Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
NikolayKuznetsov

Stop scamming me for 4 doubloons

42 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[UKGB]
Players
520 posts
2,497 battles

Stop scamming me for 4 doubloons because I forget to double, triple and quadruple check how many signals I have before every battle. It is petty and it achieves nothing but making me dislike your game. Give people an option "Do not/do buy signals for doubloons" Having to count signals before every battle is the most annoying thing, all it does is annoy me, let me turn it off.

  • Cool 20
  • Boring 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SHAFT]
Players
9,448 posts
8,811 battles

Probably easier to use Modstation and activate "stingy by default"

image.thumb.png.073aab524e756efebda4dcbd4242b4de.png

  • Cool 4
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[PISH]
Players
369 posts
3,065 battles

Or you could you know not mount them until you stockpile enough.

  • Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[XTREM]
[XTREM]
Players
1,573 posts
13,484 battles

There's a box immediately below the signals window you can un-check, that's what you're looking for. 

  • Cool 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NMA]
Players
1,221 posts
18,484 battles
6 minutes ago, NikolayKuznetsov said:

Give people an option "Do not/do buy signals for doubloons"

there is such an option ingame

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Modder
4,868 posts
22,110 battles
5 minutes ago, quickr said:

there is such an option ingame

Which is auto turned on and it's switching from off to on, when You take off signals. With mod You can turn it off permanently.

  • Cool 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[UKGB]
Players
520 posts
2,497 battles
8 minutes ago, Miragetank90 said:

There's a box immediately below the signals window you can un-check, that's what you're looking for. 

Nobody can understand what that checkbox means, it's vague - it uses "currency" to describe what I guess are doubloons and it checks itself back on every time you mount a flag on a ship. I came up with a solution, if they insist on scamming me out of 4 doubloons, I'm going free to play, no more premium time, no more doubloons. I'm sick of counting flags, if I don't have doubloons, I don't need to worry about counting flags before every battle.

  • Cool 4
  • Funny 5
  • Boring 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CATS]
Players
26,078 posts
14,090 battles
2 minutes ago, NikolayKuznetsov said:

Nobody Most of the WoWs playerbase cannot understand what that checkbox means, it's vague too complicated for them- ....

Fixed it for you.

  • Funny 3
  • Boring 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NMA]
Players
1,221 posts
18,484 battles
12 minutes ago, Odo_Toothless said:

Which is auto turned on and it's switching from off to on, when You take off signals. With mod You can turn it off permanently.

I guess some of us are better at flag and resource management  than others :cap_yes:

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
262 posts
7,686 battles
9 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Fixed it for you.

 

Not really. "In-game currency" is vague in a game that has multiple in game currencies. I would consider silver to be the in-game currency with doubloons being the premium currency. To serve as a clear explanation of the function to someone not already in the know it needs to outright say doubloons. Also defaulting to using premium currency is dodgy practice. I don't get caught out by it, in the same way I don't get caught out by checkboxes hidden away at the bottom of installation screens wanting to change my search engine to bing, but that doesn't mean I don't consider the people behind the software dishonest scumbags for trying to pull it.

  • Cool 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[XTREM]
[XTREM]
Players
1,573 posts
13,484 battles
21 minutes ago, NikolayKuznetsov said:

Nobody can understand what that checkbox means, it's vague - it uses "currency" to describe what I guess are doubloons and it checks itself back on every time you mount a flag on a ship. I came up with a solution, if they insist on scamming me out of 4 doubloons, I'm going free to play, no more premium time, no more doubloons. I'm sick of counting flags, if I don't have doubloons, I don't need to worry about counting flags before every battle.

 

I think you're right in that the explanation could be worded better. Maybe a translation issue? idk. 

 

Anyways, I think your solution is a bit extreme, and they are not legit trying to scam you. But to each his own. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CATS]
Players
26,078 posts
14,090 battles
7 minutes ago, Unknown_Lifeform said:

 

Not really. "In-game currency" is vague in a game that has multiple in game currencies. I would consider silver to be the in-game currency with doubloons being the premium currency. To serve as a clear explanation of the function to someone not already in the know it needs to outright say doubloons. Also defaulting to using premium currency is dodgy practice. I don't get caught out by it, in the same way I don't get caught out by checkboxes hidden away at the bottom of installation screens wanting to change my search engine to bing, but that doesn't mean I don't consider the people behind the software dishonest scumbags for trying to pull it.

You were one of the players I was writing about. You seem to spend your Doubloons outside of the game :cap_like:

  • Boring 3
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NMA]
Players
1,221 posts
18,484 battles
12 hours ago, Unknown_Lifeform said:

Not really. "In-game currency" is vague in a game that has multiple in game currencies.

Not as vague as you think, it just requires a bit of reading.

 

111.jpg.28bb94d7dc1d5007d8661b82f4732600.jpg

 

Currency is whatever it say on the cost label. It can be credits, free xp, doubloons, coal, steel, etc...

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[GEUS]
[GEUS]
Players
244 posts
8,066 battles
16 hours ago, quickr said:

there is such an option ingame

As far as I'm aware, the option only lets you choose between two options;

- do not resupply signals, which means they will not be automatically readded to your ship, even when you have a stockpile of them

- do resupply signals, which means they will be automatically readded and will cost you doubloons when you are out of stock

 

The option that we do not have, which I'd very much like to have, is 

- do not spend doubloons on buying new signals, but do readd those that I have in stock

 

That's how I understood the options were are given. If it works differently, the interface isn't clear about how stuff works, IMO.

