Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
beaveer

Carriers

23 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[PANEU]
Players
3 posts
2,859 battles

I decided to play a ranked game. Sadly, the enemy carrier decided to camp me. 2 minutes in and I was dead.

 

AA does literally nothing, and carriers can simply play their little point and click game that has literally zero counterplay. [edited]Wargaming, [edited]carriers. I knew reinstalling the game was a huge mistake.

  • Cool 4
  • Boring 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[THESO]
Players
953 posts
8,482 battles

I decided to play a ranked game. Sadly, the enemy DD decided to camp me. 2 minutes in and I was dead.

Guns do literally nothing because it was invisible, and DDs can simply play their little point and click game that has literally zero counterplay. [edited]Wargaming, [edited]DDs. I knew reinstalling the game was a huge mistake.

 

Here fixed that for ya!

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 5
  • Boring 5
  • Bad 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[MUMMY]
Beta Tester
243 posts
4,088 battles

I decided to play a ranked game. Sadly, the enemy BB decided to camp me. 2 minutes in and I was dead.

Guns do literally nothing because it was armored, and BBs can simply play their little point and click game that has literally zero counterplay. [edited]Wargaming, [edited]carriers. I knew reinstalling the game was a huge mistake.

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-HUN-]
[-HUN-]
Players
1,083 posts
10,040 battles
3 minutes ago, Kenjiro_ said:

DDs can simply play their little point and click game that has literally zero counterplay.

Only WASD hack!

Radar

Hydro

Your teammates

CV

etc.

 

image.thumb.png.eb2fdff7c23d352808ebdcb2f5513373.png

  • Cool 3
  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[THESO]
Players
953 posts
8,482 battles
1 minute ago, Humorpalanta said:

Only WASD hack!

Radar

Hydro

Your teammates

CV

etc.

 

 

 

All of them also applies to DD, plus smoke ...

 

BBabies were always a meme in this forum but now they are replaced with DDabies

 

 

  • Cool 1
  • Bad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NMA]
Players
1,221 posts
18,470 battles
1 hour ago, beaveer said:

AA does literally nothing, and carriers can simply play their little point and click game that has literally zero counterplay.

What were you doing your first 1800 games? :Smile_veryhappy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SHAFT]
Players
9,432 posts
8,808 battles
46 minutes ago, Kenjiro_ said:

DD decided to camp me. 2 minutes in and I was dead.

41 minutes ago, Nov_A said:

BB decided to camp me. 2 minutes in and I was dead.

 

image.png.923dbd409588febd2ded1a22b4ab8949.png

 

I guess the BB could do it, but then he kinda needs someone to spot the enemies almost in spawn... guess that would be a CV then :cap_book:

Not to mention for a BB to succeed with that you need 50% misplay + 50% RNG luck.

 

As to dying to DD torps 2 mins into the game: I wonder how you would manage that, except maybe for 100% misplaying, aka speedboosting straight ahead into the enemies, which also requires you to be a DD pretty much. Otherwise DDs have usually ~1:30 torpreload + up to 1 minute traveltime of the torps, so...

 

A CV neither needs to be lucky or rely on misplaying on the enemy part. Ofc we can argue about, if smoking in your own spawn is a misplay or not :cap_yes:

 

45 minutes ago, Kenjiro_ said:

All of them also applies to DD, plus smoke ... 

 

Radar and Hydro counter CVs? CVs counter CVs?

CV can account for WASD.

You can attack ships despite having a full ranked teams AA.

  • Cool 3
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
8,061 posts
8,886 battles
43 minutes ago, Kenjiro_ said:

I decided to play a ranked game. Sadly, the enemy DD decided to camp me. 2 minutes in and I was dead.

Guns do literally nothing because it was invisible, and DDs can simply play their little point and click game that has literally zero counterplay. [edited]Wargaming, [edited]carriers. I knew reinstalling the game was a huge mistake.

 

Here fixed that for ya!

You missed one iteration of "carriers", so can't even commend you on effort.

39 minutes ago, Kenjiro_ said:

All of them also applies to DD, plus smoke ...

Are you even putting in any thought before posting? Hardly any of them apply for DDs when combatting CVs.

 

WASD hack? Sure, works just as well against rockets that have maybe 1-2 seconds between launch and arrival as it works with torps that take the better part of a minute. HE bombs allow fine adjustment till the very end and if RNG doesn't deny hits, you get nuked.

Radar? Hydro? Yeah, I wanna see you radar or hydro planes away.

Team mates? If you are fine being a non-player for much of the game hiding right next to a ship with good AA in the hope CV will attack there last. Even then, if it finds you and wants you dead, you are likely going to die.

CV? If enemy has no idea how to cheese a fighter, sure. If your CV gives you one, of course.

 

And hiding in a smoke cloud means you are basically useless for a good bit, given that at the very best, you can try torp out of it, but firing your guns will give your position away.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,584 posts
18,730 battles
49 minutes ago, Kenjiro_ said:

 

All of them also applies to DD, plus smoke ...

