Flandre Bug Read more... ×
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Jvd2000

Dunkirk crate and chance to get Gallant

48 comments in this topic

[SINT]
Players
1,040 posts
22,536 battles

Currently you can buy 1 Dunkirk crate for 1000 coal. In the description of the crate it says that you can have the T6 UK dd Gallant as a drop. Even specifies that you will receive the doubloon Value if you already have the ship.. So I was thinking to put my coal into doubloon hunting...

With my access coal I bought around 100 of those crates but no Gallant yet. I know that the droprate would be low but I start to wonder if Gallant actually drops from these crates. Would like WG to change the description then...Or are the chances so remote that while the description is correct it’s in fact a zero chance..

Anyone else have experience or even succes in Galant hunting through the use of your coal?

Seems there is atleast some confusion looking at the replies... @MrConway can you enlighten us please?

• Cool 1
  • Funny 5
  • Angry 2

[JRM]
Players
7,458 posts
16 minutes ago, black_falcon120 said:

In the armoury they remove the ship drops iirc.

This, I dont think those crates can drop one anymore

• Cool 1

Players
632 posts
27,423 battles

It would be nice if WG would remove the Gallant from the List of Things that you can get if You can no longer get a Callant from one of those Crates-

I mean you could get Cleveland, Atlanta, Sims and Kidd from one of those American Cruiser Crates during the Event but now these ships are no longer listed as possible Prices.

a Clear Sign that you can no longer get them. Same with the Other Crates. The Gallant is the only Ship that you may still earn from Crates from the Armory

Players
1,029 posts
1 hour ago, Jvd2000 said:

Currently you can buy 1 Dunkirk crate for 1000 coal. In the description of the crate it says that you can have the T6 UK dd Gallant as a drop. Even specifies that you will receive the doubloon Value if you already have the ship.. So I was thinking to put my coal into doubloon hunting...

With my access coal I bought around 100 of those crates but no Gallant yet. I know that the droprate would be low but I start to wonder if Gallant actually drops from these crates. Would like WG to change the description then...Or are the chances so remote that while the description is correct it’s in fact a zero chance..

Anyone else have experience or even succes in Galant hunting through the use of your coal?

The wiki (albeit not the most reliable source) states that the crates are available in the Armoury and have a chance at getting a Gallant drop. The Armoury description also says a Gallant drop is possible. I'd be inclined to believe the Armoury description at least, given that it would presumably be false advertising (that is, illegal) if it wasn't correct.

Then again, given that this is WoWs containers we're talking about, I'd imagine you're right second time: technically a chance, but the amount of coal you'd have to drop would be ludicrous (probably three, four, five or even more times the amount you'd spend on a regular coal ship at that tier) to guarantee it. If that's worth it to you would depend either on how much you value coal vs. doubloons, or how much you like gambling. Personally I've probably had 70 or 80 of the Dunkirk crates by now with no sign of any ship drop, may or may not buy more in future if I get bored and have nothing else to spend my coal on ;)

• Cool 3

Players
10,315 posts
12,044 battles
4 hours ago, Jvd2000 said:

Seems there is atleast some confusion looking at the replies... @MrConway can you enlighten us please?

Odds of you getting the ship from such... "Free" crates technically are above zero, but in practice you might as well forget about getting actual ship.

[WG]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
3,376 posts
3,999 battles
On 8/1/2020 at 5:18 PM, Jvd2000 said:

I checked and the Gallant is indeed still on the list of possible drops for that container, but as you noticed, it is not a particularly common drop.

• Funny 6

Players
866 posts
8,891 battles
1 hour ago, MrConway said:

I checked and the Gallant is indeed still on the list of possible drops for that container, but as you noticed, it is not a particularly common drop.

Maybe WG could have the decency to add the drop rates of items maybe too much to expect though eh as people would soon realise what a waste of time they are.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[LUZ1]
Players
1,134 posts
13,768 battles
2 hours ago, MrConway said:

Your sense of understatement is commendable :cap_haloween:

• Funny 5

Players
584 posts
3,805 battles

Ya I too fell victim to these crates in the hopes of getting the DD. I didn't get it either btw and stopped trying lol. I came to the conclusion that while it would have been a really nice drop that it was just wasting way too much coal and that buying it with a discount voucher would be the most sensible way of getting it if I really wanted it that much. I didn't buy it so I guess I didn't really want it that much after all. Besides, the Aigle was joined by the Anshen in the Armory for coal, both of which are really nice and powerful DD's that I enjoy playing so I can certainly get over it. 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[JRM]
Players
7,458 posts

I must have bought 100 of those over time just to see if I get it and ofc not

• Cool 1

Weekend Tester
867 posts
10,222 battles

I seriously doubt that Gallant still drops from the crates in the shop. It seems to me that the odds were changed from x% for the in-game event, to 0% for the shop.

During the actual event i recall that the chance of a drop from the in-game crates was quite high - maybe 50% over the total number of event containers? Lots of people seemed to report getting the ship; I had Gallant drop on all three of my accounts, with no containers purchased - and my event container "luck" is usually very bad.

[PISH]
Players
372 posts
3,537 battles

You know I completed that collection but beat me I can't tell you if the Galant in my port was a drop from there or bought.

Beta Tester
1,178 posts
3,162 battles
5 hours ago, MrConway said:

Is that the same for the other crates? I’m just curious?

[WG]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
3,376 posts
3,999 battles
2 hours ago, cracktrackflak said:

I seriously doubt that Gallant still drops from the crates in the shop. It seems to me that the odds were changed from x% for the in-game event, to 0% for the shop.

During the actual event i recall that the chance of a drop from the in-game crates was quite high - maybe 50% over the total number of event containers? Lots of people seemed to report getting the ship; I had Gallant drop on all three of my accounts, with no containers purchased - and my event container "luck" is usually very bad.

There is a difference between the containers purchased and the ones that can be got in the armory for coal. Not just the drop chance for Gallant, but also the other items are more valuable.

A lot of our containers have a "Free" and a "Premium" version. 

1 hour ago, black_falcon120 said:

Is that the same for the other crates? I’m just curious?

I don't like to generalize ;) Which ones specifically?

Beta Tester
1,178 posts
3,162 battles
5 hours ago, MrConway said:

I don't like to generalize ;) Which ones specifically?

Ah ok thank you :) The rumor was all crates had ships taken out of them, but I was thinking about the carrier crates and the t8 CVs (inc enterprise).

[WG]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
3,376 posts
3,999 battles
13 hours ago, black_falcon120 said:

Ah ok thank you :) The rumor was all crates had ships taken out of them, but I was thinking about the carrier crates and the t8 CVs (inc enterprise).

They can still drop Kaga, Enterprise, Saipan and GZ - albeit rarely.

Don't trust rumours, come ask me instead ;)

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
1,178 posts
3,162 battles
42 minutes ago, MrConway said:

Thank you - will do! :)

[MIAO]
Players
1,795 posts
8,533 battles
2 ore fa, MrConway ha scritto:

Which containers?