You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
CUGI1

Ranked games imbalance - WOWS is corrupted

68 comments in this topic

[P_M_W]
Players
5 posts
3,314 battles

Hi, here is my story:
I started to play ranked season 17.
I was doing better and worser, and slowly got 2nd rank after 2 weeks, the games were more less balanced.
Then somebody complained my behavior on chat and WOWS team banned me for few days from chat - OK.
But strange things start to happen.
I started to be selected in a worser team in almost all games - according to WOWS monitor personal rating.
I  dropped to 5th rank in just 2 days and can not see chances to stay at 5th rank its just impossible with this roster.
I could'n believe at first, i thought i had bad luck but after 2 days of intense battles (60-70) i have clear picture : for each 10 games I'm selected 1 time in better team, 2x balanced, and the  rest of 7 in a worser  team.

WTF is going on here?

I think they messed something with algorithm to select players to ranked battles.
Ranked games are corruped by developers if the teams are selected by some hidden algorithms  to support some players and to drop others :/
Everybody should have fair chances to play ranked game.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 14
  • Boring 3
  • Bad 2

[UNICS]
Players
4,501 posts
15,942 battles

Maybe you just were a bit lucky the 2 first weeks and got better teams than normal.

• Cool 6
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[P_M_W]
Players
5 posts
3,314 battles
23 minuty temu, loppantorkel napisał:

Maybe you just were a bit lucky the 2 first weeks and got better teams than normal.

You really believe that?
I would like to see the formula how the players are selected to ranked battles in premier league.
It's clear it is not pure random.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 1

Players
2,571 posts
11,389 battles
13 minutes ago, CUGI1 said:

You really believe that?
I would like to see the formula how the players are selected to ranked battles in premier league.

What is the point of starting this topic if you are already convinced that WG is corrupted? No matter what anyone say against it, you're already convinced that it not random, so it's kinda pointless since there will not be any meaningful discussion.

• Cool 7

[UNICS]
Players
4,501 posts
15,942 battles
16 minutes ago, CUGI1 said:

You really believe that?

I doubt WG will show you the code for the MM. We don't know if it's purely random. We know that the MM sorts the teams for balance between the classes - same number of each class in Ranked. Beyond that, things should be Random but no one can know for sure. What we do know is that the players with good stats - those who performs well in Random battles, earlier Ranked seasons, or are in top clans, they usually rank out faster. Players with worse stats usually don't rank out as fast. There's a good correlation there, which does indicate they're not held back by faulty MM and that the MM should be reasonably random.

• Cool 4
  • Bad 1

[ADRIA]
Players
232 posts
9,244 battles

TLDR: when I win it's cause of my glorious skillz; when I lose it's WG's fault. How dare they!!!

• Cool 9
  • Funny 10

[UNICS]
Players
4,501 posts
15,942 battles
2 hours ago, CUGI1 said:

WTF is going on here?

It's also very possible that you performed better early on when you were successful. Since you haven't played much Ranked before, it might be good to know that you should avoid spamming games when you lose a lot. Frustration and second guessing can easily make you play worse than you normally do, leading you into a downward spiral. Take a break and return when you're in a better place. It usually helps a bit. Another thing to know is that from rank 5 to 1, the players are usually better. If you got there early, the variety might have been greater, but now, one can assume, it's filled with decent-good players, and progressing through these ranks will be tough.

• Cool 4
  • Boring 1

[JRM]
Players
6,315 posts
24,210 battles
28 minutes ago, Gebe_ said:

TLDR: when I win it's cause of my glorious skillz; when I lose it's WG's fault. How dare they!!!

RIGHT those god awful potatoes they put in my team... :fish_cute_2:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[SHAFT]
Players
9,556 posts
8,858 battles

Spamming games and using MM monitor... thats a recipe for desaster :cap_fainting:

• Cool 10

Players
160 posts
3 hours ago, CUGI1 said:

I think they messed something with algorithm to select players to ranked battles.
 if the teams are selected by some hidden algorithms  to support some players and to drop others :/
Everybody should have fair chances to play ranked game. 

I tend to agree with this

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Players
4,016 posts

Since none of us have insight in the code - anything is possible.

There are theories out there even from before WoWS, that WG manipulates MM with algorithms that are not public.

Some believe it, some say its just a tin foil hat theories, but the truth is... we will never know.

• Cool 4

[UNICS]
Players
4,501 posts
15,942 battles
25 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

I see nothing surprising with your results.

He was up to rank 2 at one point :cap_hmm:

• Funny 1

[-RM-]
Beta Tester
2,092 posts
8,451 battles
4 minutes ago, Mahaaret said:

I tend to agree with this

Everyone has a fair chance to play ranked. What tends to happen is that things are going fine in the early ranks, but as time goes on the better players tend to outclimb the lesser experienced ones.

So what we are left with is that the lesser experienced players vastly outnumber the better ones in certain ranks, meaning the standard of play drops over time. So if you are stuck at lower ranks either endure or try to get your carry pants on.

• Cool 2

[P_M_W]
Players
5 posts
3,314 battles
41 minut temu, loppantorkel napisał:

It's also very possible that you performed better early on when you were successful.

