You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Furius_Marius

Be positive!!! Help the good and nice players.

24 comments in this topic

[DAVY]
[DAVY]
Players
149 posts
8,522 battles

I wish more people had this mentality for the game :fish_happy:

• Cool 7

Beta Tester
1,971 posts
12,852 battles
20 minutes ago, Furius_Marius said:

I know it has been a hard year in life for a lot of people (myself included). In a lot of moments the game can get very salty. And we use the report very easy. And some people for any reason. And I know the karma in game its just a number. But if we vote positive the people that carry the game, the good players, the nice players, the polite players, the team players. When they see they have been complimented or you say thank you to them, they will know they are doing something good!!! and they will try to do it again next battle. The same we use negative feedback. Lets not forget the positive!!!! its the only way they will know that they are doing something good for the game. And we know it. Help the good ones! 

I regularly use all 11 of my available daily compliments and almost never use all of my (pointless) daily reports. I only ever report people for misbehaviour in chat if, well, they misbehave in chat.

Positive reinforcement is much better.

• Cool 9

Players
923 posts
13,097 battles

Ah...

Even now when I could give 11 compliments per day I rarely run out. Forgot about my previous resolution to reward positive chat and team play, but at least I've given up reporting so I'm half-way there!

• Cool 2

[BHSFL]
Players
3,395 posts

You mean like this ?

In game ( and ofcourse the dead can still speak in this game ....:Smile_facepalm: ) they were making every comment in the book as they though they were losing a rank and who else bears the blame for every mistake better then the CV ( if absent : DD's )  , comments which i will not repeat here due to forum regulations.

It ended differently. Hence the cynical proverb "When you win you have "friends"......

Btw : do compliment players on excellent and extraordinary performed actions ( however low they may end up scoring, not every excellent or extraordinary action gets a score reward in this game ) i see happening. And i rarely report. As feeling insulted very easily merely means your ego is too large.....:Smile_facepalm:

image.png.960b3aff251b5cb609cc3aa2b155083c.png

• Cool 1

Players
3,118 posts
4,738 battles
42 minutes ago, Furius_Marius said:

I know it has been a hard year in life for a lot of people (myself included). In a lot of moments the game can get very salty. And we use the report very easy. And some people for any reason. And I know the karma in game its just a number. But if we vote positive the people that carry the game, the good players, the nice players, the polite players, the team players. When they see they have been complimented or you say thank you to them, they will know they are doing something good!!! and they will try to do it again next battle. The same we use negative feedback. Lets not forget the positive!!!! its the only way they will know that they are doing something good for the game. And we know it. Help the good ones! 

That ain't working pal. Yesterday I secured victory for my team in Ranked with my Massachusetts and got reported for that because I saw report after that battle in my logs... I didn't use chat at all exept ping team mate in Bismarck to not to rush into death beacuse he was -5k HP left. But he didn't listen to me, and he died anyway...

So yea, good players do get rewarded - with reports. Experienced that several times lately.

• Cool 1

[UNICS]
Players
4,501 posts
15,942 battles
39 minutes ago, Furius_Marius said:

People are getting so jaded that I was called an idiot a week or so ago. My crime: writing 'wp öland +1' in chat. The bb following us and seeing öland just being sunk, thought I was being sarcastic. I suppose I could've complimented öland at a different time, but you don't know if he hangs around after being sunk. Anyway, I subsequently reported the bb since I got no response from him afterwards. That's the thing - If you mess up, at least apologise and things are good.

• Cool 5

Players
239 posts
5,308 battles

I think we are howling at the moon here unfortunately but you can only try to improve the reactions in chat, so well said.

Had a battle the other day where a Georgia held one side and died just as I and support got to him, we cleaned up but I said to him well done in chat as he was explaining he had done all he could having been deserted by 2 GK's, he seemed to think on ti for a moment then came back in chat and in all higher case shouted "are you being sarcastic?"

I then had to take time to say no, I saw his fight and he did well, we were winning because of what he did, he said thanks but I understood why he thought I was having a dig at him as it's the norm.

• Cool 2

[BHSFL]
Players
3,395 posts
19 minutes ago, Europizza said:

Giving compliments also makes you feel better :cap_like:

Buddhist never do that....it inflates the ego. No worse curse for them then as an inflated ego increases human suffering ( with an inflated ego everything is a slight or insult and one suffers when not revered by others...) and may well mean they not reach Nirvana in this life.....and get to be imprisoned in (human) bodies again...

