You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Sir_Sinksalot

Random Containers. Opening All At Once Vs 1 At A Time

Random Container Returns.  

54 members have voted

1. 1. When it comes to opening multiple containers do you feel there is actually a better likelihood in getting more positive outcomes by opening

• One at a time
    • All at the same time
    • I've found over trying both options many times that it actually make no difference

22 comments in this topic

Players
553 posts
3,466 battles

Hi guys,

Just wondering how do you go about it and let me just get my tinfoil hat on here(lol) but do you guys feel that it actually makes a difference to the outcome, be it a positive or negative difference in regards the contents outcome or in fact makes no difference either way.

Now obviously It should of course make no difference BUT... have you a little hunch or had a few returns that would suggest one way or the other actually yields a better return from these "random" drops?  :Smile_Default:

[-AP-]
Players
1,296 posts
11,488 battles

Kind of obvious, rng is rng, regardless if its one at a time or in large packages (double slit experiment shows this quite nicely)

Why waste YOUR time opening then individually?

• Cool 3

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
278 posts
6,320 battles
27 minutes ago, Sir_Sinksalot said:

Hi guys,

Just wondering how do you go about it and let me just get my tinfoil hat on here(lol) but do you guys feel that it actually makes a difference to the outcome, be it a positive or negative difference in regards the contents outcome or in fact makes no difference either way.

Now obviously It should of course make no difference BUT... have you a little hunch or had a few returns that would suggest one way or the other actually yields a better return from these "random" drops?  :Smile_Default:

It makes no difference since the container rewards are set the moment you receive the container...

• Cool 5

Players
4,014 posts
16 hours ago, waxx25 said:

I always open them right away.

I want my reward immediately.

• Funny 1

[H_FAN]
Players
2,568 posts
40,831 battles
16 hours ago, Sir_Sinksalot said:

Hi guys,

Well I use to take them individually rather than one by one if there are not too many or that I do notexpect anything. But I have my diary book in wows and its easier to do them 1 by 1.

Containers at the end of the day I always do 1 by 1, likewise christmas containers and so, and i always open dailies at the end of the day/session, never save them for mass openings. 

[PONY]
Beta Tester
6,025 posts
10,340 battles
17 hours ago, CrniVrag said:

It makes no difference since the container rewards are set the moment you receive the container...

This.

[BHSFL]
Players
3,412 posts
17 hours ago, black_falcon120 said:

Doesn’t opening them in bulk stop you from getting the bonus coal through your clan?

Never noticed that.....does it ?

[PONY]
Beta Tester
6,025 posts
10,340 battles
1 minute ago, Beastofwar said:

Never noticed that.....does it ?

No.

[PONY]
Beta Tester
6,025 posts
10,340 battles
On 8/1/2020 at 6:50 PM, black_falcon120 said:

It definitely used to, they probably fixed it then.

You get the oil when you get the container, not when you open it.

Players
923 posts
13,160 battles

I have 14 hoarded WG containers, so I have to be very careful to never open all at once.

The contents are set when the container is received (you can verify this on the PTS) so no difference there.

Before my Clan completed the final Coal upgrade one clever member decided to hoard all the "more resources" containers to benefit from the extra 3% bonus Coal.

Players
401 posts
3,834 battles

Depends on whether the month has an R in it. Also, the wind direction - this is critical.

• Funny 3

[ADRIA]
Players
232 posts
9,240 battles
1 hour ago, Igarigen said:

You get the oil when you get the container, not when you open it.

He's not talking about oil. There used to be a bug: opening containers in bulk didn't give the clan bonus % on coal/steel rewards. The bug got fixed quite fast after the uproar on the forums.

• Cool 4

[PONY]
Beta Tester
6,025 posts
10,340 battles
10 hours ago, Gebe_ said:

He's not talking about oil. There used to be a bug: opening containers in bulk didn't give the clan bonus % on coal/steel rewards. The bug got fixed quite fast after the uproar on the forums.

Ok then i did missunderstood him and i dont know the answer. Sorry.

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
4,470 posts
19,680 battles

Even though the contents are set when received, I like the feeling of opening them one after another. This way WG can disappoint me repeatedly and not just once.:Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

Beta Tester
3,159 posts
3,608 battles
54 minutes ago, Eternus_Damnatio said:

Bulk or single opening make no difference to what you get i'm just weird and like opening them one at a time.

Self-knowledge is the first step towards real wisdom, young grasshopper.* :cap_old:

What is weird, is that the option to open all available containers at once, doesn't appear until you have three containers or more. So if you have only two containers, you have to open them one at a time... :Smile_facepalm:

* Please pardon this grasshopper for using Cranky Old Master speech. It just seemed appropriate.

Players
1,142 posts
18,316 battles
On 8/1/2020 at 12:23 AM, waxx25 said:

12 hours ago, DanSilverwing said:

I have 14 hoarded WG containers, so I have to be very careful to never open all at once.

DanSilverwing basically answers what my situation currently is in that regard. Of course, the moment all of those hoarded WG containers are spent I'll revert to opening in bulk, unless a special or supercontainer drops (individual opening and screenshot).

Salute.

[ICLAN]
Players
13 posts
7,026 battles

What I observed regarding the opening of containers (I open them one by one) :

I always chose resource containers, and the third container usually is more consistent - like 3 X 400 coal, compared to usually 400 coal (or less) + other thinks I didn't ask for (but are welcome anyway)

It's not a rule and I don't even know whether these are relevant events, but it happened to me more than twice. As if it was a reward for playing more.

My comment may not be strictly related to the topic.

Anyway, opening containers all at once would make this kind of tracking impossible.

[GEUS]
[GEUS]
Players
245 posts
8,239 battles
On 8/2/2020 at 10:29 PM, DanSilverwing said:

Same here. I'm keeping those WG containers unopened, saving for a day I could really use that 24hour premium time :)