You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

Transformers join the battle in World of Warships

75 comments in this topic

[SHAFT]
[SHAFT]
Players
1,052 posts
22,611 battles

Are you guys even serious....

• Cool 3

Beta Tester
47 posts
14,271 battles

Oh why do I really want Gearing as Bumblebee , no idea but I really really do 

• Cool 1

[1701]
Players
78 posts
8,139 battles

American weebs will love this....

Also... What's up with the livestream time? Where I am (UTC+2) It will start at 00:00, there's absolutely no way on earth that I will be able to see the livestream.

But still, it will be entertaining to see the communitys reaction...

[VL-NL]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
97 posts
18,889 battles

as long as it bring in roebels everything is good for wg.Who cares about the playerbase?

• Cool 1

[DK-MK]
Players
243 posts
11,665 battles

This is both ridiculous and awesome at the same time.

I'm excited, looking forward to this.

• Cool 3

WG Staff
3,346 posts
14,075 battles
28 minutes ago, XDMeloniXD said:

American weebs will love this....

Also... What's up with the livestream time? Where I am (UTC+2) It will start at 00:00, there's absolutely no way on earth that I will be able to see the livestream.

But still, it will be entertaining to see the communitys reaction...

It's the stream from the NA office - we will cover these aspects on the EU stream on Thursday, too - but if you want to have the earliest look at it, then tonight it is :)

Greetings, Crysantos

[PIPI_]
Players
168 posts

why do i smell another set of no-effort cash grabs ? Lemme guess ... those "exciting" camos are only available from loot boxes or as a 200$ bundle.....

• Cool 3

Players
40 posts

If we can get them as commanders as well (with a mission chain and not purely as some cash grab) and  if you could get them to be voiced by their original actors a will play as hard as i can to get them!

Players
923 posts
13,097 battles

And then HSF collab for 28 October, no doubt....Such is the future of WOWs.

The Megatron permaflage for Kurfurst looks excellent, but hard pass. 

[ODB]
Alpha Tester
2,963 posts
11,610 battles

This is becoming less about warships and turning into something else entirely. Who's fantasies are we catering for here exactly? I guess in their effort to recruit a wider playerbase they're trying to appeal to those whose interest lie far beyond conventional naval warfare.

• Cool 6

[X-10]
Players
70 posts
3,968 battles

oh god pls no at least not the cartoon version....

• Cool 1

Players
142 posts
6,489 battles

b73ab532-d573-11ea-bbb8-8cdcd4b147d4.thumb.jpg.134e30f3c1bf400fcffc86069aefefd6.jpg

Small AA buff confirmed? also Rangefinder A doesn't have FuMO 23 in game but as it here plz fix-

anyway its event that idc-

Beta Tester
278 posts

And only tier 10 ships.... I hope there will be some for the lower tiers also, and not expendable camos, but perma camos.

[DSNF]
Players
13 posts
9,372 battles
51 minutes ago, Catslave said:

why do i smell another set of no-effort cash grabs ? Lemme guess ... those "exciting" camos are only available from loot boxes or as a 200$ bundle.....

How would you pay the wages of the developers?

What would be your method of generating revenue to keep the servers running?

Some people expect WG to run on air - Give us everything for free while making no money...

As for Transformers - They're not my thing as a mature player so I'll just turn off the cammo's. Simple.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[R3B3L]
Players
869 posts
29,010 battles
1 hour ago, _Capt_Biggles_ said:

... pay the wages of the developers ... generating revenue to keep the servers running

I'll just turn off the cammo's. Simple.

Exactly. Saved me some typing.

I am old enough to remember Transformers and have some sympathy for them, but don´t need them here.

When i can hide the camos i don´t feel bothered as long as it helps financing the game.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
565 posts

I really hope they are not going to offer up some more Copy, Nerf and Paste ships again a bit of effort guys???

• Cool 1

[PIPI_]
Players
168 posts

exactly do they need to pay developers if all they

27 minutes ago, _Capt_Biggles_ said:

How would you pay the wages of the developers?

What would be your method of generating revenue to keep the servers running?

Some people expect WG to run on air - Give us everything for free while making no money...

Nice ...how much did wargaming pay you for that line ?

Why would they need to pay developers when all they do is copy and paste existing stuff ? When the last time they did some serious balancing and developing was like 5years ago ?

Nobody expects them to work for a thanks (not like anyone sane would even consider saying thanks to them at this point), but at the very least we can expect sane prices for a visible amount of effort on their part. This collab is completely uninspired (after 2 or 3 Arpeggio and 3 Azur Lane and 1 Warhammer 40k.... the 3rd cheap camo on existing ships collab this year alone) literally with zero effort involved (just slap the collab scheme on an existing ship).

Now looking at the current Azur lol Collab we can probably expect something like $30 for a camo that is just a Transformer motiv slapped on an existing ship, granting exactly the same benefits as all the other existing perma camos .... or a bundle with all 4 camos and some random junk (like an optimus prime face flag, 500k credits ....) for a meager $140. I'd guess a single art student can get this done in a single day for something like $10 per hour.

The space camo at least had interesting full designs (made by wg) and new sounds, the kobayashi and nation camo unique benefits ... but these collab events have literally nothing, even the actual design is not made by wargaming, but rather copied from the collab partner and just resized to fit the ships...

• Cool 3
  • Bad 1

[PIPI_]
Players
168 posts
1 hour ago, CallicoJackRackham said:

If we can get them as commanders as well (with a mission chain and not purely as some cash grab) and  if you could get them to be voiced by their original actors a will play as hard as i can to get them!

the original actors would likely cost decent amounts of money, adding the issue that the transformers are voiced by different ppl in different nations and Hasbro does NOT hold full copyright to those. So that is unlikely to happen.

Also who is the "original" actors ? The original was some time in the 80's ... not sure how many of those are even alive now.

Even assuming the latest movies and only the english cast ... all of them would need to be available (and willing) on relatively short notice, not including that western voice actors (other then asian) are paid an acceptable amount. Not including that i am not even sure if wargaming is even capable of doing recordings outside of St. Petersburg...

Players
1,693 posts
7,321 battles

I expect no big franchise ist safe now.

What about a wows X World of warcraft  collab, join the alliance ( with blue golden  allied ships) or the horde (black red russians, germans and japanese ) with jaina proudmoore (aka elsa 2.0), genn greymane, tyrande whisperwind, Thrall, Sylvanas as captains

Fun fact: jaina would fit because she is Lord admiral and had even a ship

060946415d48d7cd22b02015ead4c96e.jpg

Edited by Fesco94