I'm not a buddist....but i do understand where they are coming from.... some things are simply observations how humans work.

It also implicates i should compliment my enemies :Smile-_tongue:  Some actually do with the "Well done" message when i explode early with a DD...:Smile_teethhappy:

• Funny 2

Players
4,443 posts
7,600 battles
2 hours ago, Bear__Necessities said:

But how am I supposed to keep up my grumpy forum persona!

Down vote the OP.

• Funny 2

Players
1,619 posts
18,174 battles

I have found when complimenting a person in chat first of all don't just say WP you have to say what they did or a lot of people assume your being sarcastic. Also never ever tell a CV in chat your giving him +1 they always get really offended, if you feel a CV deserves it give it anonymously.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
1,971 posts
12,852 battles
1 minute ago, lovelacebeer said:

Also never ever tell a CV in chat your giving him +1 they always get really offended, if you feel a CV deserves it give it anonymously.

I use "Well played CV, you've now put me in the uncomfortable position of having to compliment a carrier player. Gonna need a shower after this!"

• Funny 5

Beta Tester
4,763 posts
19,843 battles
4 hours ago, Furius_Marius said:

But if we vote positive the people that carry the game, the good players, the nice players, the polite players, the team players

Would do, but there are so few to be found... And usually all my reactions are gone after the first couple games for negative Karma, so the chances to give positive Karma are slim... ^^

[INTRO]
[INTRO]
Players
1,437 posts
16,726 battles

I would like to see the Karma-system rebuilt so that only positive Karma counts and at the end of the month you get a small reward based on how many points you have. On the first of the month it resets and starts over.

Enforce the positive.

• Cool 3

Beta Tester
1,971 posts
12,852 battles
9 minutes ago, Deckeru_Maiku said:

Would do, but there are so few to be found... And usually all my reactions are gone after the first couple games for negative Karma, so the chances to give positive Karma are slim... ^^

Aren't reports and compliments on separate lists? As in you can use all your comps and still have all reports left.

[BHSFL]
Players
3,395 posts
30 minutes ago, lovelacebeer said:

I have found when complimenting a person in chat first of all don't just say WP you have to say what they did or a lot of people assume your being sarcastic. Also never ever tell a CV in chat your giving him +1 they always get really offended, if you feel a CV deserves it give it anonymously.

That is wasted time selecting the +1 option :

You are happy with the CV : +1 The enemy at the same time is full or wrath ( assuming  the CV performed well to deserve your compliment ) and files 2 reports. Result : the CV may never notice 0 karma ever changing.

In Operations my Karma goes up ( bots do not complain when destroyed, humans like players that can turn grimm odds ) in randoms it goes down. Playing well ( in CV, arguably DD too  ) allies sometimes compliment but enemies will report nearly always .... ah well...we all experience that i assume.

Players
1,619 posts
18,174 battles
6 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

That is wasted time selecting the +1 option :

You are happy with the CV : +1 The enemy at the same time is full or wrath ( if the CV perfomred well to deserve your compliment ) and files 2 reports. Result : the CV may never notice 0 karma ever changing.

Perhaps, however I still believe good play should be acknowledged when it occurs. 

• Cool 2

Players
6,763 posts
245 battles
5 hours ago, _Xaero_ said:

I wish more people had this mentality for the game :fish_happy:

And for life as well, people get rewarded sod all for good behaviour which discourages humans who would on a consistent basis help others, but tend not to due to fear of punishment or sick of not being rewarded for doing something decent (Everyone needs praise for good rewards even if they are expected and selfless).

Oh well back to our reeing sessions.

• Cool 1

[JRM]
Players
6,283 posts
24,145 battles
29 minutes ago, xxNihilanxx said:

Aren't reports and compliments on separate lists? As in you can use all your comps and still have all reports left.

They are

[BHSFL]
Players
3,395 posts

This one in ranked made me smile.....foul language and still a sort of a compliment. :Smile_teethhappy:

Background : he sailed close to an island to prevent a torpedo atttack from that side but i chose to drop torpedo's between the island and him anyway.....they indeed hit water and not land, soared toward him but failed to arm in time. 

wows 19.jpg