You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
DB2212

Question for WG and the man with the plan

23 comments in this topic

[TAYTO]
Players
793 posts
8,197 battles

In the earlier part of the evening I played cruisers and didn't see 1 carrier in all those games.

Then I had a brain fart moment and thought DDs might be fun again. I am obviously completely stupid.

2 DD games and we go from no CVs while playing cruisers, to several games with double CVs. How the actual [edited]does that just happen by some coincidence?

It doesn't just happen that way. Or if it does, someone really fubar'd something very basic.

Which is it WG, someone fubar'd something or you engineered a way to dump DDs into 2 CVs per side?

It's somewhat irrelevant because either option results in complete fuckwittery and an apparent desire to remove any desire to play DDs.

Great job.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 4

[LSCA]
Players
1,045 posts
9,012 battles
2 minutes ago, DB2212 said:

In the earlier part of the evening I played cruisers and didn't see 1 carrier in all those games.

Then I had a brain fart moment and thought DDs might be fun again. I am obviously completely stupid.

2 DD games and we go from no CVs while playing cruisers, to several games with double CVs. How the actual [edited]does that just happen by some coincidence?

It doesn't just happen that way. Or if it does, someone really fubar'd something very basic.

Which is it WG, someone fubar'd something or you engineered a way to dump DDs into 2 CVs per side?

It's somewhat irrelevant because either option results in complete fuckwittery and an apparent desire to remove any desire to play DDs.

Great job.

2 cv you see only at lower tiers if im not mistaken, it's still better than 3 like it was before

[MUMMY]
Beta Tester
243 posts
4,088 battles
1 hour ago, gabberworld said:

2 cv you see only at lower tiers if im not mistaken, it's still better than 3 like it was before

It can still happen at T8 after either some queue time or MM hickups because not enough ships are available. Had a double T8  (full T8) and a T8/T6 CV game lately.

• Cool 1

[LSCA]
Players
1,045 posts
9,012 battles
9 minutes ago, Nov_A said:

It can still happen at T8 after either some queue time or MM hickups because not enough ships are available. Had a double T8  (full T8) and a T8/T6 CV game lately.

for WG T8 is low tier aswell

• Cool 1
  • Funny 6

[MUMMY]
Beta Tester
243 posts
4,088 battles
2 minutes ago, gabberworld said:

for WG T8 is low tier aswell

And T9 is mid tier?

• Cool 1
  • Funny 4

[NWP]
Players
2,622 posts
16,235 battles

Why does it have to be a man? 

Also, it's not like cruisers do substantially better against CVs

• Cool 2

[NECRO]
Players
413 posts
2 hours ago, 159Hunter said:

Because we hope for some consistency and permanency of that plan. :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

Players
59 posts
480 battles

Emancipation hasn't reached former east-block countries yet.

So "man with a plan" is pretty much correct.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2

[JRM]
Players
6,243 posts
24,096 battles
6 hours ago, gabberworld said:

No you dont, had T6+T8 cv combo yesterday

Players
9,816 posts
11,501 battles
4 hours ago, Nov_A said:

And T9 is mid tier?

Yep.:cap_book:

• Funny 1

[SHAFT]
Players
9,448 posts
8,811 battles

Everyone knows, when you play ships with DefAA + AA flag that you dont see CVs anymore ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Cool 5
  • Funny 4

[JRM]
Players
6,243 posts
24,096 battles
On 7/29/2020 at 10:19 AM, DFens_666 said:

Everyone knows, when you play ships with DefAA + AA flag that you dont see CVs anymore ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Esp when its the Friesland and you need the 300 plane kills for that campaign misson, then even if you get a CV its T10 and avoiding you the entire battle...

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Players
9,816 posts
11,501 battles
2 hours ago, DFens_666 said:

That is how you achieve ABSOLUTE AA defense :cap_win:

2 hours ago, Yedwy said:

Esp when its the Friesland and you need the 200 plane kills for that campaign misson, then even if you get a CV its T10 and avoiding you the entire battle...

