Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Space_Vato

Teammates deliberately running into your torpedo's

79 comments in this topic

[LEEUW]
Players
26 posts
2,338 battles

That shouldnt be technically possible unless you fire torpedos from behind allies.

Your torps, your responsibility. 

• Cool 23

Players
1,048 posts
6,148 battles

You're the antepenultimate teamkiller who complains for his own misconduct.

Pay attention to your teammates and stop whining

• Cool 8

Players
59 posts
480 battles

So if ships make 90 degreet turn to SPECIALLY run into your torps, I'm NOT ALLOWED to complain?

Gud community.

How TOXIC

• Funny 10
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 8
  • Angry 1

[GEUS]
[GEUS]
Players
245 posts
8,280 battles

It's very much more likely the player didn't intend to run in your torpedos, but had another good reason to cross their path. 

Happened to me several times I'm brawling with my battleship, only to have some trigger happy destroyer fire torpedos into the brawl. Considering how slow my turrets turn, I'm gonna turn my ship and circle around the enemy to keep firing on them. By the time I have spotted any incoming torpedos (often from a side where I do not expect them, since there are no enemies on that side), I cannot dodge the torpedos anymore due to bad maneuverability. If that looks like I'm turning my ship into torpedos on purpose, so be it. I'm just turning my ship to keep my turrets on the target. 

• Cool 9

[NWP]
Players
1,337 posts
9,904 battles
2 minutes ago, Latouche_Treville said:

antepenultimate

love the creation of the word LOL

so not one before last but two before last.

Question what makes you so sure we will not have more than two more "Its was not my fault" threads?

I think we will have these threads ad infinitum.

Touche Monsieur Treville.

@Space_Vato pay attention my friend, here comes the truth of the matter

Your torps your pink

Players
59 posts
480 battles
5 minutes ago, Purnylla said:

It's very much more likely the player didn't intend to run in your torpedos, but had another good reason to cross their path. 

Happened to me several times I'm brawling with my battleship, only to have some trigger happy destroyer fire torpedos into the brawl. Considering how slow my turrets turn, I'm gonna turn my ship and circle around the enemy to keep firing on them. By the time I have spotted any incoming torpedos (often from a side where I do not expect them, since there are no enemies on that side), I cannot dodge the torpedos anymore due to bad maneuverability. If that looks like I'm turning my ship into torpedos on purpose, so be it. I'm just turning my ship to keep my turrets on the target. 

End of the round.

Enemy ships @ 90 degrees from the opposite side (so the playerererer turns his ship away from the last enemy ships and will never reach them).

"Let's troll DD player (not hard enough already, as a DD) and shaft him"   (*explitive...)

Crowd shows their TOXIC colours... THX

• Funny 2
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 5

[SHAFT]
Players
9,539 posts
8,850 battles
2 minutes ago, Space_Vato said:

So if ships make 90 degreet turn to SPECIALLY run into your torps, I'm NOT ALLOWED to complain?

No you are not, because your action made the whole thing possible. You think he deliberately turned into your torps, while might not have. Other players shouldnt feel the need to watch BEHIND them, because you felt the need to torp from 2nd line.

Dont torp when you have someone infront of you, case closed.

• Cool 14

[LEEUW]
Players
96 posts
14,013 battles

You launch your torpedoes from an angle he doesn't expect them. Hell i never tend to look as much backwards as I trust people to not torpedo from behind me. So you only get the warning incoming torpedoes beeping sound. Will be hard to dodge them. In my opinion the one launching them is the one that should be reported. 

Yes i might have eaten some torpedoes i could have dodged, but didn't. Does this count as eating them on purpose as i didn't change course in this case.

• Cool 1

[KAKE]
Players
2,522 posts
5,980 battles
1 minute ago, Space_Vato said:

Gud community.

How TOXIC

Or the player in question got spotted and turned to angle away from whoever could shoot them. Or they turned to bring guns to bear on a vulnerable target. Or they had any one of a ton of other good reasons to make a turn, and didn't have any reason to expect a friendly DD to be dumb enough to torp too close to them.

• Cool 10

Players
1,048 posts
6,148 battles
1 minute ago, Saltface said:

love the creation of the word LOL

so not one before last but two before last.

Question what makes you so sure we will not have more than two more "Its was not my fault" threads?

I think we will have these threads ad infinitum.

Touche Monsieur Treville.

