You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Europizza

I'd love a solo mode with intelligent bots

Solo mode with intelligent bots  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Would you play a solo mode with intelligent bots and regular coop rewards?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

45 comments in this topic

Players
2,608 posts
18,810 battles

Tonight I played a coop match that wasn't silly. I know right? It was just bots and me, no other human players cutting the match short racing kills/damage/ribbons. The battle lasted for 12 minutes!

For some reason the bots were all over the place, didnt ram eachother and actually had proper gunfights by accident, because I know these coop bots are stupid as hell. But somehow the stars aligned and a match unfolded where I could relax and enjoy the german carrier i was in without all the frustrating bits. I had fun. This made me think.

I would LOVE a challenging solo mode where bots are rather good and intelligent, i know these bos already exist. So I can relax when I'm not in the mood for pvp, enjoy the ships I like, at any tier I fancy, without having to worry about which broken META is the new hype. I don't even care about the rewards, the chill gameplay would be reward enough, but lets say the rewards are like the regular coop rewards.

Can we have something nice like that? Would you play that?

• Cool 12
  • Boring 1

[CSADD]
Players
172 posts

How about setting up a 1 vs 12 training mode. Start with 12 High AI Tier 1's and work your way up to 12x Tier 10... see where your limit is, in your favorite ship. Tier mix choice is unlimited in training.

• Cool 4

Players
2,608 posts
18,810 battles
5 minutes ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

Nice idea but... who will you then blame for losing? :Smile_hiding:

The bots ofc :fish_haloween:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 1

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
4,751 posts
5,290 battles

The bots are already smarter than a considerable % of the active online player base, what more do you want?!

• Cool 5
  • Funny 7

Players
2,608 posts
18,810 battles
31 minutes ago, SexyBikiniGirl said:

How about setting up a 1 vs 12 training mode. Start with 12 High AI Tier 1's and work your way up to 12x Tier 10... see where your limit is, in your favorite ship. Tier mix choice is unlimited in training.

Thanks for the tip! I never realised I could just set up a regular match with only bots inthere. Just set up a 12 vs. 12 training room with all smart bots as a test. Me in a tier IV german carrier, 3 dd's 2 BB's rest cruisers, most tier V and VI. It was entertaining and I ended up 8th lol! I'll experiment with the tiers and other ships to see where I'm actually having a hard time winning a match.

Setting it up is a bit of a chore though. I prefer a solo mode with regular coop rewards where the team composition and map is randomly matched by MM based on the ship I pick.

• Cool 3
  • Bad 1

[DUXTR]
Alpha Tester
933 posts

Seeing how randoms have turned out, this is actually an upgrade.

Just add some random thrash and hax talk from some of the bots and we are set.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 5

[BHSFL]
Players
3,439 posts

When not  killed when still following their script  to their destination and free to move around AI can already pull off feats you would never believe. But bots rarely live long enough for that.

I think most of us may have fought glorious and desparate  last stand battles against bots that were better then any PvP match ever. You surely use your secondary batteries and torpedoes more.

So maybe not script ( restrict ) the bots too much ? It may well prove we ( humans ) can't handle that :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 4
  • Boring 1

[L4GG]
Players
3,055 posts
10,564 battles
1 hour ago, Europizza said:

Tonight I played a coop match that wasn't silly. I know right? It was just bots and me, no other human players cutting the match short racing kills/damage/ribbons. The battle lasted for 12 minutes!

For some reason the bots were all over the place, didnt ram eachother and actually had proper gunfights by accident, because I know these coop bots are stupid as hell. But somehow the stars aligned and a match unfolded where I could relax and enjoy the german carrier i was in without all the frustrating bits. I had fun. This made me think.

I would LOVE a challenging solo mode where bots are be rather good and intelligent, i know these bos already exist. So I can relax when I'm not in the mood for pvp, enjoy the ships I like, at any tier I fancy, without having to worry about which broken META is the new hype. I don't even care about the rewards, the chill gameplay would be reward enough, but lets say the rewards are like the regular coop rewards.

Can we have something nice like that? Would you play that?

No, you wont relax .

No, you won't chill.

Please no

No, i wont play such a thing.

1 - why bother with Meta ships?

In the last t6 sprint, Bayern and Nurnberg, both outside the Meta, got me rank 1. And i had fun

In the last t7 sprint  Gneisenau and Shchors both outside the Meta, got me rank 1. And i had fun

2 - I have four words for you.

tweaked  Ultimate Frontier operation, that's why.

I don't want to see those psico bots ever again

3 - As is, it's just fine. That type of games happens, time to time.

you just got one

I got a few ones, in the last one i've got, Bayern totally outclassed Bismarck and Gneisenau in secondaries hits ( i was doing a mission ) and more, plenty other player get this kinda of match too, they are a bit harder because they add the surprise element against the player.

4 - Seriously, it was a nightmare with random teams, it will be hell with co-op players, let alone with a solo game. And what you are seeking, already exist in random, at least, there you are facing human players that can make mistakes not [edited]t-1000's hellbent to sink you no matter what.

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 2

Players
2,608 posts
18,810 battles
2 minutes ago, Butterdoll said:

No, you wont relax .

No, you won't chill.

