You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Pappus

The KM CV line is not too bad for research farming if you get all the camos from the current event

27 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
300 posts
5,819 battles

Every ship you get into early access comes with the iron cross camo if you finish it. Grants the usual and 50% more xp. However that means you have an entire line with camo.

Basically allowing you to have a goto reset line with a full set of camo. Parseval is also good performing so it should be smooth.

Maybe interesting for some that just get into research point farming like me.

[CATS]
Players
26,078 posts
14,090 battles

When you have hundreds of 50%+ consumable camos with other benefits, it does not really matter.

And as far as I know, CV give less research points.

• Cool 4

[THESO]
Beta Tester
1,823 posts
11,532 battles
2 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

When you have hundreds of 50%+ consumable camos with other benefits, it does not really matter.

I still have 200+ ranked and various halloween camos, because they are crap (although better than a permacamo) 

[COMFY]
Players
234 posts
2,500 battles

ITs nOT aLl ToO bAd If yoU paY a LOT Of cASH

where have i seen this scheme before :Smile_facepalm:

Beta Tester
300 posts
5,819 battles
3 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

They do because they need less XP. Apparently it takes 20% less xp to finish a cv line so it gives 20% less research points.

[BHSFL]
Players
3,373 posts

You first need to get those ships before you can complete the camo missions. Which means you are forced into the gamble box buying thing. Gambling is against my principles because it usually wastes money without getting what you want. And in this case spending more money then it is worth before getitng what you want.:Smile_sceptic:

If the ships are enjoyable i will no doubt at some point purchase generic premium camo's for them. Which will arguably be much cheaper then throwing a lot of money on unsure outcome gamble boxes.

Players
3,291 posts
14,054 battles
49 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

Which means you are forced into the gamble box buying thing.

You can get them form free drops. Stop lying.

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1

Players
3 posts
2,472 battles
14 minutes ago, Bear__Necessities said:

You can get them form free drops. Stop lying.

How? did you get them? I played all the directives, got almost all the free boxes, but not a single one did have the cv, or cv mission. Got lots of flags and camos but no cv. (sorry for the bad English)

Players
3,291 posts
14,054 battles
Just now, Master__unconquerable said:

How? did you get them? I played all the directives, got almost all the free boxes, but not a single one did have the cv, or cv mission. Got lots of flags and camos but no cv. (sorry for the bad English)

Got all mine from the free containers doing missions. It's RNG fest but remember, they are all going to be silver line ships so no need to spend money. Consider getting 1 just a brucy bonus. 

Players
552 posts
3,443 battles

I got the tier 4 from one the last few free containers and I will finish out it's base xp mission today for it's perma-camo BUT, it was really the T6 I was after for Ops and the T4 won't really ever see use most likely plus it's tiering tends to be too low to satisfy most directive and other missions that come down the road at us... also I don't really like it from the few battle I've played with it. Possibly that's because I need to learn to play it's different weapon attributes style that are different to the classic CV offerings. It ain't no Hosho but the dive bombers that crack BB citadels have some potential.

Players
552 posts
3,443 battles
17 minutes ago, Master__unconquerable said:

I got it from the very last bunch of free containers after completing the 4th directive. I thought it wasn't possible either. Turns out even the T6 CV wasn't too uncommon for some players I've been speaking to on discord.(and that's the one I wanted!!)). Thing is though I can definitely get over it and say that thus far it's not really that fun to play, the other CV nations are better(I dare say) and while it offers an interesting alternative playstyle and I understand what WG devs did in an effort to avoid adding just another same sort of CV, it's actually not something I would see myself playing much and I dare say this would be the feeling of most players that have some experience playing CV's.

Of course, these CV's are probably different at different tiers which I don't have yet so I can't yet say if they become more fun or even less fun and/or more or less effective compared to their other nation alternatives plus I think players need to get used to and learn their new playstyle offering before judging them and just saying they're bad when it hasn't been properly played by those same players. 

I doubt the T6 would take me away from the Ark Royal or the Ryujo when playing Ops so I can get over it and in any case it's going to be a tech tree I can pick up at some stage regardless. The only bumber is the missed perma-camo but like I said since I doubt I would play it much I don't really care tbh.

Fuwcbmq.jpg

[KAKE]
Players
2,519 posts
5,948 battles

I got the Rhein, and that's it.