@Space_Vato pay attention my friend, here comes the truth of the matter

Your torps your pink

I checked on a dictionnary

https://dictionnaire.reverso.net/francais-anglais/ant%C3%A9penulti%C3%A8me  :Smile_bajan2:

[NWP]
Players
1,337 posts
9,904 battles
1 minute ago, Latouche_Treville said:

I checked on a dictionnary

the word is very valid my friend... and I loved reading it...

I just joked about only two more

Cheers

Salt

• Cool 1

Players
813 posts
8,875 battles

I just do not launch torpedoes anymore if there is an ally that could potentially turn and get hit.

Even if you warn them in chat there is no assurance they will understand or see your warning.

So is always your fault.

I tend to believe Italian torpedos being so slow and long range tend to increase the chances of friendly fire, as nobody pay attention to them and DDs specially being so fast can turn into them.

In any case is my fault and I apologize. 

If there is someone out there with in game suicidal tendencies, is still my fault :)

• Cool 4

[POP]
Players
598 posts
11,711 battles
6 minutes ago, Space_Vato said:

NEVER MIND... I'll get me coat...

That's the spirit!

Now be a man, eat your humble pie and take a note from the old guys.

Pink happens, it's not a big deal.

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
26,201 posts
14,119 battles
15 minutes ago, Space_Vato said:

Gud community.

How TOXIC

It is toxic to torp from second line and complain about it when you hit a friendly...

• Cool 1

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
13,781 posts
19,478 battles
18 minutes ago, Space_Vato said:

Yes.

• Cool 2

[THESO]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
3,206 posts
7,652 battles
31 minutes ago, Space_Vato said:

Is that a thing?

Worth reporting via a replay?

Dont even bother.

Both WG and the Majority in this Forum have that Idea that someone Deliberately pulling a 180 degree turn just to catch your Torps is still your Fault no matter what.

I had People here Claim its My Fault when a French DD used his Speed Boost to Overtake my 35 knot Aircraft Torpedoes that I dropped facing away from his Position.

Because Clearly him Overtaking and Catching my Torps is absolutely my Fault.

People in this Forum are Unreasonable like that.

My Answer by now is to Basicly Just Torp Second Line all I want and Ignore it when PeeeP run into my Torps. Usually Reporting them for Playing Badly and Playing a Different Ship for 2 Battles.

After all. If its my fault anyways I can just as well do something worth being my Fault.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 3

[XTREM]
[XTREM]
Players
1,587 posts
13,516 battles

@Space_Vato More often than not players don't purposefully run into your torps, they just don't usually expect them to come from, you know - teammates torping behind them.

Yeah yeah, this isn't what you wanted to hear, I'm so TOXIC, shame on me. 

• Cool 3
  • Funny 2

[XTREM]
[XTREM]
Players
1,587 posts
13,516 battles
8 minutes ago, Sunleader said:

Dont even bother.

Both WG and the Majority in this Forum have that Idea that someone Deliberately pulling a 180 degree turn just to catch your Torps is still your Fault no matter what.

How do you know for sure it was deliberate? For example, He/She could have just been a dumbf@%$

:Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1

[FMJ]
Players
56 posts
1,349 battles

I dont think anyone has said anything particularly "toxic". Anyone is allowed to complain but it has to be accepted that if you complain in a public forum then others are equally allowed to voice their opinions.

Importantly in some situations such as this, if people have spotted a mistake in gameplay and have tried to offer the best way to handle the situation, which is the general consensus here, it is worth considering their opinions and perhaps altering your play-style to avoid the situation you are unhappy with.

An unwritten rule of WoWs I learnt very early on is If a person wants to fire torpedoes it is that persons responsibility to check the area around them and ensure that no friendlies can accidentally sail into the path of the torpedoes. Sometimes this may mean not firing because there is a risk of friendly fire.

As Jingles says, once you fire torpedoes they are no-ones friends.

• Cool 4

Players
866 posts
8,891 battles
27 minutes ago, Space_Vato said:

Gud community.

How TOXIC

Or how about you dont launch torps from behind your team members they tend to be focused on what is in front of them it isn't hard to work out.

Simple truth you are at fault :Smile_facepalm:

• Cool 5
  • Funny 1

[LEEUW]
Players
439 posts
7,032 battles

Who cares anyway? Just be pink for 2 matches and move on. We all had those moments.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this