You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

German Carriers: Part 2

36 comments in this topic

[-GG-]
Players
329 posts
18,695 battles

Cant wait for tier IX BB with 274m dispersion and 1,5 sigma :cap_fainting:

Will it have a German voiceover for "We missed a full broadside Yamato at 8 km" ? 

• Cool 5
  • Funny 8

Players
710 posts

So we just need the one collection container to get the collection started, then we can make it active to collect the rest from daily crates? Also, there are two types of German crate, one of which gives either a ship, 5k FXP, a day's premium or three whole temp camos or signal flags? I suppose they had to work the RNG-frustration in there somewhere...

• Funny 1

[STURM]
[STURM]
Beta Tester
42 posts
13,024 battles

Who knows, maybe WG surprises us with a last minute buff instead of the usual last minute nerf ... :cap_like:

• Funny 3

[COIN]
Players
6 posts
3,481 battles
34 minutes ago, Wischmob_von_Eimer said:

Hahahaha ... Is there actually a single thing in this event that you can earn without RNG involved?

The camo for the Pommern, collection items...? 

• Funny 1

[HART]
[HART]
Players
6 posts

If it's anything like German Carriers 1 and the Russian Cruisers event, it will prove to be just another frustrating RNG dependant Joke.:etc_swear:

• Cool 2

[R3B3L]
Players
869 posts
29,010 battles
1 hour ago, medicdragon said:

frustrating

Don´t bother, just play what you feel like playing.

If you by accident discover a new ship in your port - congrats :fish_aqua:

• Cool 6

[AXIS]
Players
725 posts
14,050 battles
2 hours ago, Wischmob_von_Eimer said:

Hahahaha ... Is there actually a single thing in this event that you can earn without RNG involved?

YES!!

you can buy pommern with coal

check mate, atheist!

edit: oh wait, you said "earn". nevermind :D

• Funny 1

Players
3,118 posts
4,738 battles

Kriegsmarine Premium containers

This is an impressive loot table for new Premium crates.

I bet one will be 10€ or so.

577b3a7e-d2b0-11ea-afc0-8cdcd4b147d4_120

Players
1,161 posts
15,139 battles
Vor 3 Stunden, Wischmob_von_Eimer sagte:

Yes, the greatest price... 

.... A iron cross (the Kaiser is strong in you) permanent camouflage for a ship that... 

1. You either need to spend coal on to get it, or real cash for gambling/Premium crates unless... 

2. You get lucky and get it out of one of the five free crates 

3. In either case doesn't really need the camo anyway. 

WG Marketing team calls that a win win situation, I'm not saying what I would call it to prevent myself from violating the board rules. :Smile_trollface:

Players
3,118 posts
4,738 battles
1 hour ago, svadilfari said:

check mate, atheist!

Really?

And btw no one will buy Pommern, exept maybe hardcore collectors of Premium ships who already have all resource ships. Because no one sane will pay 200k+ Coal for a ship with 1.5 sigma.

[TORPZ]
[TORPZ]
Beta Tester
157 posts
18,284 battles
34 minutes ago, Hades_warrior said:

Really?

And btw no one will buy Pommern, exept maybe hardcore collectors of Premium ships who already have all resource ships. Because no one sane will pay 200k+ Coal for a ship with 1.5 sigma.

I mean it has better dispersion and durability than Alsace, which is already helluva strong in tier 9. But yeah, better to promote power creep and cry about a meaningless parameter.

• Funny 1

Players
3,118 posts
4,738 battles
10 minutes ago, ScarecrowCZ said:

I mean it has better dispersion and durability than Alsace, which is already helluva strong in tier 9. But yeah, better to promote power creep and cry about a meaningless parameter.

I dont know what is exact sigma of Alsace but im sure that even this nerfed Alsace is not that bad as nerfed Pommern. Sigma 1.5 is just.... you know.

Powercreeps are not good either but this scenario is really bucket of crap who no one will pay for.

Did you play Pommern already so you can claim he will be better than Alsace?

• Cool 1

[_KAP_]
Players
188 posts
21,597 battles
11 minutes ago, ScarecrowCZ said:

and cry about a meaningless parameter.

Meaningless you say?

Well ... we all know how Weegee handles german ships, so ... nope!

Even if someone would bestow Pommern upon me, I would sell her right away! Period.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[AXIS]
Players
725 posts
14,050 battles
51 minutes ago, Hades_warrior said:

Really?

apparently you dont get the reference. google it

i will definately buy the pommes frittes, probably not a good ship, but a fun one

Players
3,118 posts
4,738 battles
4 minutes ago, svadilfari said:

apparently you dont get the reference. google it

i will definately buy the pommes frittes, probably not a good ship, but a fun one

What is the point of buying crap ship and how can that ship be ''fun one''? IMO that purchase is - bad purchase. But you will see soon when this ship comes into battles.

btw what you ment by meaningless parameter? Sigma? That parameter is opposite from ''meaningless'' I would say.

