You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Skyee_8492

Better Ranked Battles " IN MY OPINION "

28 comments in this topic

[UKGB]
Players
57 posts

Ranked Battles

The introduction of some kind of criteria

I think it's about time Ranked Battles had some of kind of criteria that allows only the more genuine players to play this mode? How many times have to been given a bad deal on the MM and the match is totally 1 sided, lasted 2 minutes and you never stood a chance due to a picking of lack luster players who ain't really interested in ranking up. I know it's happened to me and when i check the guilty players out they always have what i would consider under par stats now generally i disregard stats in the grand scheme of things they are so general but they can help you get a general idea of how the person plays. Usually a sub standard W/L ratio is a good indicator i.e 3000 matches played with a W/L of 45% is a good indication that player is just not that interested and i've seen stats like theses. I enjoy ranked but its so aggravating when you get sold up the swanny by dilly dally players who throw games away with what i would consider Yolo plays especially since its mid tier ranked and anybody can just join in, it doesn't make it very enjoyable when you real rank 10 and you get a string of bad games now you're back at rank 12. The last ranked was a total chore with it being T7 and easily my worst performance with 160 games and i couldn't even crack into the 9s because i didn't play the Sinop and camp the game away behind an island i stood no chance of leveling up which i just gave up on but i digress.

Ranked in my option needs some kind of criteria that only allows those above average players to be allowed access or completely change how players progress in ranked by binning of that stupid winner star that allows the top player to keep rank if that team lost cause half the time it doesn't make sense how the camper who did little in the way of strategic play comes top over the players being a little more active for example. Ideally it should be modified to allow the top half of a team to keep rank of the bottom 3 to be demoted.  The top star does little in the way to promote team play since everybody is to concerned out winning themselves rather than the team which this game lacks criminally outside of divving up with people you know or clans. 

Edited: for format (please think mobile users too while posting)

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 3

[HANDS]
Players
246 posts
20,956 battles

And what if players keep their profile hidden, like yourself?

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

Players
1,437 posts
6,735 battles

We need ranked based on Elo rating:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elo_rating_system

The Elo system was originally invented as an improved chess-rating system over the previously used Harkness system, but is also used as a rating system for multiplayer competition in a number of video games,[1] association football, American football, basketball,[2] Major League Baseball, table tennis, board games such as Scrabble and Diplomacy, and other games.

A player's Elo rating is represented by a number which may change depending on the outcome of rated games played. After every game, the winning player takes points from the losing one. The difference between the ratings of the winner and loser determines the total number of points gained or lost after a game. If the high-rated player wins, then only a few rating points will be taken from the low-rated player. However, if the lower-rated player scores an upset win, many rating points will be transferred. The lower-rated player will also gain a few points from the higher rated player in the event of a draw. This means that this rating system is self-correcting. Players whose ratings are too low or too high should, in the long run, do better or worse correspondingly than the rating system predicts and thus gain or lose rating points until the ratings reflect their true playing strength.

• Cool 2

[BLITZ]
Modder
4,723 posts
8,762 battles
12 minutes ago, Ocsimano18 said:

We need ranked based on Elo rating:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elo_rating_system

An Elo system can only work if the team setup does not change troughout the match. Then the values are quite equal for the whole match. As soon as one member of a team is "eliminated from the equation" (in WoWs: that ship got sunk) the team setup is no more equal. 

This whole topic was discussed many times and it was also pointed out many times that an Elo-System will not work with the current WoWs.

some problems with Elo in WoWs:

• no way to calculate a proper Elo value for team or single players
  • no gauge to value skill in this game
  • no respawn mechanics to keep the team setup the same for the whole match
  • Cool 1

[LEEUW]
Players
2,278 posts
10,058 battles

*Cries about other players' stats*

*has stats set on private*

Lmao

• Cool 6
  • Funny 2

[UKGB]
Players
57 posts

Lmao to those who checked my profile to make a case ;) thats exactly why i hide my stats so you planks can't make a stupid unrelated case against me and trust me W/L is over 50%, about 5000 games played in case y'all was wondering. It's sad you couldn't just disagree or /& make a counter point or just pass on the thread instead you try to attack cause you feel insulted lmao sad. Nice you know yall feel some kinda way tho :P 

• Funny 1
  • Boring 3

[PISH]
Players
370 posts
3,068 battles

Mate I hate to break it to you but 50% W/L is above average compared to bots. So start by thinking what more you could have done for the team to win before you blame teammates however good or bad there may be.

That or cry some more.

