kurskrevenge

selling ships retaining research and progress.

4 comments in this topic

Question

[ADC_2]
Players
10 posts

Hi another question from a new player wanting to progress if i sell a ship will i have to research it again in order to progress? For example i have in consecutive order Bellerophon then Orion then iron duke I want to sell both orion and bellerophon and than go on to buy Queen Elizabeth will i have to re research the ships ive sold to progress etc? I REALLY appreciate your expert advice.

Kind regards.

3 answers to this question

[AAO]
Players
1,546 posts
20,647 battles
8 hours ago, arquata2019 said:

research iron duke (with free experience!) you can "free-exp" queen elizabeth too

This btw is very much not recommended as a strategy. The best thing to do (for several reasons) is to play the ships to get the needed experience.

With regard to your question: Any ship that is researched will stay researched and any unused exp will stay on that ship at all times (until converted to free exp) whether you sell it or not

unless you decide to reset the relevant line for research points, in that case all ships in the line will revert to being fully non-researched and all left-over exp on them will shift to the T1 of the line (iirc).

That is a very late-game option though, you need at least 5 (iirc) T10s to do that.

• Cool 1

Players
139 posts
4,455 battles
1 hour ago, kurskrevenge said:

Hi another question from a new player wanting to progress if i sell a ship will i have to research it again in order to progress? For example i have in consecutive order Bellerophon then Orion then iron duke I want to sell both orion and bellerophon and than go on to buy Queen Elizabeth will i have to re research the ships ive sold to progress etc? I REALLY appreciate your expert advice.

Kind regards.

No, the tech tree only looks at the "farthest" ship you researched.

• Cool 1

[-RAF-]
Players
324 posts
5,327 battles

If you sell them, but research iron duke (with free experience!) you can "free-exp" queen elizabeth too