My gameplay is irrelevant.
I'm not a good player.
I do not complain I'm losing with better players.
But I'm telling you what I see in WOWS Monitor.
Thats my point.
There have to be some rules for selecting teams for ranked - this is not random - I do not believe in such a long periods of play in 2nd skill team in unbalanced games.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 3
  • Bad 1

Players
160 posts
10 minutes ago, CUGI1 said:

I'm not a good player.
Thats my point.
There have to be some rules for selecting teams for ranked - this is not random - I do not believe in such a long periods of play in 2nd skill team in unbalanced games.

This does not apply to just Ranked.

I frequently see teams obliterated in minutes in Random matches, that just tells me the MM is heavily favouring one team with RNG

RNG is a massive influence in the outcome of a battle

Just my opinion, but will always strongly believe this

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

[CATS]
Players
26,234 posts
14,142 battles
19 minutes ago, CUGI1 said:

I'm not a good player.
Thats my point.

• That is your problem - your gameplay is not irrelevant
  • The next question is if you look at the right stats in the MM monitor
  • Ranked MM is not random, it is split up between leagues, average difficulty increases with each league while also increasing the volatility of the results as the skill gap increases between players
  • Cool 2
  • Bad 1

Players
4,016 posts
18 minutes ago, Mahaaret said:

I frequently see teams obliterated in minutes in Random matches, that just tells me the MM is heavily favouring one team with RNG

Tell me about it.

Its been like this for the past 3 days. And funny thing is that I got a chat-ban 3 days ago.

I have 14 defeats and 4 wins. In each defeat I end up in top 3, rest of my team potatos away with less than 500 bxp.

2020-08-01 09_38_01-Greenshot.jpg

• Cool 1

[UNICS]
Players
4,501 posts
15,942 battles
1 hour ago, CUGI1 said:

I'm not a good player.
Thats my point.

Well, it's possible the MM isn't completely random. If you're not a good player, you probably wouldn't have reached rank 2 without preferential matchmaking at the start, regardless of by luck or a manipulated MM. If you're playing the high league - rank 5 to 2 - you're likely to encounter good players more frequently. If you're not good yourself, you'll drag your team down, resulting in lost stars and backtracking the ranks. Chances are you had some more luck with the MM at the start of the season and now this luck has turned. Chances are that you'll have trouble ever reaching R1 unless you grind for hundreds of games.

You can do a little experiment and take a screenshot of the next 10 games and show us your line-ups for WR. Players having a string of bad luck happens and proves nothing when they show up here to complain. If you post your next 10 games or so, I think we'll get a better picture.

1 hour ago, quickr said:

4a369i.jpg

This just makes it confusing... so it is rigged??? :cap_hmm:

• Cool 1

[BOBS3]
Players
1,009 posts
18,725 battles

Ban Matchmaking Monitor. It adds to the Toxicity in the game.

Also using Matchmaking Monitor skews the match. And not in a good way. 

If you see the stats of your team and decide that you are on a crap team, will you fight hard to win? It becomes a self-forfilling prophecy.

If you see the stats and decide that you are on a winning team then you either wait to let that win happen, or you push too hard. Either way you aren't playing to your best.

Finally even the best players potato on occasion, (well maybe you don't,) and even the biggest potato can cause a game changing Detonation with a lucky hit, (not that this happens to me). 

• Cool 10

[BS4]
Players
1,287 posts
7,241 battles
1 hour ago, ColonelPete said:
  • Ranked MM is not random, it is split up between leagues, average difficulty increases with each league while also increasing the volatility of the results as the skill gap increases between players

This^^

1 hour ago, ollonborre said:

Everyone has a fair chance to play ranked. What tends to happen is that things are going fine in the early ranks, but as time goes on the better players tend to outclimb the lesser experienced ones.

So what we are left with is that the lesser experienced players vastly outnumber the better ones in certain ranks, meaning the standard of play drops over time. So if you are stuck at lower ranks either endure or try to get your carry pants on.

Aaaand This^^

@CUGI1

This tends to happen Most seasons mate, It gets worse as time goes on as most of the good players that were at the start have hit rank 1 and moved on. Thus leaving the existing groups/leagues at a much lower skill level. It would only take 1 loss at a certain time for you to be put into a diffrent group/league that is far worse than the one you just left or it can confuse groupings when you don't loose a star and everyone else does (being top in a loosing team) for you to move to another group or league. But As @nambr9 said we can never realy know as we will never see the code used so its all speculation tbh.

One thing is for sure though, a lot of people stop at rank 10 for a reason.

• Cool 5

[BHSFL]
Players
3,458 posts
41 minutes ago, Cambera_1 said:

Ban Matchmaking Monitor. It adds to the Toxicity in the game.

Also using Matchmaking Monitor skews the match. And not in a good way. 

If you see the stats of your team and decide that you are on a crap team, will you fight hard to win? It becomes a self-forfilling prophecy.

Indeed that...what good does it do anyway knowing what quality your team is, if you are already in it and can't go back ????

I fight for XP, freeXP and credits ( and completing task requirements )  and those are always the highest they can be if you put in effort.....even when losing.

Finally even the best players potato on occasion, (well maybe you don't,) and even the biggest potato can cause a game changing Detonation with a lucky hit, (not that this happens to me). 

He really seems to think WR is a shield and nothing can happen to a high WR player. Any reality that such players are just as vulnerable as everyone else and being destroyed may not be a player mistake seem to be lacking.

Maybe that is why players hate CV so ? Those destroy ships ( late match for certain ) under them irrelevant of WR. Maybe that is why players hate the AA system....it is automated and doesn't care who it's owner is. Certianly not if he thinks he can get away with a stock setup.

• Bad 1