Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
AngryWallace

Quick reminder: CV on DD interaction is still not okay

11 comments in this topic

[B-B-C]
Beta Tester
13 posts
6,268 battles

Holy crap, 

its still atrocious. How the hell is this not fixed. 

Fix spotting and rocket damage. But especially spotting for the entire team. Make it like radar with a delay or something. 

Just don't let this get accepted. 

• Cool 8
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

Players
392 posts
3,934 battles

Whats the point of this thread?

WG already announced incoming changes for DD vs CV interaction via rocket changes and Air detect ability buffs, and those are being tested as we speak....wait and see how it plays out before grabbing your pitchfork

Also there is a thread for this already.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 2

Players
9,849 posts
11,553 battles

What if CV and DD interaction is working as intended, to keep DDs away from molesting battleships and having actual impact on the games, doing all the spotting and capping shenanigans? :cap_hmm:

• Cool 4
  • Funny 3

[OGHF]
Players
1,131 posts
19,821 battles

Looking forwards to new CV to DD interaction, look good, but when it goes wrong for the CV, he still lasts the WHOLE battle as this Ryujo did this morning, he attacked me from the start of the  game till I chased him down and killed him to end the battle, believe me any decent CV player would have killed me before half way through the battle. 

He sent 18 squadrons at me over the battle time and lost 50 of his planes to me, now the Leander is not the best AA ship by any means.

1979276093_WorldofWarshipsScreenshot2020_07.28-08_32.44_07.thumb.png.eae189de009bdb0ac9e4e8e741c8e89d.png

1141502222_WorldofWarshipsScreenshot2020_07.28-08_32_32_52.thumb.png.7a556dc8788ada2f03a705487e133217.png

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
13,780 posts
19,466 battles

No its fine. They fixed it via desync so you have to guess and pray to RNG to hit:

:Smile_trollface:

• Funny 6

Beta Tester
4,765 posts
19,887 battles
1 hour ago, Panocek said:

What if CV and DD interaction is working as intended, to keep DDs away from molesting battleships and having actual impact on the games, doing all the spotting and capping shenanigans? :cap_hmm:

well.. lets think this through...

• BaBBies (not ALL BB players, just BaBBies) probably are one of the greatest sources of income for WG.. buying Prime Time, new OP BBs, flags and stuff they don't manage to get by playing better etc. etc. surely leads to them throwing loads of money in WGs general direction...
  • the usual team consists of 5 BBs... and an assortment of 7 other ships. So the amount of BB players being molested by DDs per battle is higher than the amount of DD players being molested by CVs... so to keep more players happy, let them CVs have their way with them DDs before the nasty ninja-torpsluggers sink the paying customers and make them leave the game...
  • for probably the same reason the only ships that manage to get along with CV attacks are - wait for it.... - BBs..

So... yeah, chances that the interaction IS working as intended and will continue to work that way is kinda high...

• Cool 1

[-LA-]
Players
663 posts
4,795 battles
5 hours ago, steveraptor said:

Whats the point of this thread?

WG already announced incoming changes for DD vs CV interaction via rocket changes and Air detect ability buffs, and those are being tested as we speak....wait and see how it plays out before grabbing your pitchfork

Also there is a thread for this already.

do we know what sort of thing they are trying out?

[THIR]
Players
700 posts
3,987 battles
1 hour ago, Padds01 said:

do we know what sort of thing they are trying out?

They're halving the air detection range of all DDs but in return you'll be spotted for 20 seconds after turning off your AA when there's still a plane within your maximum AA range effectively removing the last semblance of counterplay. I guess some CV players need additional crutches to deal with the evil Pan-EU DDs.

Good thing the CV isn't notified when his squadron is spotted or else this change would only help the DD as long as the CV isn't specifically looking for him... oh wait.

• Cool 1

[THESO]
Players
953 posts
8,482 battles

So CV vs DD interaction is broken but DD vs BB interaction is ok? 

• Boring 1

[THESO]
[THESO]
3,749 posts
10,202 battles

hello we still have that CV discussion topic, 

and CV vs DD interaction is already on going for days in that Enterprise in Ranked topic. 

So, 

please use either of them! 

• Boring 1