slow to download?

• Cool 1

Players
24 posts
3,014 battles

Ready to give up with this game now, thing stopped downloading at 23% and would not restart the process. had to reboot the new PC checked all firewall settings ok etc tried to download again and low and behold it started from scratch again. nearly 11 hours now in total and now only 4%. at my age may not live long enough to download and play this on my new PC. So p****d of with this situation. Surely should be able to download this as a separate zip file or torrent even to alleviate this sort of problem.

[BOBS2]
Players
31 posts
3,381 battles

It's possible to copy the folder from your old PC, and then run the launcher to get the current update.
Edit: Today there's an update to 0.9.7, so the servers are busy, but it's 3.3 gigs instead of the full install.

Players
108 posts
900 battles

I can't give a full answer and I'm not a tech, but I have noticed - for me at least - the WG launcher is incredibly slow at downloading and installing (even with "Use all computer resources" turned on)

Steam downloaded it a bit faster - although I'm assuming you made an account from the WG website so you couldn't use the same account on steam.

Microsoft Store downloaded it a LOT faster - again, you can't use an existing account on there.

Maybe it's because servers are busy or something but I've noticed WG launcher is slow for me.

Players
1 post

lol
in you have 100mps internet it's not meant direct to blizzard or wargaming servers

Search Results

Web results

[DEFR]
Players
1,234 posts

Should not be taking that long. I'm download the game again now to install and have around 14mps download rate and it's 92% done so far after 1 hour and 10 minutes downloading.

Players
3 posts
60 battles

why am I having issues installing the wargaming stuff for the WOW system.  I did play tanks did not like it and uninstalled the software.  1 year later i see the warships and would like to try it out.  problem is, the wargaming is refusing to install. something about permissions.

[SPWAR]
Beta Tester, Players
1,081 posts
13,404 battles
On 8/3/2020 at 6:13 PM, Brickdust_Express said:

New PC just windows 10 installed. Trying to install WOW. 100mps internet, over five and a half hours to download less than 4Gig of the 32+gig installation files. Anybody explain why when original install took about one and a half hours to D/L and install. At this rate will take another 40+hours. (speed is fine on speedtest.net over 102mps in fact)

You just have a very bad connection.

[LEGIO]
Players
633 posts
9,433 battles

Hello mate. Seems like your Antivirus block it. Disable antivirus or allow download :) 

Sign in to follow this