Flandre Bug Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
HassenderZerhacker

in-game polls

14 comments in this topic

Players
1,017 posts
3,477 battles

as we know it's possible for WG to make in-game polls like those "how satisfied are you..." questions

why doesn't WG ask players the questions that matter?

i.e.

- do you want subarines in the game?

- do you want CV in clan battles or ranked?

- are you happy with operations?

- do you feel CV are balanced?

- how do you feel about the number of radar ships?

- are you happy with the way teams are made?

etc.

for those who want to know: yes, I could show on a picture of my Bismarck where the bad tier 8 CV inappropriately touched it.

WG... use the power of in-game polls !

• Cool 6

Players
8,456 posts
9,251 battles
22 minutes ago, HassenderZerhacker said:

No, gotta evaluate map images, find out which has the coolest looking buildings on the islands and please rank the skies of the different maps on a scale of 1 to 5.

• Funny 3

[BHSFL]
Players
3,690 posts

Well this time they allowed to answer in writing what you liked and not liked.

So i used that to express my concern for not enough PvE content in game, and my  wish they improve that.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[R3B3L]
Players
1,226 posts
31,921 battles
1 hour ago, HassenderZerhacker said:

i.e.

- do you want subarines in the game?

- do you want CV in clan battles or ranked?

- are you happy with operations?

- do you feel CV are balanced?

- how do you feel about the number of radar ships?

- are you happy with the way teams are made?

etc.

We know the answers;

You know the answers;

WG knows the answers.

That´s why they don´t ask :cap_tea:

• Cool 5

Players
431 posts
6,417 battles
Vor 27 Minuten, HassenderZerhacker sagte:

They don't need to ask this way, they already know. It's just not as easy as "player x wants this, so we do this". You have to consider that the developers have their own plans and ideas, and many of these questions are easy to ask, but not easy to answer, especially balance-wise. To answer the questions you mentioned: Cv balance is currently wip, the random matchmaker is supposed to be random, and not skill-based, Differentiating radar cruisers from non-radar cruisers is technically difficult and not worth the investment, pve content is currently on ice because of low popularity. Cvs are in all game modes because wg wants all ships in all modes(game design decision), and Subs are coming in some form a) because they were requested by a few people after  Halloween and b) because they had an important role in ww2, and should be represented in the game(again game design decision of the developers).

[PISH]
Players
372 posts
3,555 battles
40 minutes ago, HassenderZerhacker said:

for those who want to know: yes, I could show on a picture of my Bismarck where the bad tier 8 CV inappropriately touched it.

Can we see it?

• Funny 1

Players
1,017 posts
3,477 battles
8 minutes ago, firerider202 said:

They don't need to ask this way, they already know. It's just not as easy as "player x wants this, so we do this". You have to consider that the developers have their own plans and ideas, and many of these questions are easy to ask, but not easy to answer, especially balance-wise. To answer the questions you mentioned: Cv balance is currently wip, the random matchmaker is supposed to be random, and not skill-based, Differentiating radar cruisers from non-radar cruisers is technically difficult and not worth the investment, pve content is currently on ice because of low popularity. Cvs are in all game modes because wg wants all ships in all modes(game design decision), and Subs are coming in some form a) because they were requested by a few people after  Halloween and b) because they had an important role in ww2, and should be represented in the game(again game design decision of the developers).

Cv balance is currently wip

- not much work and not much progress IMO

the random matchmaker is supposed to be random

- but it certainly doesn't feel random and also doesn't look random color-wise in my potato alert

Differentiating radar cruisers from non-radar cruisers is technically difficult and not worth the investment

- how do you know that? I program web-based websites and applications, and it just looks like a field to include in the query to me...

pve content is currently on ice because of low popularity

- were players asked if they would like to play more *good* and *fun* pve or were players just given some pve, often bugged, that everyone got tired of, and that's where the "low popularity" came from? a bit like serving broccoli at the school cantina and concluding students don't like eating...

Cvs are in all game modes because wg wants all ships in all modes(game design decision)

- what a surprise if players didn't, right ???

and Subs are coming in some form a) because they were requested by a few people after  Halloween and

- because "a few people" requested them ... what about the majority of people ??

b) because they had an important role in ww2, and should be represented in the game(again game design decision of the developers).

- sorry, WW2 has near zero importance in WoWS game design... oh yeah, CV fighting within gun range of BB, LOL. Maps full of islands, lol. DD "scouting" LOLOLOL. BB lost to fire damage, HAHAHAHA. British DD more manoeuverable than Japs, hihihih...  CV planes armed with rockets !!!! LOL  --- Just how much WW2 "realism" can people take ?