• Funny 1

[NMA]
Players
1,221 posts
18,566 battles

Comes with some half arsed idea about ranked then insults people that replay to his post. Quality topic, I give it 8/10

• Funny 1

[UKGB]
Players
57 posts

I made it clear stats are just a general broad scope of how good a player is like you can't have played 3000 games plus and still suck that hard.  Y'all trying to claim the high ground that you won't get jumping off topic to my point with childish points to make which honestly should be no surprise at this point. Yall just some hypocritical [edited]mfs who tried to check mines to get one up and you couldn't now sour faces everywhere XD love it and quirkr, you're easily the worst offender cause if my stats was open they'd have go me first and you wouldn't be singing that same song. Take a seat pal, take a seat! 

• Boring 2

[UKGB]
Players
57 posts

I can only assume you guy's done like decent competition and lasting games since that are more often than not 1 sided since y'all crying about it  :Smile-_tongue: Why wouldn't anybody want to have a decent games with players who're on the same par 

tenor.gif

Players
1,437 posts
6,735 battles
40 minutes ago, principat121 said:

An Elo system can only work if the team setup does not change troughout the match. Then the values are quite equal for the whole match. As soon as one member of a team is "eliminated from the equation" (in WoWs: that ship got sunk) the team setup is no more equal. 

This whole topic was discussed many times and it was also pointed out many times that an Elo-System will not work with the current WoWs.

some problems with Elo in WoWs:

• 1. no way to calculate a proper Elo value for team or single players
  • 2. no gauge to value skill in this game
  • 3. no respawn mechanics to keep the team setup the same for the whole match

1. You can calculate the team Elo as the sum of the individual Elo-s. You calculate the Elo gain for the team. You can divide the Elo gain/loss equally across team members.

2. Elo measures the skill on the long run, that's why it's useful

3. No re-spawn is needed, it's a team effort. If one dies in the beginning, it's a loss for the team.

[UKGB]
Players
57 posts
51 minutes ago, GarrusBrutus said:

*Cries about other players' stats*

*has stats set on private*

Lmao

Duh! I knew people would go looking... :Smile_great:

tenor.gif

• Funny 1

[BLITZ]
Modder
4,723 posts
8,762 battles
Just now, Ocsimano18 said:

1. You can calculate the team Elo as the sum of the individual Elo-s. You calculate the Elo gain for the team. You can divide the Elo gain/loss equally across team members.

2. Elo measures the skill on the long run, that's why it's useful

3. No re-spawn is needed, it's a team effort. If one dies in the beginning, it's a loss for the team.

You gave no example of how to calculate the individual Elo for the players? How to do that? What is the base to calculate a sinlge number to reflect the "skill" of a player? And if you divide the Elo gain equal across the team, means that the afk players gets the same amount as the hard carrier for the team. Is this fair? I highly doubt it. 

Maybe I suggest to dig deeper into Elo-Rating in general and how and where they are implemented in games. All team Elo systems work only if the team setup stays the same throughout the match. That is the point to install Elo in the first place! To have balanced teams. As soon as you take out one player the teams are nor more equal and the whole purpose of the rating gets lost. 

Elo-ratings work best for "single player games". And when you team does not change then the whole "team body" can be treated as a single player. 

Can you give me an example of an implemented Elo-Rating system for team matches where no respawn mechanic is implemented too?!

• Cool 1

[PISH]
Players
370 posts
3,068 battles

Well just by your post quality I would like to have you on the enemy team. Star is assured in that case.

• Boring 1

Players
866 posts
8,891 battles
5 minutes ago, Skyee_8492 said:

Duh! I knew people would go looking... :Smile_great:

tenor.gif

Well he is right you complain about others stats then hide your own and expect us to take your word for it lol
And plenty of people reach rank 1 with the same teams as others have said think about what more you couldd be doing.
You should also consider that players better than you might feel the same way and that you shouldn't be there clogging up the team but they just get on with it.
Thread level = :Smile_facepalm:

• Boring 1

[B0TS]
[B0TS]
Beta Tester
175 posts
5,407 battles
8 hours ago, Skyee_8492 said:

I know it's happened to me and when i check the guilty players out they always have what i would consider under par stats

26 minutes ago, Skyee_8492 said:

Yall just some hypocritical [edited]mfs who tried to check mines to get one up and you couldn't

This sort of weakens your argument.

• Funny 2

[UKGB]
Players
57 posts

I was just a thought, an idea like it needed to be a flushed out idea like im presenting into WG like they care. I did know y'all be this up tight about ones opinion and start the water works about me hiding mine and even if they was like 65% W/L win 10000 games you'd all still cry about something so if they was on show or not you'd still be booing about something if not that then something else. Gotta stay sucker free in a world full of lolly pops 

• Boring 1

[UKGB]
Players
57 posts
5 minutes ago, Zip__ said:

This sort of weakens your argument.

i think at this point does it even matter. It's not like anybody here has actually responded to the main point of the thought now is it

• Boring 1

[UKGB]
Players
57 posts
14 minutes ago, Eternus_Damnatio said:

Well he is right you complain about others stats then hide your own and expect us to take your word for it lol
And plenty of people reach rank 1 with the same teams as others have said think about what more you couldd be doing.
You should also consider that players better than you might feel the same way and that you shouldn't be there clogging up the team but they just get on with it.

