Beastofwar

Weser, the killer ( and no, sight stabilisation is NOT needed )

89 comments in this topic

[BHSFL]
Players
3,366 posts
13,049 battles

The point of this topic is to show what it is capable of without sight stabilisation.  ( and isnt the next CB tier 6 ? :Smile_teethhappy: )

It dispatched half the enemy team's BB with AP bombs and proved to be so murderous no enemies were left alive when the match ended. :Smile_izmena: 

And i am by no means a high WR player....this should tell you a lot too.....

Let the images talk....

wows 50.jpg

wows 51.jpg

wows 52.jpg

wows 53.jpg

image.png.91b6de4aaf505825978b900ee07aaf18.png

wows 54.jpg

• Cool 6
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 4

[XTREM]
[XTREM]
Players
1,571 posts
13,483 battles

I don't have a Weser yet but you don't need Sight Stab. on all CVs anyway. The Brit CVs especially come to mind.

And the tier 6 CBs are happening right now.

[BHSFL]
Players
3,366 posts
13,049 battles
13 minutes ago, Miragetank90 said:

I don't have a Weser yet but you don't need Sight Stab. on all CVs anyway. The Brit CVs especially come to mind.

And the tier 6 CBs are happening right now.

Some high WR players insisted it was nessessary......while all it does is shave miliseconds of a closing reticule....

And claimed that most citadel ribbons were produced by the AP missiles. But it seems it is the bombs that pack the (stopping) power here......

[BHSFL]
Players
3,366 posts
13,049 battles
2 minutes ago, Execute0rder66 said:

We have a CV thread for CVs.

Thats a tread for anti-CV comments.....:Smile_facepalm:

This is one about the Weser and ( new German CV ) sight stabilisation.

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1

Players
1,315 posts
13 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

Thats a tread for anti-CV comments.....:Smile_facepalm:

It is not only for anti cv comments. It is General CV Related Discussions.

• Cool 1

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
13,769 posts
19,411 battles
39 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

Some high WR players insisted it was nessessary

It is the general consensus among skilled CV players that Sight Stabilization is a waste of points on KM CVs.

You're late to the party.

And once again lying.

• Cool 2

[BHSFL]
Players
3,366 posts
13,049 battles
12 minutes ago, Bindolaf_Werebane said:

How do you keep the bombers from disappearing under minimal flak?

I seem to have lost ~49 planes ? Do you mean that ?

And is that a bad thing in trade for Kraken and High caliber + the rewards ?

Beta Tester
300 posts
5,819 battles
51 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

It is the general consensus among skilled CV players that Sight Stabilization is a waste of points on KM CVs.

You're late to the party.

And once again lying.

You can take it and barely feel it. I currently run it, because all other 4 pointers are equally wasteful and the low pointers are already taking. Effectively I would be fine with a 15 point captain.

[BHSFL]
Players
3,366 posts
13,049 battles
9 minutes ago, Pappus said:

You can take it and barely feel it. I currently run it, because all other 4 pointers are equally wasteful and the low pointers are already taking. Effectively I would be fine with a 15 point captain.

But those are German CV.....their secondaries can reach up to 10 km, are accurate and can dispatch DD all by themselves as they have their own spotting.....i know that because i was in a DD with  planes overhead and had to run out of that 10 km to survive......those planes weren't the treat since they pack AP rockets....

So maybe that 4 points are not a "waste" in AFT ?? And then we are assuming all average players can evede all FLAK ( i do not ... ) what AFT boosts too and your CV is never under air attack.....( mine is every other match, and as you can see here aswell with 32 air kills  )

• Boring 1

Beta Tester
300 posts
5,819 battles
13 minutes ago, Bindolaf_Werebane said:

How do you keep the bombers from disappearing under minimal flak?

Use squad consumeable it will put the heal on 7.5s which is enough to reach target at full health unless you take an unreasonable area to strike. Easy double drop. Also helps with boosting, fighters (spotting) and torping.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
300 posts
5,819 battles
5 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

But those are German CV.....their secondaries can reach up to 10 km, are accurate and can dispatch DD all by themselves as they have their own spotting.....i know that because i was in a DD and had to run out of that 10 km to survive......

So maybe that 4 points are not a "waste" in AFT ?? And then we are assuming all average players can evede all FLAK ( i do not ... ) what AFT boosts too and your CV is never under air attack.....( mine is every other match, and as you can see here aswell with 32 air kills  )

They are not accurate. We are not talking about graf zeppelin. Those are accurate. The KM CV line has nothing to do with that. Even if they were accurate they would still be trash. They are low caliber, slow reload, low amount, low fire chance.

They would need to be SIGNIFICANTLY stronger for you to decide and make active use of them. If you don't make active use of them, well then how often does a DD manage to reach you and it makes a difference or a cruiser. The answer is basically never.

[BHSFL]
Players
3,366 posts
13,049 battles
12 minutes ago, Pappus said:

They are not accurate. We are not talking about graf zeppelin. Those are accurate. The KM CV line has nothing to do with that. Even if they were accurate they would still be trash. They are low caliber, slow reload, low amount, low fire chance.

They would need to be SIGNIFICANTLY stronger for you to decide and make active use of them. If you don't make active use of them, well then how often does a DD manage to reach you and it makes a difference or a cruiser. The answer is basically never.

