Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
DanielCI58

What to spend 35k Doubloons on ?

43 comments in this topic

Players
4 posts
291 battles

I just got 35k from the 200% coupon and no idea whats worth buying.

I have been a free player till the previous purchase , japanese tier 6.

[-HUN-]
[-HUN-]
Players
1,083 posts
10,040 battles
6 minutes ago, DanielCI58 said:

If I want to be honest the worthiest buy is the Premium time. Nothing else. Ships are changed all the time via the meta.

There are plenty of things you can collect by playing and collecting resources.

• Cool 6
  • Bad 2

[GJE]
Players
195 posts
3,242 battles

Can you give more details? What do you like to play? What lines and nationality? 

• Cool 1

Players
4 posts
291 battles
1 minute ago, Humorpalanta said:

If I want to be honest the worthiest buy is the Premium time. Nothing else. Ships are changed all the time via the meta.

There are plenty of things you can collect by playing and collecting resources.

I got a free month so far from collecting comeback promos. Have like another 35 days if im not mistaken.

Just now, dommo77 said:

Can you give more details? What do you like to play? What lines and nationality? 

Been playing japanese ships since the start mostly battleships till tier 6 and almost 7 now and some cruisers , had some good fun with cruisers but aint sure how good are in higher ranks.

[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
6,269 posts
24,133 battles

If you play a lot and regurarly premium time might be a good investement, if you dont you might get yourself a prem ship T7-8 through armory using the 25% coupon and keep the rest until next cupon is at hand, maybe buy few days of prem hwre and there if you know you will make use of it...

Atago is stil decent

• Cool 2

Players
4 posts
291 battles
1 minute ago, Yedwy said:

If you play a lot and regurarly premium time might be a good investement, if you dont you might get yourself a prem ship T7-8 through armory using the 25% coupon and keep the rest until next cupon is at hand, maybe buy few days of prem hwre and there if you know you will make use of it...

Atago is stil decent

Right now I have another x2 30% discount coupons that im probably not gone use.

[PISH]
Players
370 posts
3,065 battles

Get your self a premium ship you like, if you like a silver ship and will keep it get it perma camo and finally premium timeand or free xp.

• Cool 1

[GJE]
Players
195 posts
3,242 battles

If you like Japanese BBs than maybe Mutsu, from Japanese premiums I have only Yubari (great, but only IV tier, no good for everyday missions if you care to collect), Yahagi (love the ship - real one - but WG did her no favours, avoid).

From BBs - but I don't have any - you can buy Ishizushi, Mutsu and Ashitaka, if you have no experience in higher tiers I would pick Mutsu (but I don't have it), surly others will guide you better :) And remind you not to rush to higher tiers ;)))

• Cool 1

[PISH]
Players
370 posts
3,065 battles

Ishizushi ia rather nice actually. Far better then the tech tree counterpart in my opinion.

• Cool 3

Players
4 posts
291 battles
1 minute ago, Bratoev said:

Get your self a premium ship you like, if you like a silver ship and will keep it get it perma camo and finally premium timeand or free xp.

Aint sure about what ship to buy actually Im looking reviews right now.

1 minute ago, dommo77 said:

If you like Japanese BBs than maybe Mutsu, from Japanese premiums I have only Yubari (great, but only IV tier, no good for everyday missions if you care to collect), Yahagi (love the ship - real one - but WG did her no favours, avoid).

From BBs - but I don't have any - you can buy Ishizushi, Mutsu and Ashitaka, if you have no experience in higher tiers I would pick Mutsu (but I don't have it), surly others will guide you better :) And remind you not to rush to higher tiers ;)))

I will keep it slowly I actually had fun playing without premiums ships so far so im not really in a hurry to jump high.

• Cool 1

[UA-NF]
Players
319 posts
5,974 battles
Vor 9 Minuten, Humorpalanta sagte:

Ships are changed all the time via the meta.

not true at all. One can easily get 300-500 games in ship playing her once a day, before meta changes. I bought Atago half a year ago, and it's still a strong as ever, and it's very old premium. Tirpitz still doing well. And most of top premiums from year 2019 remain top in 2020.

[-HUN-]
[-HUN-]
Players
1,083 posts
10,040 battles
1 minute ago, DanielCI58 said:

I will keep it slowly I actually had fun playing without premiums ships so far so im not really in a hurry to jump high.

It seems that the Dockyard is staying with us and the form is going to be the following:

Play and collect stuff until last two stages. Pay gold for the ship. So I would say that keep what you have and play and if you like the ship that can be built via the Dockyard you can always invest.

• Cool 2

[GJE]
Players
195 posts
3,242 battles
2 minutes ago, DanielCI58 said:

Buy ishizuchi or Mutsu, not very expensive, and dubloons will not expire, there's a lot of things along the way you will want to buy :) 

• Cool 1

[PISH]
Players
370 posts
3,065 battles
1 minute ago, DanielCI58 said:

Well for premium ships first get something that fits the line so you can train a captain. Then consider getting something you like the look of. And finally if you get a chance try it out on the test server, if not watch replays with ot to see if the playstyle fits.

• Cool 1

[GJE]
Players
195 posts
3,242 battles
1 minute ago, Bratoev said:

Well for premium ships first get something that fits the line so you can train a captain. 

That's a sound advice, you can put your captain on premium without retraining, so it makes sense to buy Japanese premium  BB - you will get a decent cap earlier.

[RODS]
Players
1,224 posts
7,214 battles
12 minutes ago, Bratoev said:

Ishizushi ia rather nice actually. Far better then the tech tree counterpart in my opinion.

