Flandre Bug Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
xXKiller_BotXx

Strong Willed Campaign Spotting Damage

10 comments in this topic

Players
9 posts
7,485 battles

I don't play much high tiers so some of these missions are difficult for me, i know they are repeatable but the rewards are pretty good, anyway, i made my way up to mission 4, in Task 7 you have to get 115k hp spotting damage in a game and survive, is there any trick to it? do you just make your way to enemy spawn and sit there? The only high tier DD i have is the Freisland but dont play them often. 

EDIT: Got it first try after reading your guys' suggestions , it was super easy, thanks!

[CATS]
Players
29,642 posts
15,312 battles
  • survive, that means you should not overextend
  • keep the enemies spotted
  • it works best on maps with much cover
  • when your team is very aggressive, they spot their targets themselves, that is something you cannot control
  • Cool 1

[UNICS]
Players
4,506 posts
15,942 battles

Only use that Friesland smoke in defence and when killing enemy dds. Let the others farm damage while you just loiter around spotting for them.

• Cool 2

[BHSFL]
Players
3,690 posts
2 hours ago, xXKiller_BotXx said:

I don't play much high tiers so some of these missions are difficult for me, i know they are repeatable but the rewards are pretty good, anyway, i made my way up to mission 4, in Task 7 you have to get 115k hp spotting damage in a game and survive, is there any trick to it? do you just make your way to enemy spawn and sit there? The only high tier DD i have is the Freisland but dont play them often. 

I have completed that campaign for some weeks now and i did most of them in tier X CV !

I don't know anymore what the restrictions of that mission are but if spotting does not have a restricted sources CV can get 115k spotting damage easily. And live. That is what they usually do :Smile_teethhappy:

Else you will have to get a DD and keep away from anyone attacking you. So matches with no CV, no capping, stay clear of enemy DD and radar Cruisers ( may get lucky with 1 DD match ) and preferably do not torpedo  ( enemies will know where you are tracking down were torpedos came from.) It will be a ninja misison where you contribute only by spotting. Not sure if your team mates will be happy with that one. :Smile_sceptic:

Or an odd match where you do DD stuff normally and get lucky...but those may be far and between.....

If you want to complete the campaign in time i would advise you to pick the easy ones ( that gather progress every match you play ) and keep repeating them. The rest for rewards/challenge you can always do later until the camapign expires. But then at least you have the commander.

• Cool 1

[KAKE]
Players
2,785 posts
6,795 battles
2 hours ago, xXKiller_BotXx said:

I did it yesterday in the Jutland. Almost screwed it up because I got caught between the last two surviving enemy cruisers, but thankfully they couldn't shoot for :etc_swear: and I got out of it with a teensy bit of health remaining. Got a Dreadnought as well :Smile_trollface:

Friesland should pretty much be ideal for it. Decent enough concealment, good smoke. The hydro is nice, since you can tuck into an island somewhere and keep enemies on the other side of it spotted with hydro for a bit of extra, relatively risk-free spotting damage.

Basically just play cautiously and prioritize keeping enemies spotted over dealing damage yourself. IIRC you don't even have to win the match. The random element lies in having teammates that actually know to shoot the ships you keep spotted, so it might take a few games before you hit the sweet spot, but shouldn't take too long.

• Cool 1

[BHSFL]
Players
3,690 posts
54 minutes ago, Uglesett said:

I did it yesterday in the Jutland. Almost screwed it up because I got caught between the last two surviving enemy cruisers, but thankfully they couldn't shoot for :etc_swear: and I got out of it with a teensy bit of health remaining. Got a Dreadnought as well :Smile_trollface:

Friesland should pretty much be ideal for it. Decent enough concealment, good smoke. The hydro is nice, since you can tuck into an island somewhere and keep enemies on the other side of it spotted with hydro for a bit of extra, relatively risk-free spotting damage.

Basically just play cautiously and prioritize keeping enemies spotted over dealing damage yourself. IIRC you don't even have to win the match. The random element lies in having teammates that actually know to shoot the ships you keep spotted, so it might take a few games before you hit the sweet spot, but shouldn't take too long.

Frieslands have the tendency to attract charging BB's in my opinion. Getting fire hosed from smoke enfuriates them and they know you do not have torpedo's contrary to Smolenks's.........and in open water Frieslands concealment is not that good......it is a good DD killer in a supportive role. In my opinion it is a miniature Cruiser and not a DD....

That is why i hurried to get the EU Tier IX Ostergottland for campaign requirements my CV's could not fullfill. That is a better DD ( a real DD ) compared to the Friesland at least.

• Boring 1

[KAKE]
Players
2,785 posts
6,795 battles
11 minutes ago, Asakka said:

Just do it with CV

Assuming OP has a T10 CV...

7 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

Frieslands have the tendency to attract charging BB in my opinion. Getting fire hosed from smoke enfuriates them and they know you do not have torpedo's.........and in open water Frieslands concealment is not that good......it is a good DD killer in a supportive role. In my opinion it is a miniature Cruiser....

You know, it sure would be nice if you actually read what you responded to.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Players
61 posts
4,771 battles

My protip:

Smoke up all the friendly ships on your flank, try make them completely blind. Then you stick your head out of said smoke and volia... every shell that hits the enemy is contributed to your spotting.

I got almost 300k spotting with gearing this way.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Sign in to follow this