 

  • Funny 1
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NMA]
Players
1,221 posts
18,484 battles
8 minutes ago, Purnylla said:

The option that we do not have, which I'd very much like to have, is 

- do not spend doubloons on buying new signals, but do readd those that I have in stock

That is exactly what we have in game right now

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[GEUS]
[GEUS]
Players
244 posts
8,066 battles
Just now, quickr said:

That is exactly what we have in game right now

Well, that's interesting. How would I need to set stuff up to get it working like that? Because the interface isn't very clear to me, and I do not want the risk of spending any doubloons on resupplying signals. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BHSFL]
Players
3,370 posts

Don't have doubloons without a purpose......that is my solution.

 

I am not laughing at OP because when i leave doubloons lingering that happens to me too, despite switches usually being set to off. Just as he says, without checking, double checking and triple checking they will deduct doubloons because of camo/flag switching and managing on ships.

 

Sometimes you do want a supply of FREE flags and camo's to be resupplied but to stop when when they have run out.

 

And not automaticly resupplied with costs and without a confirmation question box !!!

 

So....i do not keep doubloons around ( = not buy them ) without a purpose on which they are spent inmidiatly.

  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
419 posts
10,231 battles

You should remember that WG decided to start HE spam at tier 1 because they decided that players were too stupid to choose (it was too hard).

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NMA]
Players
1,221 posts
18,484 battles
10 minutes ago, Purnylla said:

Well, that's interesting. How would I need to set stuff up to get it working like that? Because the interface isn't very clear to me, and I do not want the risk of spending any doubloons on resupplying signals.  

Ok, so.... This "enable" thingy:

1.jpg.a2c38fa24dc3e474e0fb268778985500.jpg

 

will automatically resupply your flags after each match. As long as you got them in your inventory or you can afford to buy them, if you enable this, you'll start the match with same flags you had match before.

 

But if you untick this:

 

22222.jpg.83c37444e98ef6b5a12c8ff8d71270cd.jpg

 

It means you will start a match with same flags as the match before that one, BUT(!!) if you run out of the flags, the game WON'T(!!) automatically buy them and equip them.

(In this example, after I spend 3 papa papa flags, game won't automatically spend 8 doubloons to refill it. After 3 games I'll enter the match with zulu hotel flags as I got plenty of those, but without papa papa flags)

 

Resupplying with in game currency is whatever it is written here:

 

33333.jpg.e324c16622f6f98f0146010528487aff.jpg

 

 

 

I hope it makes things clearer now. :Smile_honoring:

 

 

  • Cool 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
561 posts
4,263 battles

Also, you have the same option as well in the camouflage section. For 22500 credits per game (regular price) you will ALWAYS have a base camo (reduced visibility and increased enemy dispersion). If you enable auto-resupply, at least.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
262 posts
7,686 battles
5 hours ago, quickr said:

Not as vague as you think, it just requires a bit of reading.

 

111.jpg.28bb94d7dc1d5007d8661b82f4732600.jpg

 

Currency is whatever it say on the cost label. It can be credits, free xp, doubloons, coal, steel, etc...

 

Yes, with that in mind the phrasing probably came about from wargaming trying to keep their options open, not knowing what they might do in the future, rather than intentional vagueness. However I don't see any flags available for a currency other than doubloons and I can't recall any flag being available for a different currency.

 

As a general principal I think the spending of premium currency should require explicit consent (in the same way that spending actual money does). Because of that I'd say that even if they did introduce flags in future that can be replenished for silver or other non-premium currency it wouldn't be acceptable to lump them together under a catch all "in-game currency" option and that the text here needs to be changed to say "re-supply for doubloons".  I also think any option to resupply with a premium currency needs to be defaulted to off, and even if intentionally turned on the player needs to be clearly informed that in game currency has been spent, e.g. flags were re-supplied for 12 doubloons on the end game screen. Failing to uncheck a check box does not constitute consent.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NMA]
Players
1,221 posts
18,484 battles
42 minutes ago, Unknown_Lifeform said:

Yes, with that in mind the phrasing probably came about from wargaming trying to keep their options open, not knowing what they might do in the future, rather than intentional vagueness. However I don't see any flags available for a currency other than doubloons and I can't recall any flag being available for a different currency.

Maybe not flags but what about camos? Mechanic is the same, "resupply using in game currency if unavailable"

This time currency being credits instead of doubloons

212121.thumb.jpg.5dbc12f7cf9dfe2e7d9a1ff0a1fbb7f9.jpg

 

 

I don't see which part is confusing. Not wanna offend anyone but it only requires reading and a bit of common sense.

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
131 posts

sometimes you simply forget to uncheck the box. After a while I discover I am bleeding doubloons and click each ship to see where I forgot to uncheck the box for buying signals and camo. Along those lines other companies like to have Auto-Renewal enabled by default, which is much worse in my opinion. Since it's only a few doubloons I don't mind as much, but it is still annoying and a bit sleazy.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,764 posts
16,568 battles

The tick box itself is a good start, however it needs to remember its settings or consider "off" as the default as there are plenty of reasons to remove all flags, e.g. when grinding secondary hits in coop (or else). And I'd rather equip the flags a 2nd or 3rd time once I find them missing because I failed to check the box than unwittingly spend doubloons because I failed to check the box.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
194 posts
4,460 battles

So, only the economic signals cost dibluns? Interesting..

What do all the other signals cost?

 

 

And yeah, it's [editing] annoying and the settings feel wacky.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×