Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Silent_Hunter94

Tips about Iowa and Izumo

3 comments in this topic

Players
49 posts
4,801 battles

I researched both the ships some days ago. And i know how they are in the game after reading multiple other posts in forum.

I love both these ships. Izumo chunks out damage of anything so easily and Iowa tanks much better than georgia. But after playing for some time it seems that they are both very different from tier 8's. I am struggling to get hits in Iowa at long range and Eating waves of Torps in Izumo. If you have any personal suggestion or tricks for both the ships, do tell me.

Also should the build for Iowa, should I go for range or something else as I was told it's range is a major advantage, but it seems to be an issue for me. I had to remove artillery plotting room 1 after some games. And Izumo, should I go with rudder module or something else, because that thing turns like a whale. Should I play like US cruisers in it?

So any suggestion or trick that you use personally and won't mind sharing, please do share.

[SHAFT]
Players
9,497 posts
8,838 battles
3 minutes ago, Silently_Hunting said:

I love both these ships. Izumo chunks out damage of anything so easily and Iowa tanks much better than georgia. But after playing for some time it seems that they are both very different from tier 8's. I am struggling to get hits in Iowa at long range and Eating waves of Torps in Izumo. If you have any personal suggestion or tricks for both the ships, do tell me.

Iowa and NC pretty much have the same playstyle and they arent really that different from one another. NC has even slower shells and it gets citadelled easier.

Izumo is ofc different than Amagi, as the turret layout changes.

5 minutes ago, Silently_Hunting said:

Also should the build for Iowa, should I go for range or something else as I was told it's range is a major advantage, but it seems to be an issue for me. I had to remove artillery plotting room 1 after some games. And Izumo, should I go with rudder module or something else, because that thing turns like a whale. Should I play like US cruisers in it?

Iowa has enough range as it is. And even if you have more range, doesnt mean you have to use it. Sitting at 25km because you can shoot so far is bad. Use your concealment, you can be at 15km and also go undetected if you need to be, but you can actually hit stuff.

Usually i prefer DCP mod in 4th slot over ruddershift, but can be personal preference. If you feel you are better of with rudder, then take that. Iowa and Izumo get better ruddershift on C hull. So maybe it works without rudder module once you get that.

And dont play BBs like US Cruisers. Assuming, you mean camping at islands, since thats what US cruisers usually do.

[CATS]
Players
26,165 posts
14,106 battles
  • Get closer in Iowa and practice aiming, her shells are very slow
  • Both ships need to keep moving and change course repeatedly, you need to dodge torps before they are spotted or it is too late
  • Set the ships up for tanking and accuracy and/or shorter reload

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this