You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
CapitanoAraym

Clan Battle Season 10: For diversity gameplay???

72 comments in this topic

Players
128 posts
18,925 battles

... not really:

https://www.reddit.com/r/WorldOfWarships/comments/hyq27n/clan_battles_season_10_ship_distribution_week_12/

6vpplp9rndd51.png?width=2200&format=png&

wncknld5pdd51.png?width=2200&format=png&

Picks of this season:

• Ryujo
  • Graf Spee
  • T-61

... with, as "guest star", the Leander, as easy, silver-normal tech tree, smoking cruiser.

GREAT DIVERSITY, WARGAMING, ISN'T IT?
When will we see a nerf of those ships (not being russian) as we saw for the Venezia?
... the Leander is too OP (cough-cough... irony) as it used too much, having smoke and not being a premium/resource only ship...

• Cool 5
  • Funny 1

[-RM-]
Beta Tester
2,086 posts
8,425 battles

True the Ryujo is the most popular CV because it is the strongest at tier 6, same for the T-61 but in the DD department and the Spee is just for those big HP blob pushes.

But so far in our own clan we have had quite some nice diversity, as playing the Spee is really boring and for the setups we have been using the Spee is not that great. Come to think of it this season has actually been the most diverse clan wars season I have played for some time.

• Cool 2

[TTT]
Players
2,088 posts
21,023 battles

It's a bit too early for analysis. The most interesting diagram will be for Hurricane / Typhoon when the meta sets.

So far I have seen some diversity and depending on individual player and team skill all kinds of setups can work, e.g. CV with 2 DD, BB + 6 GS. Skilled CV players have very high impact as they don't lose planes and can hit targets hard reliably with torps and AP bombs.

Nonetheless, Graf Spee is quite popular. Inb4 she gets the Venezia treatment and her torpedoes are nerfed to 6 km 'to bring her in line with the other german cruisers'. :dance_turtle:

• Cool 1

Players
128 posts
18,925 battles

Considering, also, a 25-30% less battle played than the equal period of the t.10 last season, I already envision the official WarGaming answer:

"“we noticed that there was a drop off of players in this season of clan battles and a very limited ships chosen, we believe this to be due to its place at T6 as most of the more competitive players do not regularly play at this tier and were uncomfortable with these ships thus choosing to abstain this season. We do not believe CVs to be the culprit as a little over half of the (potatoes) teams chose to bring battleships and this is the outcome that we were hoping for by holding it at this tier. It has been decided in order to preserve player numbers in this mode that clan battles will once again be held at T10, with carriers, for future seasons.”

• Cool 1

Players
1,408 posts
6,611 battles

Nerf the premium ship, that was awarded in the last dockyard event, because it's an easy choice in a one time clan battle event? Questionable...

[ALYEN]
Players
1,619 posts
3,579 battles
20 hours ago, Ze_Reckless said:

It's a bit too early for analysis. The most interesting diagram will be for Hurricane / Typhoon when the meta sets.

So far I have seen some diversity and depending on individual player and team skill all kinds of setups can work, e.g. CV with 2 DD, BB + 6 GS. Skilled CV players have very high impact as they don't lose planes and can hit targets hard reliably with torps and AP bombs.

Nonetheless, Graf Spee is quite popular. Inb4 she gets the Venezia treatment and her torpedoes are nerfed to 6 km 'to bring her in line with the other german cruisers'. :dance_turtle:

GS is a premium ship unlike Venezia ... But I'd suspect they'll introduce a Russian variant soon ...

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
13,769 posts
19,411 battles

C'mon WG.

You know what to do.

Say it with me:

T8 Clan Battle season.

:Smile_trollface:

• Funny 6

[ALYEN]
Players
1,619 posts
3,579 battles
11 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

C'mon WG.

You know what to do.

Say it with me:

T8 Clan Battle season.

Why not go all the way ?

T4 !!!

• Funny 3

[DK-CP]
Players
1 post
2,689 battles

Wargming should put a limiter on to how many of one type there can be in a CB.. That forces clans to diverse in chosing their ships

[LEEUW]
Players
96 posts
13,924 battles

Last night haven't seen any Ruyjo 6x Graf Spee set ups. Actually most set ups where quite diverse in terms of using ships.

Seen

Prinz Eittel with 4x Leander and 2x Aigle. 

4x Huang He, Ruyjo, Gallant London and 1 more

Mixes of ships 

Graf Spee's combined with Degrasse's 

etc

Seems quite diverse to me. Hell i think we only saw 1 game with no DD in it.

Players
9,815 posts
11,484 battles
On 7/28/2020 at 4:29 PM, CapitanoAraym said:

... not really:

https://www.reddit.com/r/WorldOfWarships/comments/hyq27n/clan_battles_season_10_ship_distribution_week_12/

6vpplp9rndd51.png?width=2200&format=png&

wncknld5pdd51.png?width=2200&format=png&

Picks of this season:

• Ryujo
  • Graf Spee
  • T-61

... with, as "guest star", the Leander, as easy, silver-normal tech tree, smoking cruiser.

GREAT DIVERSITY, WARGAMING, ISN'T IT?
When will we see a nerf of those ships (not being russian) as we saw for the Venezia?
... the Leander is too OP (cough-cough... irony) as it used too much, having smoke and not being a premium/resource only ship...

If you want "diversity" you would have to give all ships identical stats, and I mean AL Littorio tier copy/paste. Otherwise there always will be one with "the best" set of traits for the task at hand. Spee is perfect example, mediocre ship in randoms but got 5 minutes in the CB spotlight.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[SCRUB]
Players
3,775 posts
17,188 battles
On 7/29/2020 at 8:27 PM, El2aZeR said:

C'mon WG.