Please no

Hey man, it's fine. You wouldn't have to play it if you don't want to. :Smile_amazed:

Spoiler

What I'm seeking is defenitely not what you're saying I am. Coop is a horrible kill and damage race, boring, silly and over in 3 to 5 minutes. Defenitly not relaxing, just stupid resource gathering, a farm sim. Random is nice, but not when I just want to chillax and enjoy the beautiful ships, a bit of a brawl and the scenery. I really do not enjoy playing with human players that throw away wins in the most boring way possible by being terribad and having to work extremely hard to carry a team , full of inert plonkers, against a team of decent players, which is half the random battles these days. I also never play my low and mid tiers anymore because I'm tired of the constant 2, 4 and 6 carrier matches in those tiers.

I've set up 3 solo bot training matches tonight, to see where WG is at. Me in a bottom IV tier in a CV, next match a bottom tier IV cruiser and last one a mid tier DD. I did relax. And I did chill tonight. :cap_cool:

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Players
345 posts
2,098 battles
53 minutes ago, Butterdoll said:

Please no

Then... it won't...  effect you.... will it.... .... .....  ...... 0_0  

Eyebrow Raise Confused GIF - EyebrowRaise Confused Curious ...

43 minutes ago, Europizza said:

I've set up 3 solo bot training matches tonight, to see where WG is at. Me in a bottom IV tier in a CV, next match a bottom tier IV cruiser and last one a mid tier DD. I did relax. And I did chill tonight. :cap_cool:

Try 3 v 3 Carrier only matches... it's hilarious as the lack of other ships forces the AI to try to cap using the CV's - results in a massive secondaries brawl with the sky utterly filled with flak and exploding planes.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[-LA-]
Players
663 posts
4,804 battles

well the pvp mode is just an execise in tedium and rustration so id welcome any improvements to the pve side of the game

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

Players
866 posts
8,891 battles

What you describe is essentially scenarios if they added more and varied the tiers more that would be cool.
Also I miss clicked my vote meant to click maybe not no.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
300 posts
5,819 battles

Ask OpenAI to handle wows. Might be surprising what meta the AI develops

Players
2,830 posts

good grief, some people get triggered as if they are not huge chunks of the playerbase that are just PVE. As in every other game effort must be made to satisfy both crowds. I used to play both modes, as I liked them both, but I don't play at all now. Frankly I'm better, got my time back, found gems to have fun and I have no frustration at all. I'm calm and collected. It's like when I stopped playing Rust and I haven't touched that game for a year. 

• Cool 4
  • Boring 1

[NMA]
Players
1,221 posts
18,556 battles

Don't really see the appeal or the point of it. Maybe an operation, some scenario battle, but TDM with nothing but bots on both side.. hard pass.

Players
2,608 posts
18,810 battles
48 minutes ago, Execute0rder66 said:

"

"I'd love a solo mode with intelligent bots"

But we already have one, it is called "Random Mode".

Those are not intelligent :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 4
  • Boring 1

Players
265 posts
5,055 battles

I don't play coop, because the bots are not challenging at all, however:

The bots in the submarine battles were a delight! Better than most players, certainly better than me. My only gripe, they knew exactly when and where torps were being launched, that's just cheating. I'd be all over a single player mode like that.

• Cool 1

Players
139 posts
4,455 battles
11 hours ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

Nice idea but... who will you then blame for losing? :Smile_hiding:

The bots, of course...

• Cool 1

Players
2,608 posts
18,810 battles
45 minutes ago, Bindolaf_Werebane said:

I don't play coop, because the bots are not challenging at all, however:

The bots in the submarine battles were a delight! Better than most players, certainly better than me. My only gripe, they knew exactly when and where torps were being launched, that's just cheating. I'd be all over a single player mode like that.

The current bots in coop are on a low setting so you are absolutely right. Ive played some test rounds with all bots on high and its already more fun then coop, also because there are no fellow humans farming and hoarding cutting matches short and yoloing even worse then the bots do. That so destroys all and any immersion for me personally.

Bots on high setting are not yoloing every situation, but there is lots of room for improvement. I do see bots dying by torps a lot in these tests by the way.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Players
3,306 posts
14,059 battles

They tried better bots. They were too good for co-op players so got binned. I’m not making this up btw.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
2,608 posts
18,810 battles
6 minutes ago, Bear__Necessities said:

They tried better bots. They were too good for co-op players so got binned. I’m not making this up btw.

Yeah ikr :cap_fainting:

As I understand that is because coop is mainly used as a farming tool. Better bots hinder that. So weird to play ships just to farm. To each their own though. Id love to have fun with better bots in a new solo mode. Im thinking about some suggestions to settings and what to do when you get sunk.

• Boring 1

[BHSFL]
Players
3,439 posts
4 hours ago, lossi_2018 said:

good grief, some people get triggered as if they are not huge chunks of the playerbase that are just PVE. As in every other game effort must be made to satisfy both crowds. I used to play both modes, as I liked them both, but I don't play at all now. Frankly I'm better, got my time back, found gems to have fun and I have no frustration at all. I'm calm and collected. It's like when I stopped playing Rust and I haven't touched that game for a year. 

When ignoring the WR crazed idea's of some this game can be very enjoyable too. Aren't all enemies just red like they all are* ? Be it bot or human ?

* " Gods or demons, animals or men. To me it makes no difference when I go berserk"  lyrics Fight.Kill.DIe by Battlebeast :Smile_teethhappy::Smile_teethhappy:

But indeed other games are very good to enjoy in between too. or this one in between of them. :Smile_glasses:

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[I-J-N]
Players
4,168 posts
1 hour ago, Bear__Necessities said:

BTW, have you or anyone noticed certain 'strange behaviour' in Coop lately when it comes to enemy team bots and their tactics?