You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Puffin_

Attacking good DD players with Enterprise rocket planes problem

42 comments in this topic

[HAMAR]
Players
347 posts

When I am playing Enterprise and attacking DD's with rocket planes I get in trouble dealing huge damage to DD´s when they turn bow or stern at the line of attack. In fact I only do pitiful frustrating small damage to them. It is rather annoying to meet those few DD players that know this and react accordingly.

What is the best thing to do against these few DD players? Brake of the attack and try to swing around and get the broadside?

(If I am dealing with kid I lose planes doing that.)

Or just do the small damage and find another target. Preferable DD player that sails in straight line and takes the full damage from broadside hit. :cap_like:

• Funny 5

Players
126 posts
85 battles

Try to just out turn them and strike them on their broadside. 

Your planes are easier to maneuver and if you know what you are doing you can successfully attack said DD from just a distance of about 2.5km with the correct usage of boost and mouse turning. 

Should guarantee you heavy hits no matter how much the DD player tries to wiggle. 

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
3,276 posts
14,062 battles
9 minutes ago, ReimuHakurei said:

Should guarantee you heavy hits no matter how much the DD player tries to wiggle. 

Unless said DD is engaged otherwise, it will always be able to angle against your rockets. With good aim you can still get 3-4k hits due to the tight dispersion though...

The funny thing is that most DD players don't try to angle...

[LEEUW]
Players
96 posts
13,953 battles

depends on the CV they are fighting. IJN ships its better to show your side. VS Enterprise always nose in. Soon this will change making nose in the default

[HAMAR]
Players
347 posts
7 minutes ago, __Helmut_Kohl__ said:

Unless said DD is engaged otherwise, it will always be able to angle against your rockets. With good aim you can still get 3-4k hits due to the tight dispersion though...

It is often like 2-3K hits and it takes lot of time killing him that way. Specially if he is far away from your CV

Beta Tester
3,276 posts
14,062 battles
2 minutes ago, Puffin_ said:

It is often like 2-3K hits and it takes lot of time killing him that way. Specially if he is far away from your Enterprise

Well, if the spotting is not doing enough, you can try to cross-drop with TB or just pick another target and maybe come back when he is engaged otherwise. 

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
3,276 posts
14,062 battles
2 minutes ago, Eviscerador said:

CV players now complain they need some skill and that some DD have useful AA that needs proper inbound vectors instead of going straight to farm the lolibote with rockets.

I say "JUST AIM!"

You will not find a good CV player who is honestly complaining about the state of CVs. 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[PACOS]
Weekend Tester
638 posts
5,384 battles
39 minutes ago, __Helmut_Kohl__ said:

You will not find a good CV player who is honestly complaining about the state of CVs. 

Of course they don't. They are happy playing the most broken class in the game, but that's not my main concern. I'm all in on skill based gameplay. My problem comes when it is only skill based in one side.

Bad players will potato drops and nothing you can do will change that, even then they will do damage to you.

Good players will destroy you and nothing you can do will change that.

That's my main issue with this matter.

• Cool 6

[HAMAR]
Players
347 posts
5 minutes ago, Eviscerador said:

WG reworks carriers so they need no skill to hit anything.

People complain.

WG say "Just Dodge!"

Some people learn to dodge SOME of the damage (while still having to deal with being spotted, focus fired and in case you have no AA, farmed to death)

CV players now complain they need some skill and that some DD have useful AA that needs proper inbound vectors instead of going straight to farm the lolibote with rockets.

I say "JUST AIM!"

Who is complaining?

Asking what is the best thing to do in a situation and trying to learn is not the same thing as complaining.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

Players
126 posts
85 battles
Vor 3 Minuten, Puffin_ sagte:

Who is complaining?

Asking what is the best thing to do in a situation and trying to learn is not the same thing as complaining.

If you can force the DD to drift into position even after you fired your rockets he will eat additional rockets due to lingering hitboxes. Even if you don't get a perfect broadside as long as the attacked DD is not stopping to turn you should be able to Inflict consistently high damage. 

[POP]
Players
597 posts
11,667 battles
31 minutes ago, Puffin_ said:

What is the best thing to do against these few DD players?

Just keep 'em spotted. Unless you're the only surviving ship there will always be non-potato players who know to shoot DDs.

[BHSFL]
Players
3,378 posts
43 minutes ago, Puffin_ said:

When I am playing Enterprise and attacking DD's with rocket planes I get in trouble dealing huge damage to DD´s when they turn bow or stern at the line of attack. In fact I only do pitiful frustrating small damage to them. It is rather annoying to meet those few DD players that know this and react accordingly.