You know what to do.

Say it with me:

T8 Clan Battle season.

T1, the one true competitive tier

[BHSFL]
Players
3,370 posts

Well CV do not seem to ruin the show there.......:Smile_facepalm:

Lots and lots of cruisers though.....almost loook like zerglings......what is behind that ? Less fire resistance at T6 ? :Smile_unsure:

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
13,769 posts
19,411 battles
2 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

Lots and lots of cruisers though.....

Which is a consequence of CVs.

Your post is thus contradictory.

• Boring 1

[BHSFL]
Players
3,370 posts
12 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

Which is a consequence of CVs.

Your post is thus contradictory.

No it's not.....there are almost no BB......zergling amount of HE spamming Cruisers and reduced fire resistance at T6 must be the cause of that.

That amount of cruisers are unhealthy to DD aswell......since almost all of them pack hydro ofc.

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
13,769 posts
19,411 battles
4 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

No it's not.....there are almost no BB......zergling amount of HE spamming Cruisers and reduced fire resistance at T6 must be the cause of that.

The most popular cruiser by far is one that cannot effectively HE spam. The 2nd most popular cruiser doesn't even have HE shells.

Reduced fire resistance is balanced out by a generally lower fire chance at that tier.

Still perpetuating blatant lies, huh?

• Boring 1

[BHSFL]
Players
3,370 posts
9 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

The most popular cruiser by far is one that cannot effectively HE spam. The 2nd most popular cruiser doesn't even have HE shells.

Reduced fire resistance is balanced out by a generally lower fire chance at that tier.

Still perpetuating blatant lies, huh?

I compared CB to tier 1-3 game play because of the complaints they could not work out tactics against CV and i am still not seeying anything now that changes my mind.....:Smile_child:

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
13,769 posts
19,411 battles
3 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

I compared CB to tier 1-3 game play and i am still not seeying anything in statistics or complaints about classes that changed my mind.....:Smile_child:

Which ofc has nothing to do with your blatant lies about why BBs are not picked or the cause of cruisers being overly popular.

• Boring 1

[ENUF_]
Beta Tester
290 posts
16,758 battles
1 hour ago, Beastofwar said:

That amount of cruisers are unhealthy to DD aswell......since almost all of them pack hydro ofc.

You do know that you have to choose between CV and BB, do you? And obviously people are gonna pick CVs most of the time becauce of obvious reasons.

[BHSFL]
Players
3,370 posts
19 minutes ago, Captn_Crap said:

You do know that you have to choose between CV and BB, do you? And obviously people are gonna pick CVs most of the time becauce of obvious reasons.

Obvious ?

I don't think "top clans" with "top BB players" would pick a CV instead of a BB. That would be a waste of their talent potential.

And most certainly not pick a CV without a "Top CV player" in it as with just a "top clan member" taking up that role it will not be a "top CV player" but a poor substitute.

I got reprimanded by El2aZeR that "top clans" have "top CV players" but that can't be true :

1) There aren't that many top CV players. Was pointed out by others too. Only a few clans could possibly field them.

2) A random clan member cannot take that role and be competitive, he will have no chance at all against a real top CV player.

3) Most "top clans" publicly hate CV.....how can you ever be home to the "top CV players" wich such an attittude ??? What crazy top CV player would fight for a clan that wants to get rid of his talents  and his ship class ???

There are a lot of things that don't add up here....

• Boring 1

Players
3,291 posts
14,054 battles
5 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

Obvious ?

I don't think "top clans" with "top BB players" would pick a CV instead of a BB. That would be a waste of their talent potential.

And most certainly not pick a CV without a "Top CV player" in it as with just a "top clan member" taking up that role it will not be a "top CV player" but a poor substitute.

I got reprimanded by El2aZeR that "top clans" have "top CV players" but that can't be true :

1) There aren't that many top CV players. Was pointed out by others too.

2) A random clan member cannot take that role and be competitive, he will have no chance at all against a real top CV player

3) Most "top clans" publicly hate CV.....how can you ever have the "top CV players" wich such an attittude ???

Tells top clan player what top clans do..... Ohhhh the Irony....

[BHSFL]
Players
3,370 posts
6 minutes ago, Bear__Necessities said:

Tells a player of wows what clans do..... Ohhhh the Irony....

Corrected that for you. We all are players of this game and maybe customers too. If you think you or anyone else is something else in game .....well good for you :Smile_teethhappy:

To me in game you are a ship with a red name. ( at least i hope on the red team ) :Smile_teethhappy:

[ELEC]
[ELEC]
Players
626 posts
3,800 battles
5 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

Corrected that for you. We al are players of this game and maybe customers. If you think you or anyone else is something more in game .....well good for you :Smile_teethhappy:

Mostly customers.

I'd heard somewhere that customers are always right.

WG begs to differ.

• Funny 1

Players
3,291 posts
14,054 battles
13 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

Corrected that for you. We all are players of this game and maybe customers too. If you think you or anyone else is something else in game .....well good for you :Smile_teethhappy:

To me in game you are a ship with a red name. ( at least i hope on the red team ) :Smile_teethhappy:

No. You've corrected nothing. How you even think you know what top clans think and how top clan operate is mind boggling.

• Funny 1

[ELEC]
[ELEC]
Players
626 posts
3,800 battles
2 minutes ago, Bear__Necessities said:

No. You've corrected nothing. How you even think you know what top clans think and how top clan operate is mind boggling.

Are you in a top clan?