You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
gopher31

WOWS NA forum RIP?!

30 comments in this topic

[PUPSI]
Privateer
10,804 posts
1 minute ago, gopher31 said:

No users, no posts.

only as long as you are not logged in (on NA of course)

• Funny 1

[CATS]
Players
26,092 posts
14,090 battles

Hmm, that would be bad.

I like reading the Asia and NA forum from time to time.

• Cool 6

Players
708 posts
8 minutes ago, HansRoaming said:

Seems you need to log in now, the LWM posts all had permission denied.

Logging in works fine; of course, I have an NA server login, might be that Euro server accounts don't work anymore (at least, I think they used to). To be honest, I've noticed that WoWs and the WG website have gotten increasingly forgetful of my details recently (the game client only since the WGC was forced on everyone with the .exe direct-start option eliminated; coincidence?), I hope they fix it soon because if the game client logs me out due to a server hiccup and then forces me to input my details again before it'll restart, I might find I have better things to do...

[BOBS3]
Players
1,008 posts
18,536 battles

@MrConway @Crysantos

Please can you confirm that it was an intentional change to the North American Forum that users from the European Forum may not even access the posts on the NA Forum. 

If this was the intention of the changes made then I believe that this is a retrograde step. Surely it is better to actually allow European Accounts to post on the NA Forum and vice a versa. 

• Cool 13

Players
708 posts
2 minutes ago, Cambera_1 said:

@MrConway @Crysantos

Please can you confirm that it was an intentional change to the North American Forum that users from the European Forum may not even access the posts on the NA Forum. 

If this was the intention of the changes made then I believe that this is a retrograde step. Surely it is better to actually allow European Accounts to post on the NA Forum and vice a versa. 

...Or at least view the NA forum. The wiki (available to everyone) has links to all of LittleWhiteMouse's ship reviews which are posted on the NA forums, after all; removing free NA access means noone outside of that server will be able to follow those links anymore.

• Cool 10

[JOLLY]
Players
121 posts
11,001 battles

this is so the usual sort of posts that are popular in NA remain in the family, sharing the hate in their private club.

• Funny 2

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
4,466 posts
19,615 battles

I will for now assume that this is just a forum bug and not a planned change. Because the alternative is beyond scummy and idiotic.

• Cool 4

[JOLLY]
Players
121 posts
11,001 battles
2 minutes ago, quickr said:

I hope this is not permanent, but rather some glitch, cos it's beyond ret***ed to deny access without logging in. A good deal of LWM reviews are posted there.

https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/221061-premium-ship-review-150-siegfried-agir/

all is not lost, not everything at least : https://web.archive.org/

although it is far from uptodate.

[-SBF-]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
8,315 posts

Oh yes, another huge problem... because create an account on NA forum is soooooo difficult :Smile_facepalm:

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[SKRUB]
Players
535 posts
20,771 battles
1 minute ago, Greyshark said:

Oh yes, another huge problem... because create an account on NA forum is soooooo difficult :Smile_facepalm:

And you need to play x battle in order to post on it, and maybe one day maybe you will need to give your cell phone number and...

• Cool 3

[JOLLY]
Players
121 posts
11,001 battles
1 minute ago, Lebedjev said:

And you need to play x battle in order to post on it, and maybe one day maybe you will need to give your cell phone number and...

4 minutes ago, Greyshark said:

funnily enough, the activity stream, including new users, is still visible

https://forum.worldofwarships.com/discover/

[-SBF-]
8,315 posts
Just now, Lebedjev said:

That did not change. It was always like this on all WG forums; it’s also common practice on other games forums for obvious reasons.

• Cool 1

WG Staff
3,346 posts
14,073 battles

Hi guys,

I'll check, I'm not aware of such changes (but was on vacation) and the other forums work as intended if logged out.

Greetings, Crysantos

• Cool 10

[SKRUB]
Players
535 posts
20,771 battles
1 minute ago, Greyshark said:

That did not change. It was always like this on all WG forums; it’s also common practice on other games forums for obvious reasons.

Most game don't need an account in order to read the forum... For also obvious reason.

• Cool 3

[NMA]
Players
1,221 posts
18,495 battles
8 minutes ago, Klopirat said:

f it is only about those reviews:

Shipcomrade was already on the brink of closing down.

8 minutes ago, Greyshark said:

Oh yes, another huge problem... because create an account on NA forum is soooooo difficult

It's not a huge problem but it's a pain in the arse and unnecessary restriction.

Players
84 posts
7,380 battles

Maybe WG has finally decided the NA forums are better off hidden from innocent eyes.

• Funny 3

[-SBF-]
8,315 posts
1 minute ago, Lebedjev said:

Most game don't need an account in order to read the forum... For also obvious reason.

1 minute ago, quickr said:

Shipcomrade was already on the brink of closing down.

It's not a huge problem but it's a pain in the arse and unnecessary restriction.

Yes it’s true, it’s not necessary, and looks more like a bug in forum than something which was intended. Anyway, creating an account takes just couple of minutes.

Weekend Tester
804 posts
8,958 battles

Just open an account on NA: read the forums and have fun doing a little F2P over on their server. Connection EU to NA is often cleaner (ping, lag) than EU to EU.

WG Staff
3,346 posts
14,073 battles

The NA forums should be visible for guests again :Smile_honoring:

Greetings, Crysantos

• Cool 15