 

BBabies were always a meme in this forum but now they are replaced with DDabies

 

 

What DD babies? OP didnt specify what ship he sailed? :cap_yes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BS4]
Players
1,287 posts
7,209 battles
51 minutes ago, Kenjiro_ said:

 

BBabies were always a meme in this forum but now they are replaced with DDabies

Things are starting to look up for you then...:cap_like:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CR33D]
[CR33D]
Players
2,749 posts
26,520 battles
1 hour ago, beaveer said:

I decided to play a ranked game. Sadly, the enemy carrier decided to camp me. 2 minutes in and I was dead.

 

That has nothing with CV but CV player. He didn't "play normally". (/s)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[THESO]
Players
953 posts
8,482 battles
15 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

 

image.png.923dbd409588febd2ded1a22b4ab8949.png

 

I guess the BB could do it, but then he kinda needs someone to spot the enemies almost in spawn... guess that would be a CV then :cap_book:

Not to mention for a BB to succeed with that you need 50% misplay + 50% RNG luck.

 

As to dying to DD torps 2 mins into the game: I wonder how you would manage that, except maybe for 100% misplaying, aka speedboosting straight ahead into the enemies, which also requires you to be a DD pretty much. Otherwise DDs have usually ~1:30 torpreload + up to 1 minute traveltime of the torps, so...

 

A CV neither needs to be lucky or rely on misplaying on the enemy part. Ofc we can argue about, if smoking in your own spawn is a misplay or not :cap_yes:

 

 

Radar and Hydro counter CVs? CVs counter CVs?

CV can account for WASD.

You can attack ships despite having a full ranked teams AA.

 

And you bothered to write this long actually by thinking I was referring to a real incident? Well, hats off :)

 

In case you didn't notice, I just replaced CV with DD on original post :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[THESO]
Players
953 posts
8,482 battles
14 minutes ago, HaachamaShipping said:

You missed one iteration of "carriers", so can't even commend you on effort.

Are you even putting in any thought before posting? Hardly any of them apply for DDs when combatting CVs.

 

WASD hack? Sure, works just as well against rockets that have maybe 1-2 seconds between launch and arrival as it works with torps that take the better part of a minute. HE bombs allow fine adjustment till the very end and if RNG doesn't deny hits, you get nuked.

Radar? Hydro? Yeah, I wanna see you radar or hydro planes away.

Team mates? If you are fine being a non-player for much of the game hiding right next to a ship with good AA in the hope CV will attack there last. Even then, if it finds you and wants you dead, you are likely going to die.

CV? If enemy has no idea how to cheese a fighter, sure. If your CV gives you one, of course.

 

And hiding in a smoke cloud means you are basically useless for a good bit, given that at the very best, you can try torp out of it, but firing your guns will give your position away.

 

I noticed and fixed that missed iteration tough:)

 

Other things were not meant for DD directly combatting CV since it's not meant by game design. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[PISH]
Players
369 posts
3,065 battles

I decided to play a ranked game. Sadly, the enemy CA decided to camp me. 2 minutes in and I was dead.  Guns do literally nothing because it was dodging, and CAs can simply play their little point and click game that has literally zero counterplay. [edited]Wargaming, [edited]cruisers. I knew reinstalling the game was a huge mistake. 

  • Funny 2
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NWP]
Players
1,331 posts
9,818 battles

"BBaby if you don't eat your food I ll call the CV"

 

and .... a bit later a deep velvety voice was whispering in BBaby's ear "Who's your DDady?"

  • Funny 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
8,061 posts
8,886 battles
2 minutes ago, Saltface said:

"BBaby if you don't eat your food I ll call the CV"

"Here comes the aeroplane!"

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[THESO]
Players
953 posts
8,482 battles
1 minute ago, HaachamaShipping said:

"Here comes the aeroplane!"

Unbelievable how that trick works on every child who refuses to eat 😊

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NWP]
Players
1,331 posts
9,818 battles

CV winked and kinkily suggested "BBaby want to be a member of the mile-high club?"

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[PISH]
Players
369 posts
3,065 battles

"You're not my real spotter, but I still call you DDaddy." - Random BBae to his sugar DDaddy 2020

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NWP]
Players
1,331 posts
9,818 battles

darn...I think I started a new meme DDadies and their BBabies.....LOL

 

Inb4 I fall gloriously in the pit of forum bans and my memory is erased from the annals* of this world......

 

- BBaby?

- Yes DDady?

- wanna play hide the torpedo?

 

 

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BS4]
Players
1,287 posts
7,209 battles
42 minutes ago, Saltface said:

darn...I think I started a new meme DDadies and their BBabies.....LOL

 

Inb4 I fall gloriously in the pit of forum bans and my memory is erased from the annals* of this world......

 

- BBaby?

- Yes DDady?

- wanna play hide the torpedo?

 

 

6QZ69ti.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×