• Boring 1

[TORPZ]
[TORPZ]
Beta Tester
157 posts
18,284 battles
1 hour ago, Captain_82 said:

Meaningless you say?

Well ... we all know how Weegee handles german ships, so ... nope!

Even if someone would bestow Pommern upon me, I would sell her right away! Period.

We all know how Alsace performed with 1.7, we all know Bourg is T10 material with 1.9 and you sure do remember how broken Giulio Cesare was with cruiser dispersion and 1.5 sigma.

But sure, tell us how WG handled Mainz, T61 and Odin. 

As for you selling premium - that's your problem.

1 hour ago, Hades_warrior said:

I dont know what is exact sigma of Alsace but im sure that even this nerfed Alsace is not that bad as nerfed Pommern. Sigma 1.5 is just.... you know.

Powercreeps are not good either but this scenario is really bucket of crap who no one will pay for.

Did you play Pommern already so you can claim he will be better than Alsace?

I played both FDG and Alsace both pre and post buffs and I would kill for FDG hull with 12 bisco guns. And let's be real here - if Alsace overperformed with 1.7 and had to have both reload and sigma nerfed with *worse dispersion pattern*, Pommern would outright powercreep it with its sturdy hull. 

• Cool 1

Players
923 posts
13,097 battles

I'm sure LWM will have better data available on the dispersion at range curve and the ellipsis shape. I'm not too worried yet about the sigma taken out of context. 

• Cool 1

Players
3,118 posts
4,738 battles
22 minutes ago, ScarecrowCZ said:

We all know how Alsace performed with 1.7, we all know Bourg is T10 material with 1.9 and you sure do remember how broken Giulio Cesare was with cruiser dispersion and 1.5 sigma.

But sure, tell us how WG handled Mainz, T61 and Odin. 

As for you selling premium - that's your problem.

I played both FDG and Alsace both pre and post buffs and I would kill for FDG hull with 12 bisco guns. And let's be real here - if Alsace overperformed with 1.7 and had to have both reload and sigma nerfed with *worse dispersion pattern*, Pommern would outright powercreep it with its sturdy hull. 

I played also pre and after nerf. And I disagree with you.

Move on.

[RONIN]
Players
204 posts
2,698 battles

what is with wargaming and 380mm guns for Germans...

Players
246 posts
3 hours ago, ScarecrowCZ said:

You are trading gun caliber for mid-range torpedoes, in essence a T9 Tirpiz with worst sigma in a FdG hull.

Does that in any way sounds interesting?

[TORPZ]
[TORPZ]
Beta Tester
157 posts
18,284 battles
11 hours ago, Hades_warrior said:

What is the point of buying crap ship and how can that ship be ''fun one''? IMO that purchase is - bad purchase. But you will see soon when this ship comes into battles.

btw what you ment by meaningless parameter? Sigma? That parameter is opposite from ''meaningless'' I would say.

Let's be honest here - if you think French/Italian BB dispersion with 1.6 sigma is more accurate than USN dispersion with 1.5 sigma, you shouldn't be listened to in the first place. Even the best players would struggle to notice 0.1 sigma difference on ships with the same dispersion (compare patterns of Kii (1.7), Amagi (1.8), Ignis/Ragnarok (1.9) and Nagato (2.0) - you will prolly safely identify the outlines, but 0.1 steps will be guesswork). And let's not forget the first test iteration of Giulio Cesare was broken with 1.5 sigma.

As for buying the crap ships - Playerbase decried Hood to be utter trash tier (lost about 50 karma for daring to play her - and ranking out - in t7 ranked) yet it pretty much completely counters things like Sinop. Playerbase decried Agir to be utter trash tier - yet it performs decently. Playerbase decried Alsace to be trash tier because "lol, no overmatch, bad dispersion" - cue her running rampant until the nerf and it is still valid pick. Playerbase decried Odin to be trash tier  - yet it performs decently both in ranked and in randoms. See the pattern there?

6 hours ago, WWDragon said:

You are trading gun caliber for mid-range torpedoes, in essence a T9 Tirpiz with worst sigma in a FdG hull.

Does that in any way sounds interesting?

Yes?

[FAILS]
Players
515 posts
19,288 battles

The way I see it: Just don't bother with trying to aim for specific directives. Instead, play normally and then at the end see what you got out of it. Saves you a lot of nerves.

• Cool 1

[AOBA]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
156 posts
12,340 battles

@Crysantos

Regarding Kriegsmarine-Containers:

What happens if one already has Mainz, Z39 and Hipper?

Can one pick them again from the Boxes?

Does one get any kind of compensation if such thing happens?

• Cool 1