He's not right, its his opinion and one i saw coming a mile off and not a very good one. I new people would go looking and complain about mine rather than trying to see my general point like i'm the only one who's experiencing this which i'm not i can assure you more experienced players i know have also brought up the same issues without my input.

• Boring 1

Players
1,437 posts
6,735 battles
26 minutes ago, principat121 said:

You gave no example of how to calculate the individual Elo for the players? How to do that? What is the base to calculate a sinlge number to reflect the "skill" of a player? And if you divide the Elo gain equal across the team, means that the afk players gets the same amount as the hard carrier for the team. Is this fair? I highly doubt it. 

Each player starts with 100 ELO. All players in the winning team gain the same ELO, all player in the losing team lose the same ELO. You're ELO will reflect your skill over several matches, not in a single match. It's an adaptive measure. The best players will have their ELO increasing till they achieve some ceiling, like 1500. Other players will move back and forth, like between 800-1000. AFK and hard carrier gets the same gain in a single match, but their ELO will reflect their skill over several matches. Also you can have 3 classes. E.g. 0-500, 500-1000, above 1000. The match maker would match you only within your class, like now the ranks 18-11, ranks 10-6, ranks 5-2 are one match making class. The final ranking would happen at the end of the season, the prizes would be distributed at the end of the season, based on your final ranking.

[BS4]
Players
1,287 posts
7,241 battles
1 hour ago, Skyee_8492 said:

Lmao to those who checked my profile to make a case ;) thats exactly why i hide my stats so you planks can't make a stupid unrelated case against me ....

Ok just a word of advise, you came here asking for an opinion on ranked due to YOUR experience, then claim stats are unrelated to an individual (that's the only thing that is relative to players-all of us) and then call people Planks for tyring to asses your eligibility and experience in regards to the topic at hand.?

16 minutes ago, Skyee_8492 said:

i think at this point does it even matter. It's not like anybody here has actually responded to the main point of the thought now is it

with this sort of attitude can you blame them.?

On topic....

Wg can not discriminate what modes are open to who just based on there performance In a free game.

There profit margins would suffer too much as a result.:Smile_trollface:

[SHAFT]
Players
9,556 posts
8,858 battles
24 minutes ago, Skyee_8492 said:

He's not right, its his opinion and one i saw coming a mile off and not a very good one. I new people would go looking and complain about mine rather than trying to see my general point like i'm the only one who's experiencing this which i'm not i can assure you more experienced players i know have also brought up the same issues without my input.

Often enough, its players with equal or just marginally better stats than what they complain about. So essentially, they would want to remove themselves, but ofc they claim they are just unlucky with teams or sun didnt shine that day or whatever....

f.e. this

9 hours ago, Skyee_8492 said:

The last ranked was a total chore with it being T7 and easily my worst performance with 160 games and i couldn't even crack into the 9s because i didn't play the Sinop and camp the game away behind an island i stood no chance of leveling up which i just gave up on but i digress. 

If you cant make R9, then you probably arent a good player yourself...

edit:

like if you are a 55% player (lets just say), what would you say, if all the 60+% players just demand you get out, because now you are the one ruining it for them?

[SERBS]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,388 posts
8,006 battles

Complains about other players' stats, has private stats - irrelevant thread. 

[UKGB]
Players
57 posts

Again i've had more experienced players i know have 4/5+ bad games in a row with bad teams and managed to keep there star every time yet still make the same line of thought i made.

You get what the MM gives you and since its only rank 8 its not exactly going to be all T10 players with tons of game experience.  Get a couple of bad players in a 6vs6 format and you can bet you're going to get more often than not crushed. 

Which FYI is facts.... Yall just claiming stupidity atm like this is only happening to me, it must be just me and non of you have ever experienced a thing. 

Another pointless effort on both yall parts but wp tho, wp cause its clear nobody whats a conversation rather just knock me down a peg or 2 which is sad really. 

Erm Stay mad i guess, you can't get them 1 ups on me you wanted

FYI I won't be wasting my time on you cryers anymore cause frankly i don't care to argue with grown women... I promise you i won't check this bout stay stay booing to yourselves lmao

I guess the next time you have a string of bad games remember it wasn't the MM or the lack luster players, it was just you since you was in the games. :D 

Laters Gaters 

tenor.gif

• Boring 1