You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Barney_Wobba

CV's: not fun

50 comments in this topic

[VNGC]
Players
147 posts
3,604 battles

Not played much latelyt but I had a good game just now until a set of planes killed me in my T8 Edinburgh as if I was a piece of deadwood on the ocean. It was a great game for me vs t10's. I dont mind the T10's, but the CV was like: all my hp gone one strike. It was a T8 CV...

They ruin the game for me.

• Cool 10
  • Boring 4
  • Bad 1

Players
2,634 posts
18,845 battles
5 hours ago, Barney_Wobba said:

Not played much latelyt but I had a good game just now until a set of planes killed me in my T8 Edinburgh as if I was a piece of deadwood on the ocean. It was a great game for me vs t10's. I dont mind the T10's, but the CV was like: all my hp gone one strike. It was a T8 CV...

Did you perhaps detonate?

Players
1,633 posts
18,223 battles

CVs ruin the game for a lot of people sadly and it’s not helped by the current lack of balancing in that regard, beyond hoping the CV player is incompetent. 

The best thing you can do is try to mitigate the amount of damage the CV does by setting your AA priority sector and try to dodge ( although how best to do that depends a lot if what CV it was and what strike aircraft). 

If you would like some suggestions on damage limitation I’m happy to offer my input OP. 

• Cool 1

[BHSFL]
Players
3,474 posts

If getting destroyed in the game is no fun for you....do not play PvP modes :Smile_teethhappy:

And even the COOP /Operations bots may do that.....

• Bad 4

[NMA]
Players
1,221 posts
18,585 battles

Need to drop a comment here fast, while mods are still sleeping.... :Smile_hiding:

• Funny 3

[PUPSI]
Players
741 posts
2,496 battles
7 hours ago, Barney_Wobba said:

It was a T8 CV...

Was it the new German T8, August von Parseval? The new KM CVs have AP rockets that can do nasty things to cruiser citadels, so angling against attack planes is important.

On the plus side (from my point of view, as someone who doesn't enjoy playing CVs), AP rockets don't wreck DDs nearly as hard as HE.

Players
1,438 posts
6,770 battles

You should expect the CV coming and not go into positions where you can easily be one struck. It's the same as not charging into focus fire.  A lot of people just ignore the CV in their thought process and consider it to be an unpredictable threat. You should watch the mini map to see where the planes go, if they take your side and you're in a vulnerable ship  then play very cautiously and stay near to high AA ships.

[NECRO]
Players
433 posts

Wait, there are still people playing random games and complaining about CV while there is a coop mode?

• Cool 1

Players
139 posts
4,455 battles
8 hours ago, Barney_Wobba said:

Use your smoke and become friends with plane shredders like Richelieu. If you sit alone far away from the team flying karma will come. 

• Funny 3
  • Boring 1

Players
139 posts
4,455 battles
1 hour ago, quickr said:

Need to drop a comment here fast, while mods are still sleeping.... :Smile_hiding:

Its 9.30 in my country at the time of your post, why would they still be in bed ?

• Cool 1

[NMA]
Players
1,221 posts
18,585 battles
7 minutes ago, Nebuched said:

Its 9.30 in my country at the time of your post, why would they still be in bed ?

:Smile_sceptic:

[NECRO]
Players
433 posts
10 minutes ago, Nebuched said:

Pretty sure they can do their jobs while being in bed.

Being asleep could slightly reduce their effectivness, though.

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
13,793 posts
19,501 battles
20 minutes ago, Nebuched said:

plane shredders like Richelieu

You're joking, right?

• Funny 1

Players
813 posts
8,924 battles

Every time I am in a battle with CVs, 2 or 4 of them, I ask myself, why oh why? Why is this class in the game at all?

I am sure more than half of the players want it out of the game completely.

How can you have a class in the game that is hated by a significant part of your players? Not tolerated like the first iteration, just hated.

I had a game on the Amalfi, enemy T8 CV took half my HPs in 3 attacks. Nothing that I could do. In around 90 seconds the guy got me out of the game.

• Cool 1

Players
84 posts
7,398 battles
1 hour ago, Beastofwar said:

If getting destroyed in the game is no fun for you....do not play PvP modes

Or play CVs too.

Low tier already has to fill places with bots so all the CVs can actually get games, because it’s such a fun experience for surface ships. 

• Cool 2

[PISH]
Players
370 posts
3,068 battles

Meanwhile I play a mobility radar Edinburgh and laugh my way to the bank.

• Funny 1

[IDDQD]
Players
482 posts
12,704 battles
2 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

You're joking, right?

and here we go again. The man who never lost a single pilot's life, the legend of the skies

because having over 300 AA DPS (400+ with Sector AA) is absolutely no deal for T8 CV. Pair that with Edin's 200+ (300+ with Sector) and we have 700 AA DPS combined meaning every 2-3 seconds a plane will die. And that's outside the Sector's 5% initial burst (10% for both ships) and possible flak hits (that you will obviously all dodge)

Will that stop CV to drop Edin? no, he will get hit probably once, rest of the planes will die. Will that cause "planes came and my whole ship HP was gone bruh" situation OP destribed? definitely not

OP obviously has problems to deal with planes, so what about just for ONCE you would come in and try to help instead of your usual "rework is crap, AA is a myth and better uninstall". 

I really love opinions of players who complain about irrelevant plane looses and AA in the game, but play just the one single CV that can print the planes and loose 100 and still field full squad

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 4

[HAMAR]
Players
355 posts
11 hours ago, Barney_Wobba said:

Did you do nothing? You just sat there in your Edinburgh and let German CV ( probable German from the damage) hit your broadside with ap rockets without trying to angle against the salvo? You know you just have to angle a little bit and take little to no damage.

What about the smoke generator? 

German planes are like paper so it is effective to sail with other ships for AA. Especially T10 ships.

You know that if you are playing a T8 cruiser in a T10 game and there is a T8 CV in the enemy team you are one of the main target for that T8 CV. 

• Cool 1

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
13,793 posts
19,501 battles
1 hour ago, RAYvenMP said:

try to help

There is nothing I can contribute that hasn't already been stated.

Your conclusions are wrong btw.

• Cool 3

[BABBY]
Players
682 posts
10,287 battles
6 hours ago, Nebuched said:

Use your smoke and become friends with plane shredders like Richelieu.

Wait, what?

Players
471 posts
8,462 battles

whilst i dislike the current state of cvs i just had a game with none nor dds present and it was the campiest game i've ever seen.......utterly boring, a cv would have spiced it up a little

Players
139 posts
4,455 battles
1 hour ago, BlackYeti said:

Wait, what?

Maybe topless Marianne just smiles upon me, but Richelieu puts out a decent amount of flak-tho I do have to admit I have a big stash of aa flags.