Ok, it's theoretically possible that I can get two more containers if I can be arsed to play any more the next couple of days, but tbh I doubt it.

[-LA-]
Players
658 posts
4,765 battles

well i went back to swim in the sea and got harpooned on this event being a cv main, got all 4 camos and one for the GK. but for me the big problem with using the KM CV line as a research b*tch is well having to play the KM cv's, there just too reliant on RNG and the other guy beng asleep. i ind them frustrating to play. please note im not calling htem weak just too random

Players
265 posts
4,993 battles

I got the Rhein and the Weser, got the camo for the latter, didn't bother with the former's camouflage. The tier 8 did not drop, though, so I can't get the camo either. Unless I spend money, I guess. I am strictly free-to-play, though, so...

• Cool 1

Players
552 posts
3,443 battles
6 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

For some, it's more a case of aesthetics than the attached bonuses. Having unique collectible camo's, some with 3D attachment(Which I guess would make it a skin?) has a certain appeal. For me it's not the sort of appeal that would have me spending money on a ship I most likely won't play much but to others maybe it is and certainly if I can unlock it for free by completing some missions which I enjoy anyway then I'll go and get it where possible.

Big giant Iron Cross and black/red camo scheme.

bELVbp8.jpg

Swedish coat of arms sort of thing on both sides and on the stern with a unique camo pattern and color scheme.

hmRvAl1.jpg

Russian VE day celebratory camo and color scheme.

K6U4odT.jpg

Camo's, flags, skins... if these are things I can pick up for free by winning them from containers or playing ranked battles or whatever, I will, and I don't care what bonuses, if any, the camo's give.

Players
341 posts
2,097 battles
1 hour ago, Sir_Sinksalot said:

For some, it's more a case of aesthetics than the attached bonuses. Having unique collectible camo's, some with 3D attachment(Which I guess would make it a skin?) has a certain appeal. For me it's not the sort of appeal that would have me spending money on a ship I most likely won't play much but to others maybe it is and certainly if I can unlock it for free by completing some missions which I enjoy anyway then I'll go and get it where possible.

Big giant Iron Cross and black/red camo scheme.

bELVbp8.jpg

Swedish coat of arms sort of thing on both sides and on the stern with a unique camo pattern and color scheme.

hmRvAl1.jpg

Russian VE day celebratory camo and color scheme.

K6U4odT.jpg

Camo's, flags, skins... if these are things I can pick up for free by winning them from containers or playing ranked battles or whatever, I will, and I don't care what bonuses, if any, the camo's give.

I wouldn't be too heart broken about not getting the Permaflage for the Wesser. Besides her being mediocre as a CV for Ops purposes (her rocket planes HATE islands and Ops are full of Islands while her Torpedo bombers might as well not exist) the permaflage is borked on the tier 6 - 8 and 10 hulls..

image.thumb.png.0882016824eb753bb58ff454222a4e82.png

image.thumb.png.8a51ba65c85861758df17165a87a6e46.png

The deck stripe doesn't run the full deck which IMO looks really.... well... shoddy.

Especially when the Rhein's does which makes me suspect it was a last minute rush job for the higher tier CV's.

image.thumb.png.2e45a64b256c2660516931a68adbbb0a.png

image.thumb.png.07ec4d2405790f7778da8469d7447c1f.png

That and the tier 8 has clipping issues with its planes (facepalm)

image.thumb.png.9ae4337856bdad7451164570113ad443.png

• Cool 1

Players
552 posts
3,443 battles
2 hours ago, DeviousDave02 said:

I wouldn't be too heart broken about not getting the Permaflage for the Wesser. Besides her being mediocre as a CV for Ops purposes (her rocket planes HATE islands and Ops are full of Islands while her Torpedo bombers might as well not exist) the permaflage is borked on the tier 6 - 8 and 10 hulls..

Oh I'm not even slightly bothered about that and even though I'll pick up the Wesser when it becomes available to the tech tree I doubt I'll play it much in Ops. As it turns out I think the one I got, the Rhein, is the best looking of the 4 German CV's and actually looks like it was purpose built as a CV whereas the other 3 look more ships that were CV conversions from another previously existing ship with the obvious lines where a flight deck casemate was grafted onto the hull of a ship along with that ugly bow where the flight deck doesn't come all the way to the end and stops short etc but with the Rhein, it's a much more aesthetically pleasing ship like the Ark Royal or some U.S. CV's that were purpose built and are visually just a nice flowing clean-cut unit.