Div up with CV and DD with long range AA and, for his own safety, multiple smokes. First to make sure there will be a carrier, latter to act as bait for CVs with AA enabled and such, so you in your Freis/Halal can go full :cap_rambo:

[JRM]
Players
6,243 posts
24,096 battles

Doesnt matter m8, if not from the bat even the dumbest brick realises something is off once you shred his entire squad in matter of seconds and he will avoid you like the devil...

[BS4]
Players
1,287 posts
7,209 battles
On 7/29/2020 at 1:41 AM, DB2212 said:

Great job.

Actually...this is exactly what happened to me yesterday as well...so cant be coincidence. Other times in the past i have had a none AA build and having been targeted quite Heavily gone back to port upgraded AA build and got No CV's or far fewer than i had previously for many games after. This has happened more than once...

If you spend A lot of time and money (Investment) on a REEEEwork of any product and you want to see a return in that investment and have the capability to adjust things to make it shine rather than have it fail....why wouldn't you?

I mean look at the proposed changes undergoing test atm. You Buff detectability  only to nerf it again at the same time. That's a Change that actually makes no change to the outcome thus keeping your investment safe.

The whole DD/cv thing is logical to me (just look at some of the  AA fire hit points on that class)...they have very little defence against their biggest counter.

• Cool 1

[TAYTO]
Players
793 posts
8,197 battles
20 hours ago, gabberworld said:

19 hours ago, Nov_A said:

This was a T8 DD game, sub 30 seconds queue time, plenty of ships available

Beta Tester
4,761 posts
19,833 battles
22 hours ago, DB2212 said:

(did not really read the rant - just want to show OP he got an answer on the thread's title)

You do STILL think someone at WG has a plan? Really? Wow... ^v^

• Cool 3

[TAYTO]
Players
793 posts
8,197 battles
1 hour ago, Deckeru_Maiku said:

Well, that wasn't really a rant, just an observation of SSDD. I can go proper rant if you want :)
That would result in all sorts of forum and chat bans, and probably resulting in 4 CVs, 3 DDs and 5 radar cruisers on the red team with no CVs, no radar cruisers and all bottom tier ships on the green team.

Tin-foil-hat moment off, but seriously, WTAF?

Players
1,326 posts
On 7/29/2020 at 5:41 AM, 159Hunter said:

Because no woman would ever [Edited] things up like this.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[BS4]
Players
1,287 posts
7,209 battles
10 hours ago, Deckeru_Maiku said:

Its not some evil plan to take over the world, but a business plan you mean? Of course ....

With respect a lot of people still see this sometimes as a game first. Its not, its a business who's income is generated by people PLAYING that game and purchasing items above the design/marketing cost in order to generate profit.

Quote:"Product positioning is a form of marketing that presents the benefits of your product to a particular target audience."

How long now since the CV reeework? And things still have not changed...

The whole CV rework has to succeed or returns to that investment are not made. You cant afford to put it in an environment where it will fail so favourable conditions can be created/researched. in this case as they ALSO own the environment in which it operates. This is obvious when you look at the counters for CV play currently in the game.

Its not a conspiracy theory/tin foil hat, Its just Business.

• Cool 1

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
13,769 posts
19,416 battles
2 hours ago, SeaWolf7 said:

The whole CV rework has to succeed or returns to that investment are not made.

There, fixed it for you. :Smile_trollface:

On a serious note, there was never any option for the rework to not be labeled as a success, otherwise the people behind it would likely face consequences from higher up.

So even if the rework turned out to be a complete dumpster fire, which it obviously did, it would have still been labeled as a success.

This is also why the implementation of subs is inevitable.

• Cool 7

[TAYTO]
Players
793 posts
8,197 battles
8 hours ago, SeaWolf7 said:

With respect a lot of people still see this sometimes as a game first. Its not, its a business who's income is generated by people PLAYING that game and purchasing items above the design/marketing cost in order to generate profit.

It's a business to WG, but to the people who play the game, it remains a game.
If the business doesn't listen to the people playing the game, people will get mightily pissed off if they're forced to pay to win. And while some will, there will be many who just stop playing and purchasing anything.

• Cool 1