You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
MaddAussie

Performance issue?

19 comments in this topic

[-RN--]
Players
1 post
464 battles

Since Saturday I have had issues with framerate drops and the came pausing for a second or so multiple times a game, nothing has changed as far as I am aware with my system, I thought it was just me but have just played a game with a friend who has had the same issue.

Is there an issue with the current build?

• Cool 3

Players
24 posts
14,841 battles

Seems to be something with the current build, but no official news. I have the same thing, been over my system making sure it's not anything local but nothing helps.

[ALONE]
Modder
2,136 posts
13,639 battles

Same here since the last patch.

FPS and ping are high, but the game starts to suffer from micro-stutters. 

• Cool 1

[-BIA-]
Players
3 posts
Alle 1/8/2020 alle 21:12, Smeggo ha scritto:

same things...I have strange ping peaks with fps drops

[POTS]
Beta Tester
16 posts
1,361 battles

Gladly to see im not the only one having a problem, just got back from holiday, and i thought holy sh*t. I've got massive ping spikes, sometimes 400+, and then back to normal 25-35, next ping spike can be up to as much as 2000+. Example, if i try to shoot, and it spikes, it doesnt respond for like 2 seconds. 

[WOOK5]
Players
18 posts
5,353 battles
On 8/1/2020 at 8:12 PM, Smeggo said:

Been having the similar issue, especially with microstutters. Pings are ok, although only had rubber banding issues last night before the patch release on the EU server. For now just the odd microstutter in a battle every minute or so, it isn't noticeable unless when zooming in or moving around quickly, then it becomes apparent when it happens. 

[PV]
[PV]
Players
62 posts
10,526 battles

WOWs system requirements simply go through the roof. Not sure if this is related to all the fantasy ships they shove in with every update (as e.g. the german carriers none of which was ever even close to existence or previously almost all of the russian BBs)  but I used to run the game on a single-core Laptop with 4GB of RAM with simple onboard graphics in nearly-medium graphics three years ago while nowadays a QuadCore with 12 GB and a much better GPU enables a bit more than minimum and still stutters every now and then.

[OLEUM]
Players
195 posts
18,679 battles

I also have stuttering problems.

with a normal ship the problem does not seem that big, only seems to happen when I move the mouse quickly.

but i just played an aircraft carrier game, to see how the new Germans are. the game stuttering  was a lot worse in the direction of unplayable.

lowering graphics options does not seem to work 

[BDRO]
Players
77 posts
15,634 battles

As in the old package as well as the 9.7, FPS drops always and affects the game. Nothing was done with this issue. I have always mentioned this problem but no solution

[OLEUM]
Players
195 posts
18,679 battles

it seems that the more players are online the worse the stuttering  is

• Cool 1

Players
115 posts
14,207 battles

My framerate has been down the drain lately, I have it set to 60 and that's where it usually stays. But for example last night, the framerate dropped below 30 and stayed there for an entire battle. According to Windows Task manager, my GPU load was 90%. That seems a bit excessive, even though I play in 4K resolution - but the video card is an RTX 2070 Super, so that should have no problems at all handling WoWs. No other processes were using GPU cycles. And I'm on the latest nVidia drivers (Win10, 64bit).

[OLEUM]
Players
195 posts
18,679 battles
1 hour ago, Hacienda said:

1903, about to update to see if it helps.

nothing else has so i'm not hopeful.

then that is not the problem,    I'm on windows 10  version  2004

Beta Tester
3 posts
12,243 battles
13 minutes ago, janneman77 said:

then that is not the problem,    I'm on windows 10  version  2004

ah well, had put off updating for long enough anyway.

My only other thought is graphics driver which I updated the same day, can't roll it back currently though as I have a game that requires it

Radeon 20.8.1 RX 580

Edit* apologies think the above is the software version driver is 20.20.01.13

Players
1 post
5,335 battles

Same issue here. Right before the German Carriers-Event I could play with with all the graphics-related parameters cranked to the max. Now I got micro-stuttering, ships bouncing horizontally when I zoom in, etc. I could observe that this seemingly has something to do with the amount of players on a server.

It has nothing to do with systems temperature nor with the age of my system - other games like Far Cry 4, Destiny 2 etc. run flawlessly.

Specs:

AMD Phenom II X6 1090

Geforce 1080 GTX

8 GB RAM

Windows 10 (latest and greatest)

[40-1]
Beta Tester, In AlfaTesters
244 posts
10,603 battles
On 7/27/2020 at 3:01 PM, MaddAussie said:

Since Saturday I have had issues with framerate drops and the came pausing for a second or so multiple times a game, nothing has changed as far as I am aware with my system, I thought it was just me but have just played a game with a friend who has had the same issue.

Is there an issue with the current build?

I have same issues.

Modder
4,872 posts
22,135 battles

I got the same stuff. Problem was Windows actualization which used drives at full speed ...