Yeah its a gem

Players
9,818 posts
11,519 battles
38 minutes ago, DanielCI58 said:

For now? Premium account. Not necessarily year, but start with month and then see what you will need down the line.

Also to see where your preference of ships will lie, as there is little reason recommending BB when you don't like their gameplay.

Oh and don't forget about coupon in the armory when buying ship

[SHAD]
Players
2,459 posts
11,026 battles

Premium time is half price every Christmas so please wait for that. Other than that I would buy one premium ship every 6 months utilising the coupon.

• Cool 2

[O-R-P]
Players
2,177 posts
20,346 battles

Maybe unpopular opinion but if you have 35k dubloons then save them, you do not need to spend them all at once. Choose wisely, read reviews ect. You have real fortune in in-game currency now.

Another unpopular opinion. Ship which you really love from history if you have such ship ofc and if it's premium ship availaible for dubloons. It can be minefield if you didn't like her gameplay. Discount coupon is must have ofc too.

Players
1,413 posts
6,642 battles

For tier6 buy the T61 and the Arizona. For tier8, the Atago, Massachusetts, Mainz, Cossack are good buys. Anyway use your 25% armory discount, so buy one now, and the next for Christmas, along with the 50% discounted one year premium time. Last year we got additional 20%, 15% and so on coupons around Christmas.

• Cool 1

[SM0KE]
Players
5,419 posts
13,329 battles
On 8/2/2020 at 8:32 AM, DanielCI58 said:

I'm assuming you're not a reroll; if that's correct, you're a very new player, and your diversity of experience in different ship types and nations is - not surprisingly - very limited. This isn't a bad thing, but it does inform the following suggested thought process:

• The most sensible thing to buy is premium time (as already suggested), for the simple reason that it works on every battle you play, with every ship. So, best return on your spend. Buy the largest amount that you are confident that you'll use; the longer the period of premium time you buy, the better the value, *but* there's not much point in buying six months' worth if you get bored in a few weeks.
  • After that, there is a lot to be said for holding off for a while; use the time to play a more diverse selection of ship types and nationalities, to establish what your favourites will likely be longer-term (you also avoid the classic pitfall of buying a premium that's of too high a tier for your current skill-set/experience/available captains).
  • In terms of which premiums to buy, it largely depends on which ship types and nations you prefer to play; for earlier premium ships especially, you want to aim for things you won't get bored with easily - to get the most value from them, you need to play them a lot, and that's more likely if they're fun. It also helps if said premiums gel with captains from your silver ships - one of the more valuable peculiarities of premiums is that you can use to them to accelerate the training of your captains without penalty (this can be especially helpful if you're transferring captains between silver ships and want to avoid spending doubloons.
  • IMPORTANT: make really sure that you check every single ship and deactivate the tick boxes that replenish cammo and/or signals for doubloons. WG have been stinkers here: the tick boxes default to enabled, and re-enable when you remount relevant cammo/signals; this means it's very easy to pi$$ away doubloons when you don't want to. You will almost certainly forget now and again, but try not to as it's a waste of money (and very poor by WG to have it set up this way; at least you now get a text box warning you - you didn't used to even get that).
  • It's not a bad idea to avoid buying premium ships that are significantly higher tier than whatever tier you're comfortable playing your existing silver ships at; for example, if you're at T6 with the IJN BBs, I perhaps wouldn't go higher than one of Mutsu or Ashitaka (T6 and 7, respectively, and both useful for Ops, the T6 especially). If you do entirely ignore this and get something too high tier, you can always play the thing in Coop while you wait for your skills/captains to catch up.
  • Keep an eye on your coupons and their expiry date; every so often, you'll get a 25% off coupon for use in the Armory [sic] - if you're going to buy premiums, you may as well use these coupons, and you can maximise your savings by relating premium purchases to coupon renewal dates.
  • Finally, read/watch reviews (Little White Mouse is a good starting point) before buying anything (ask on here too); ideally, you want multiple viewpoints, and to try and find people whose views tend to coincide with your own tastes and preferences. If you really dig BBs, for example, a reviewer who thinks the type smells is not likely to be as helpful to you as someone who is a BB aficionado...
  • Cool 6

[-RAF-]
Players
282 posts
5,293 battles

if  i am  newbie (ofc i am) what is the 200% coupon? never heard that

[SINT]
Players
843 posts
20,498 battles
2 hours ago, DanielCI58 said:

Well if you have to ask us that question you have no clear "love" yet set on any premium ship that you just want to have...Maybe because you have not yet that many games under your belt that you found your comfortzone with a certain shipclass / nation.

Atleast know that those doubloons wont go away anytime so unless you are really interested in some ship spent it on small expenses like premium, 25 doubloon for a 3 skill captain. Not spend it on silly things though...

But if you want to indulge yourself on a fine higher tier premium ship use the 25% discount coupon on your most expensie premiumn that you are inclined to buy... if i had 35K D they wouldbe burning in my pocket too and I would spoil me with atleast one high tier ship (with coupon)...But once again make sure you dont buy in a hurry too much and waisting it on a ship that does not feel right for you.

Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
129 posts

I would get Ashitaka or Mutsu.

14 minutes ago, arquata2019 said:

if  i am  newbie (ofc i am) what is the 200% coupon? never heard that

It's a coupon given for new players or old ones that have not played in a very long time that refunds you with 200% of the doubloon value if you buy something at premium shop.

Example, you buy an Alaska, u get the Alaska and 19*2= 38K doubloons.

Sign in to follow this