• Funny 1

Players
431 posts
6,417 battles
Vor 49 Minuten, HassenderZerhacker sagte:

Cv balance is currently wip

- not much work and not much progress IMO

the random matchmaker is supposed to be random

- but it certainly doesn't feel random and also doesn't look random color-wise in my potato alert

Differentiating radar cruisers from non-radar cruisers is technically difficult and not worth the investment

- how do you know that? I program web-based websites and applications, and it just looks like a field to include in the query to me...

pve content is currently on ice because of low popularity

- were players asked if they would like to play more *good* and *fun* pve or were players just given some pve, often bugged, that everyone got tired of, and that's where the "low popularity" came from? a bit like serving broccoli at the school cantina and concluding students don't like eating...

Cvs are in all game modes because wg wants all ships in all modes(game design decision)

- what a surprise if players didn't, right ???

and Subs are coming in some form a) because they were requested by a few people after  Halloween and

- because "a few people" requested them ... what about the majority of people ??

b) because they had an important role in ww2, and should be represented in the game(again game design decision of the developers).

- sorry, WW2 has near zero importance in WoWS game design... oh yeah, CV fighting within gun range of BB, LOL. Maps full of islands, lol. DD "scouting" LOLOLOL. BB lost to fire damage, HAHAHAHA. British DD more manoeuverable than Japs, hihihih...  CV planes armed with rockets !!!! LOL  --- Just how much WW2 "realism" can people take ?

If I say game developer decision I mean that. that's their vision for the game. You can like that or not, but it's not your game. The cv balance IS currently in progress, but as usual, wg does not go into detail until its final. regarding pve content, there is some in-game, wg knows how many are playing this and apparently the number is low. Developing pve contend is costly and risky if you aren't sure that it will be played. "radar cruisers" are no radar cruisers, but cruisers which have the radar consumable mounted. Also, most ships have the option to mount different consumables on the radar slot. As far as I understood, the mm is not made to differ consumables. If it's no major/game-breaking(what is not the case) issue, why would you do that? Especially when you consider that mm is supposed to be random(while not considering stats at all, it just ignores them/doesn't check them). WW2 HAS importance to the ship selection, but game design/balance decisions have priority over realism, it's not a simulation.

Players
1,067 posts
15,102 battles

I was preparing a topic about the new survey, but junked it because I didn't think it would be that engaging and remembered there have been other, different, surveys in the past.

The one I was asked to do today seemed specifically geared towards validating a technical emphasis. Must be time for somebody's performance review.

I don't think they're interested in change, certainly not in suggestions.

661596525_WOWSSurvey1.thumb.png.00b0036f77927c20a41ef349e0c74572.png98639585_WOWSSurvey2.thumb.png.a5438832989e90c2fa9043a0d2efb9c0.png

• Cool 1

[BHSFL]
Players
3,690 posts

I am not so concerned WG is not aware of the demand of PvE content. Both here and on NA forums there are topics that regularly point out there is a demand.

What i do not know if players will actually find that most important and adress it when asked. Some are quite preoccupied with other things that concern them, such as balance between classes and unwanted classes and such.

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,632 posts
6,096 battles
13 minutes ago, AirSupremacy said:

"Would you prefer Karma based match making? " would also be a good question.

No it would not, go away.

• Bad 1

[_OST_]
Moderator, Players, WoWs Wiki Team, Freibeuter
3,664 posts
15,078 battles
Vor 26 Minuten, AirSupremacy sagte:

"Would you prefer Karma based match making? " would also be a good question.

Nope, thank you. Beside being to many ways to exploit this... it's simply an unsuitable idea for MM. 

[CROTZ]
Beta Tester
1,196 posts
8,817 battles

Would have been in line with the other questions.

On the occasions where the own pinks TK'ed and sunk each other I always answer the popping up ingame poll with "Extremely satisfied".

The best merchant poll which Amazon questioned all their business sellers with was "Do you trust Amazon? Yes/No".

Sellers have to upload their passports and provide bank and CC details.

Ingame polls often have the same customer placebo effect as the Karma Reporting System in this game.

The times I experience the ingame poll about the level of match fun is when there had been TK stuff going on in a match. I find this sudden random poll popup at a match end annoying. Poll: Do you want to have polls popping up in a game? No.

Thank you for your valued feedback. Type in to this field here what we can improve: After each match make it possible to give WG Karma or to report WG, WGs total Karma value should be presented at every match start to all players. If WGs Total Karma value is negative, then every player receives the ship "Grait Rosscovski Rezikov Retshnov Kalishnikova" for free ( also grants access to mission: Svarowski Grotshnov BlingMuchoDollares ) .

Sign in to follow this