If it wasn't for the bonuses I'd play the Rhein without any camo tbh since like most ships it looks much nicer

4nQxGgA.jpg

Whereas the perma-camo makes it looks like some doomsday spaceship from Star Wars or something lol. All that's missing is Darth Vader standing in the bridge with his arms folded. :Smile_veryhappy:

J4D66Ye.jpgDarth_Vader.jpg

• Cool 1

[UKGB]
Players
520 posts
2,517 battles

Honestly I got the T4 in a crate after having done every mission and regret taking it out for 5 battles because
- I found out there's no way to actually get a perma camo without spending 7500 doubloons.
- My stats will forever show I ruined 5 random matches in my first and last 5 CV games.

- I wasted 75 minutes of my life, 5X5 because T4 queue in a CV is 5 mins plus 5X10 because I was bored dropping rockets on ships that are entirely helpless to what I'm doing.
I don't mind the event, it's just I wish I ignored it entirely because I didn't like it. My fault for not reading everything beforehand.

[BHSFL]
Players
3,373 posts
17 minutes ago, NikolayKuznetsov said:

- My stats will forever show I ruined 5 random matches in my first and last 5 CV games.

Imagine now....:Smile_sceptic:

You sound like an addict to stats there.....do you even enjoy the game ?? I mean it is a game....

[UKGB]
Players
520 posts
2,517 battles
Just now, Beastofwar said:

You sound like a slave to stats.....do you even enjoy the game ??

I'm not, my stats are bad but improving fast & daily, yours are hidden so presumably they are horrible and have been for thousands (tens of thousands?) of battles - And yes I do enjoy the game. I'm just not proud of the fact that I ruined 5 perfectly fine T4 games in the Rhein. I'm sure those people wished they had a CV player who actually knew how to fly planes.

[UKGB]
Players
520 posts
2,517 battles

I didn't reroll and kill bots in T4 to get my stats up, I didn't hide my stats because they are sad, mine are out there because they are perfectly normal, improving slowly, 500 potato games, 500 below average games, 500 average games etc.

Statss.jpg

Your comment was intellectually on the same level as last week when you proposed banning people for dodging torpedoes - because dodging torpedoes is abusing game mechanics. As if people have a moral obligation to eat your torpedoes to make you happy. Actually impressive how you manage to single handedly dumb down the level of discourse on this forum.

[BHSFL]
Players
3,373 posts
16 minutes ago, NikolayKuznetsov said:

I'm not, my stats are bad but improving fast & daily, yours are hidden so presumably they are horrible and have been for thousands (tens of thousands?) of battles - And yes I do enjoy the game. I'm just not proud of the fact that I ruined 5 perfectly fine T4 games in the Rhein. I'm sure those people wished they had a CV player who actually knew how to fly planes.

Yes you are right that stats that settled over a long period will only very slowly improve while ones skills can be dramaticly increased meanwhile. That is exactly why mine are non public.

But very soon i may lift that....i have advanced far enough to not be able to be stat shamed....but i expect bickering that it is not high enough to "oppose the opinion of a 80 % WR." And such idiocracy still irritates me. It may not even be adressed how they got to such numbers....

But stats  with "low sample size" can rise quick but indeed can fall quick too......double edged sword that.

[UKGB]
Players
520 posts
2,517 battles
3 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

But very soon i may lift that

Nobody cares, they're hidden because they're trash and that's fine, you can do that, just don't mention them if they're so bad and have been for so long you have to hide them. It's like wearing a wig because you're bald and going out of your way to laugh at people with hair loss.

[BHSFL]
Players
3,373 posts
2 minutes ago, NikolayKuznetsov said:

Nobody cares, they're hidden because they're trash and that's fine, you can do that, just don't mention them if they're so bad and have been for so long you have to hide them. It's like wearing a wig because you're bald and going out of your way to laugh at people with hair loss.

Luckily all may have an opinion. :Smile_teethhappy:

But i will look for you on the battlefield now so you attracted the special attention of a CV or DD :Smile_teethhappy::Smile_teethhappy: