Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
viceadmiral123

Blanket adjustment for rocket planes

8 comments in this topic

Players
1,106 posts
21,024 battles

Here is an idea for balancing the rocket planes of aircraft carriers :

increase the preparation time of the strike so that a rocket squad cannot spot a DD at 2.5km AND strike it on the same pass.

Not intended for Enterprise in particular, but include it in the blanket adjustment.

Feel free to redirect this thread to any of the locked CV threads.

• Boring 1

[BHSFL]
Players
3,439 posts

Increasing the preperation time ( nerfing ) was done multiple times already. All tier strike fighters  once used to have T4 strike fighter  like preperation time......and could turn on a dime like them.

AND.....coming patches will nerf the visibility of DD in half ( it will become ~ 1.6 km )  so it is not possible to line up on a DD without an outside source of spotting. Unless that DD has it's AA on.

So the DD will be responsible for it's own fate : if AA is on or it is spotted by others ( enemy DD ) it will be destroyed as usual. If not it will have a lot of chances to evoid or evade attacks.

No further nerfing is needed.

• Cool 1

[PUPSI]
Players
733 posts
2,467 battles
3 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

coming patches will nerf the visibility of DD in half ( it will become ~ 1.6 km )  so it is not possible to line up on a DD without an outside source of spotting

Is this confirmed, or just an idea that's been tested? I'll believe it when I see it in the patch notes

[-TPF-]
Players
3,830 posts
15,771 battles

They have already gone this way. Attack preparation time was lengthened for several CVs and the planned change to DD detection distances will also have an effect. Reducing the number of possible attack runs may also make a difference but overall the problem for a DD is that once it's spotted the CV has a pretty good idea of where it is and also where it will be, even if the CV player has to take the time to fly off another squadron of attack planes. 

Example: Raptor Rescue is Op of the week. The first ship you see in that Op is a Minekaze. In a CV I will always over fly it, but that isn't a problem, as I can just pull a 180 and come back, knowing where it will be. Even with improved DD detection I will still be able to find it and attack it, simply by launching my attack run early so I don't have to set up the run, just react when the DD is spotted. DDs may be able to manouevre out of the way - bots don't, of course - but that often leads to the DD getting stuck in an unfavourable location, either in badly positioned smoke or with smoke on cooldown.

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
13,784 posts
19,478 battles
1 hour ago, Beastofwar said:

Increasing the preperation time ( nerfing ) was done multiple times already. All tier strike fighters  once used to have T4 strike fighter  like preperation time......and could turn on a dime like them.

It was done once.

The preparation time used to be shorter than T4 with different aiming characteristics altogether.

Maneuverability hasn't changed.

1 hour ago, Beastofwar said:

AND.....coming patches will nerf the visibility of DD in half

This was in ST since 0.9.5. This change was not found on 0.9.7 PTS. There is no mention of it in the recently released 0.9.8 ST patchnotes.

Either they're taking a lot of time with testing this change, it's going to show up unannounced or it has been dropped.

Stop with the lies.

• Boring 1

[BHSFL]
Players
3,439 posts
20 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

Stop with the lies.

So you will eat your shoe when it is in the patch notes ? :Smile_teethhappy::Smile_trollface:

• Boring 1

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
13,784 posts
19,478 battles
4 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

So you will eat your shoe when it is in the patch notes ?

I fail to see why given that nothing I stated is untruthful unlike what you said about nerfs to rocket planes among other things.

Sign in to follow this