They can  penetrate 19 mm of DD hulls up to tier X at 10 km ( the higher tier CV's that is ) range indifferent of angle....how much stronger must they be ?

And the fact that they are smaller means they have higher ROF..... 3.4 sec ( 105 mm ) vs 7.1 sec ( 150 mm ) ......almost 2 x as fast....

They can even penetrate 26 mm.....so Cruisers aren't exactly safe either.....and 1200 ( 105 mm ) vs 1700 ( 150 mm ) damage ? I take the higher ROF !

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
13,769 posts
19,411 battles
15 minutes ago, Pappus said:

Concealment Expert remains an excellent pick as it allows you to position yourself closer to the front line and thus maintain higher damage output.

Other than that AFT can actually be picked for memes instead of Sight Stab since as you said yourself all other alternatives are lacking.

• Cool 1

[BHSFL]
Players
3,366 posts
13,049 battles
16 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

.....allows you to position yourself closer to the front line

= in range of enemy BB guns when spotted by the enemy CV or DD.

Ofcourse you are assuming there are islands to hide behind.....not (high enough ) in every map. Situational at best.

And dangerous = all or nothing tactics. Nice for damage racing until caught pants down.

Beta Tester
300 posts
5,819 battles
8 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

Concealment Expert remains an excellent pick as it allows you to position yourself closer to the front line and thus maintain higher damage output.

Other than that AFT can actually be picked for memes instead of Sight Stab since as you said yourself all other alternatives are lacking.

Yeah CE is baseline of course. If we talk sensible choice then probably manual is better. Cause you usually don't even take the 20% secondary equipment as you can make good use of the 2 extra seconds on the attack aircraft so for those rare cases where a DD comes close and it isn't the end of the game it would help more than a single instance of 20% range.

10 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

They can (stock) penetrate 19 mm of DD hulls up to tier X at 10 km ( the higher tier CV's that is ) range indifferent of angle....how much stronger must they be ?

And the fact that they are smaller means they have higher ROF..... 3.4 sec ( 105 mm ) vs 7.1 sec ( 150 mm ) ......almost 2 x as fast....

They can stock penetrate 26 mm.....so Cruisers aren't exactly safe either.....

If they couldn't even penetrate 19mm, then what could they actually do ingame other than shatter on virtually everything. They need that to pen superstructure of BBs and small stuff. Literally mentioning that they can penetrate unarmored DDs is making that point really :D

So for the parseval in order to allow someone to shoot at you, they need to be serious dps. Otherwise why show yourself for the 4-5k of damage they will do after countless salvos. Cruisers and BBs alike will decimate you so they need to be that good to make it worth it.

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
13,769 posts
19,411 battles
7 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

This is ofc assuming you are picking your position intelligently rather than just sitting right in front of enemy guns. Contrary to what you believe this is not a "situational all or nothing" strategy but a general applicable one that does not even rely on cover being available.

Beta Tester
300 posts
5,819 battles
9 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

Ofcourse you are assuming there are islands to hide behind.....not (high enough ) in every map. Situational at best.

And dangerous = all or nothing tactics. Nice for damage racing until caught pants down.

Are you always positioning yourself outside of BB gun range? Like the obvious choice is going as close as you possibly can. That range varies of course, but CE makes it closer universally. Even if it sometimes backfires, that just means you made an error in judgement. All other matches your damage increases though.

[SCRUB]
Players
3,774 posts
17,120 battles
2 hours ago, Beastofwar said:

wows 54.jpg

Slight off-topic question, but it seems like you're using DE on your KM CV commander, and I'm wondering why? You have AP rockets and AP bombs, none of which can start fires, and I don't think your secondary guns outrange BBs' main guns. :Smile_Default:

• Funny 4

Beta Tester
300 posts
5,819 battles
10 minutes ago, lup3s said:

Slight off-topic question, but it seems like you're using DE on your KM CV commander, and I'm wondering why? You have AP rockets and AP bombs, none of which can start fires, and I don't think your secondary guns outrange BBs' main guns. :Smile_Default:

It is called overinvesting. Like when you play poker and see 72 and push all in.

[BHSFL]
Players
3,366 posts
13,049 battles
22 minutes ago, lup3s said:

You can see the native ship of the commander......that one has HE rockets and it makes the secondaries* more flammable too. I only borrowed him from GZ because Weser is now a temporary special ship. When it becomes a tech tree ship im putting a new captain on it. Since it is T6 I will use it a lot in Operations.

* I actually use them in an offensive role.....so skills for them are never wasted.

wows 47.jpg

wows 43.jpg

[PARAZ]
Players
2,590 posts
12,772 battles
56 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

This is ofc assuming you are picking your position intelligently rather than just sitting right in front of enemy guns.

And assuming you paid due diligence to the gods and demons that have authority over the autopilot, and sacrificed at least 3 virgins, or their revenge will come swiftly.

• Funny 5

Beta Tester
3,269 posts
14,049 battles

CW only has few BBs and against T6 cruisers the AP bombs are not accurate enough. 

The AP rockets cannot citadel Graf Spees. 

I don't see a good reason to pick this over Ryujo. 

• Cool 1

Players
3,290 posts
14,054 battles
6 minutes ago, __Helmut_Kohl__ said:

CW only has few BBs and against T6 cruisers the AP bombs are not accurate enough. 

The AP rockets cannot citadel Graf Spees. 

I don't see a good reason to pick this over Ryujo. 

That and it’s just not a good CV.