You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
gopher31

Alaska has returned!!!

21 comments in this topic

[PUPSI]
Freibeuter
12,026 posts

so only the 3x XP missions are "new/special" (and of course the big bundle with special camo ...)

[BOBS3]
Players
1,016 posts
20,059 battles
9 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

It is quite expensive too.....:Smile_sceptic:

1 000 000 FXP is a fair price for a great ship. 

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

Players
4,303 posts
5,638 battles
1 minute ago, Cambera_1 said:

When you see a glue eater in Alaska, you realize he didn't grind EXP for her but got her with wallet warrior skills.

[BHSFL]
Players
3,690 posts
15,840 battles
4 minutes ago, Cambera_1 said:

I still like the Puerto Rico a lot better :Smile_hiding:

[-TPF-]
Players
4,478 posts
18,544 battles
6 minutes ago, Hades_warrior said:

When you see a glue eater in Alaska, you realize he didn't grind EXP for her but got her with wallet warrior skills.

£50 worth of ship for nowt. Fair play if you can make it happen.

Players
4,303 posts
5,638 battles
17 minutes ago, invicta2012 said:

£50 worth of ship for nowt. Fair play if you can make it happen.

Nowt?

Her real money value was not in question but the way how someone obtain her. Its easy to tell - wallet warrior or EXP grinder who do have some skill?

[-OOF-]
Beta Tester
2,201 posts
9,975 battles
21 minutes ago, HansRoaming said:

£50 for an Internet Warship though, £10 or £20 and I would buy loads.

Alternatively get some premium time, hoard some flags through ranked or missions/containers, play until you get enough free XP to buy it and by the time you get it you also should have a pretty decent selection of other quite nice ships aswell. Sure the time investment is greater than throwing money at the screen but hey.

• Cool 2

Players
2,140 posts
20,091 battles

I can understand the desire to get the Alaska whilst I don't play mine nearly enough since getting her she is a good ship butwhen you can just grind her for free XP it seems madness to pay for her. 

Still I feel sorry for anyone who would use that awful Octodroid camo, bonuses or not those halloween camos are hideous. 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[UNICS]
Players
4,506 posts
15,942 battles
11 hours ago, HansRoaming said:

£50 for an Internet Warship though, £10 or £20 and I would buy loads.

Yea, it's crazy. Totally not worth it. ...but if you spend a lot of time in wows and enjoy the experience, you could convert the time and enjoyment for other things, such as Netflix or other subscriptions, cinema goings, other games, or whatever, and support the development of wows as a game by spending a bit now and then. 50-60€ for a virtual ship will never be money well spent, but maybe it can be seen as payment for several hundred hours of gameplay over thousands of games. Still I tend to go for premium time before spending money on the ships. Even with above explanation, I think it's overpayment for the ships. On sale, it's more reasonable.

• Cool 1

[TACHA]
Players
316 posts
5,817 battles
1 hour ago, loppantorkel said:

Yea, it's crazy. Totally not worth it. ...but if you spend a lot of time in wows and enjoy the experience, you could convert the time and enjoyment for other things, such as Netflix or other subscriptions, cinema goings, other games, or whatever, and support the development of wows as a game by spending a bit now and then. 50-60€ for a virtual ship will never be money well spent, but maybe it can be seen as payment for several hundred hours of gameplay over thousands of games. Still I tend to go for premium time before spending money on the ships. Even with above explanation, I think it's overpayment for the ships. On sale, it's more reasonable.

I buy premium time, economy flags and dubloons but £50 for a ship is a bit much.

• Cool 1

Players
4,303 posts
5,638 battles
7 hours ago, loppantorkel said:

Only Premium ship I bought in the store is Massachusetts for 40€. She is my first in over 4 years as im here and my last. I really don't like to pay for ships, and Massa is available only in the store... It would be a fun grind when she would be available as resource as well.

[H_FAN]
Players
2,727 posts
45,897 battles
8 hours ago, HansRoaming said:

I buy premium time, economy flags and dubloons but £50 for a ship is a bit much.

Yes, i fully understand that thing. It would be fun but WG will of course never release it to see the spending patterms.

I do think personally that of the players that get a little bit serious and plays at least most days for, premium time is pretty common, + a ship from time to time.

Many F2P or nearly F2 P numberwise ofc but many of these plays little or drop out.

There is ofc also a few that spends very much on crates, ships etc but probably only a few % of the players.

There are a lot of players that are very interested in ships and if your personal favourites on ships is premium only, the willingness to spend some are pretty high.

I have a decent count of what I spend and I allow myself a certain amount of money/hour spent. It is a reasonable sum of entertainment, especially now in Covid times when there is little else to spend on, can not even watch sports or concerts live although I pay for some TV-channels to watch my teams in the TV. Strange without supporters..  That has increased the amount somewhat this year.

• Cool 2

[TACHA]
Players
316 posts
5,817 battles
3 minutes ago, Gnirf said:

Yes, i fully understand that thing. It would be fun but WG will of course never release it to see the spending patterms.

I do think personally that of the players that get a little bit serious and plays at least most days for, premium time is pretty common, + a ship from time to time.

Many F2P or nearly F2 P numberwise ofc but many of these plays little or drop out.

There is ofc also a few that spends very much on crates, ships etc but probably only a few % of the players.

There are a lot of players that are very interested in ships and if your personal favourites on ships is premium only, the willingness to spend some are pretty high.

I have a decent count of what I spend and I allow myself a certain amount of money/hour spent. It is a reasonable sum of entertainment, especially now in Covid times when there is little else to spend on, can not even watch sports or concerts live although I pay for some TV-channels to watch my teams in the TV. Strange without supporters..  That has increased the amount somewhat this year.

Agree, I have a personal budget I blow on what I like each month, right now it is on WOWS although I will only get a premium with coal, fxp, coupon or a special.