What is the best thing to do against these few DD players? Brake of the attack and try to swing around and get the broadside?

Or just do the small damage and find another target. Preferable DD player that sails in straight line and takes the full damage from broadside hit. :cap_like:

Attack them broadside.  Cruisers too....any target you shoot at with rockets actually. ( approaching broadside heavy Cruisers and BB you wait untill the crosshair middle is slightly behind their hull : makes your rockets strike their unarmoured plating superstructure and reduces shatters on their armoured belt )

You better get used to that anyway as coming changes will make hitting sleek targets on their smallest surface much more difficult anyway. And with halved air concealment with AA off it will be more difficult to accuratly line up an attack run aswell.

No worries.....there will be arguably always DD that leave their AA on, maintaining a balance where strike aircraft can still kill DD fast.

[THESO]
Players
1,119 posts
15,181 battles
36 minutes ago, Puffin_ said:

I apologize on behalf of the DD-players with a brain for selfishly abusing this exploit to deny you "huge damage" on a silver platter. Shame on us.

Wargaming, please buff Enterprise rocket planes!

• Cool 1
  • Funny 11

[UNICS]
Players
4,501 posts
15,942 battles
38 minutes ago, Puffin_ said:

Can't you put the little bugger on some daycare?

• Funny 7

[HAMAR]
Players
347 posts
9 minutes ago, loppantorkel said:

Can't you put the little bugger on some daycare?

That would be good idea if they take some AA away from him and give him slower rudder.

Players
8,070 posts
8,914 battles
36 minutes ago, Puffin_ said:

As someone with an Enterprise and someone who played DD in Ranked and had to survive against Enterprise, Lexington and other such, yeah, it's basically the great "counterplay". Frankly, as the CV player:

• Try to attack DDs while they are preoccupied with other things. Basically like the German CVs, attack the DD when it already is being engaged. I had very fun experiences trying to dodge Cleveland and trying to angle against CV rockets at the same time.
  • Together with that, spotting: You spot DD next to your allies, they likely will shoot it. This might already be a great thing to get it killed.
  • Lastly, is the DD this important at the moment? If the DD is hiding somewhere with noone around, unless he's capping something important or coming after you, just go kill off a target of greater importance.

Also, you can imagine how fun it is loading into a match vs Lexington and having to guess what rocket loadout they carry, just to then get f***ed when guessing wrong. Thankfully that gets changed...

• Cool 3

[PACOS]
Weekend Tester
638 posts
5,384 battles
2 minutes ago, Puffin_ said:

That would be good idea if the take some AA away from him and give him slower rudder.

As long as you give it Fletcher torps and healthpool, I'm all in for that.

[BBMM]
Players
5,768 posts
7,322 battles
34 minutes ago, __Helmut_Kohl__ said:

THIS. If a DD player manages to "just dodge" he gets a +1 from me. 

You don't meet many of them. 

[NWP]
Players
1,332 posts
9,834 battles
1 hour ago, ReimuHakurei said:

Try to just out turn them and strike them on their broadside. 

Your planes are easier to maneuver and if you know what you are doing you can successfully attack said DD from just a distance of about 2.5km with the correct usage of boost and mouse turning. 

35 minutes ago, ReimuHakurei said:

If you can force the DD to drift into position even after you fired your rockets he will eat additional rockets due to lingering hitboxes. Even if you don't get a perfect broadside as long as the attacked DD is not stopping to turn you should be able to Inflict consistently high damage

Stop. Stop Now. Stop giving advise that work to people fighting against DDs LOL

Tell them rockets don't work against DDs and that they should come with torpedoes.

Tell them DD AA is so powerful that its better to attack a mino.

Tell them DD are useless in the game so they should concentrate on other targets. BBs are big fat and easy to hit.

LOL

Do I need to tell you I am joking?

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

Players
126 posts
85 battles
Vor 3 Minuten, Saltface sagte:

Do I need to tell you I am joking?

I hope this is sarcasm ;) :) :P

• Funny 2

[ENUF]
[ENUF]
Players
490 posts
22,391 battles

Funny... A CV is complaining about the damage he deals with his broken rocket planes against DDs . How often you play DD? Does it feel the same for you? 

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Players
1,332 posts
9,834 battles
5 minutes ago, ReimuHakurei said:

I hope this is sarcasm ;) :) :P

*gaugh *caugh

• Funny 1

Players
1,906 posts
5 minutes ago, SnuSnu_RIP said:

Funny... A CV is complaining about the damage he deals with his broken rocket planes against DDs . How often you play DD? Does it feel the same for you? 

DD's are way to OP against CV's. Pls buff CV vs DD. 

:Smile_trollface:

• Funny 3