You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Herbstnebel1975

Reporting system misses it's target and the developer is looking in the other direction

21 comments in this topic

Players
107 posts
6,208 battles

Since a few days I'm playing the Richelieau. New style for me as I am  an offensive player. In random battles you rarely get support and playing offensive in Richelieu gives you a quick death. So I'm playing a supporting/defending role and when some teammembers are going yolo, I shall follow to support.

Today I got reported by some frustrated punk. I don't know who cause there was no dispute in chat or I haven't noticed .

So I logged a ticket to support and apperently they can't or willing something to do about it.

I've uploaded the replay and put the link here. Judge for yourself.     https://replayswows.com/replay/100833#stats

But in the future I will be an [edited]2 and go reporting yolo.

This was the ...standard...answer of support.

Do not create topics/posts to share private conversations

• Exchanges with our Customer Support Services and through private messages should remain private

edited: please do not post CS service messages in the forum, it is against the forum rules! 

Paying for a game with bots as support.....hell no !!!!!

• Funny 2
  • Bad 1

[CATS]
Players
26,078 posts
14,090 battles

You get triggered by one report?

People are told again and again to ignore Karma, but my guess is it did not reach you...

• Cool 2

[THESO]
Players
1,118 posts
15,171 battles

I don't follow.

You got reported.

You feared that might have consequences (e.g. chat ban).

So you contacted support to clarify you did not violate any rules.

The support confirmed that you got nothing to fear.

Case closed. What's the issue we're talking about? Should there be a firing squad waiting for anyone who abuses the report system? What exactly is the topic of this?

• Cool 1

Players
1,326 posts

"I don't know who cause there was no dispute in chat or I haven't noticed ."

What do you expect from customer support in the first place? They can't pull back or add reports. Reports enter system automatically by players. What they can do is check the logs if there was any rule violation in the chat or check the replay to see if there were team killings. 

Players
2,878 posts
16,265 battles

1. Reporting someone has no consequences apart from a small number on their profile having 1 subtracted from it, unless already 0 in which case nothing happens.

2.  You got your answer, case closed.

3. see 1.

[-SBF-]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
8,315 posts

Posting answers from support is against the forum rules:

Exchanges with our Customer Support Services and through private messages should remain private

So now you did violate the rules.

• Funny 3

[ENUF]
Beta Tester
198 posts
10,378 battles

You really think that the Support answer ? lol 

Players
1,326 posts
12 minutes ago, b0tl1k3 said:

You really think that the Support answer ? lol 

There are automated messages and non-automated ones. Both response types are provided by the customer support.

Players
107 posts
6,208 battles

What's the use of that reporting system. When you get complimented I'm motivated to continue that way cause some teammembers appreciated what I'm doing during gameplay. But one report of a punk and you lose 2 points. It's just the principle.

Players
107 posts
6,208 battles
2 hours ago, Greyshark said:

Posting answers from support is against the forum rules:

Exchanges with our Customer Support Services and through private messages should remain private

So now you did violate the rules.

My answer    (1:52)      ;-)

[TACHA]
Players
1,412 posts
15,574 battles

I got reported a couple of days ago by someone driving a Dallas when I was in a Fujin. We were doing OK but he got stuck in a crossfire. He wanted me to come and support him but that would have probably got me killed as well as him. Instead I concentrated on trying to win the game, he died and wrote -1 Fujin!  We did win - a T61 and I capped and torped so we won fairly easily on points. I also got three +1s so the -1 didn't worry me! The moral is that other players will see you playing from their point of view and will feel the game revolves around them. For you, the game revolves around you and ,depending on how you play, the good of your side. Don't worry about reports for poor play as they mean nothing! If you get a lot, it might make you think about your play style but that seems to be unlikely to be the case.

[CATS]
Players
26,078 posts
14,090 battles
16 minutes ago, Herbstnebel1975 said:

What's the use of that reporting system. When you get complimented I'm motivated to continue that way cause some teammembers appreciated what I'm doing during gameplay. But one report of a punk and you lose 2 points. It's just the principle.

No. One report, one point less Karma.

And it is still a meaningless number...

• Cool 1

Players
107 posts
6,208 battles
45 minutes ago, triumphgt6 said:

I got reported a couple of days ago by someone driving a Dallas when I was in a Fujin. We were doing OK but he got stuck in a crossfire. He wanted me to come and support him but that would have probably got me killed as well as him. Instead I concentrated on trying to win the game, he died and wrote -1 Fujin!  We did win - a T61 and I capped and torped so we won fairly easily on points. I also got three +1s so the -1 didn't worry me! The moral is that other players will see you playing from their point of view and will feel the game revolves around them. For you, the game revolves around you and ,depending on how you play, the good of your side. Don't worry about reports for poor play as they mean nothing! If you get a lot, it might make you think about your play style but that seems to be unlikely to be the case.

I never had -1 . It's allways -2 or +1. Allways been since I play this game

[_I_]
Players
484 posts
17,706 battles
1 hour ago, ColonelPete said:

No. One report, one point less Karma.

And it is still a meaningless number...

Wrong! It's more karma means you gets more reports for the CVs! Clearly enjoyable every time!

[EST]
[EST]
Players
1,345 posts
25,554 battles
35 minutes ago, Herbstnebel1975 said:

I never had -1 . It's allways -2 or +1. Allways been since I play this game

Its bc game never lets you know about single report. Notifications start from 2 reports. Glorious programming or they also think 1 report is meaningless.

[PONY]
Beta Tester
6,023 posts
10,328 battles
3 hours ago, Herbstnebel1975 said:

Thats a very personal problem of your own. Just dont give a **** for this reports. Most come from bad players who want to blame someone for loosing the game.

[TACHA]
Players
1,412 posts
15,574 battles

Very rarely report except when there is strong abuse aimed at another player on either side. Almost always use all my compliments - although Karma is meaningless, it is always nice to get a compliment. If something simple like this can make someone feel a bit better, why not do it? Costs nothing to make someone else feel good.

• Cool 1

[SHAD]
Players
2,458 posts
11,004 battles
18 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

You get triggered by one report?

People are told again and again to ignore Karma, but my guess is it did not reach you...

I would love a mod that would remove  the karma number.

I've had enough of getting a kraken and getting reported or playing full potato and getting compliments!

[CATS]
Players
26,078 posts
14,090 battles
7 minutes ago, gopher31 said:

I would love a mod that would remove  the karma number.

I've had enough of getting a kraken and getting reported or playing full potato and getting compliments!

The number is well hidden.

It is not difficult to ignore it.