Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Itwastuesday

What's Roon even supposed to do

7 comments in this topic

[SPURD]
Players
305 posts
3,325 battles

Do I reverse at the enemy or something? What's with the goofy turret layout and firing angles?

[CORNG]
Players
1,869 posts
15,258 battles
5 minutes ago, Itwastuesday said:

Do I reverse at the enemy or something? What's with the goofy turret layout and firing angles?

Roon is good in kiting but bad if it has to push forward due to the gun layout.

Make sure not to get spotted when turning :Smile_hiding:

[-RM-]
Beta Tester
2,088 posts
8,430 battles

It's Nurnberg in its final form, and plays very similarly.  Been a while since I played it but it used to be really good, and the Hindenburg that comes after is IMO worth it. Tier 9 cruisers in general are alright across the board really.

[CATS]
Players
26,125 posts
14,103 battles
45 minutes ago, Itwastuesday said:

You have a rudder, use it. It is pretty normal that you cannot point all guns in every one direction.

• Cool 1

Players
8,083 posts
8,914 battles
58 minutes ago, Itwastuesday said:

Turrets can fire over forward at an angle, turrets can be used for kiting. Roon is good at that. Obviously it sucks at bow-in standoffs, but why would you do that?

I mean, how did you get through Königsberg or Nürnberg?

Also there exist many other ships with rear bias, especially Japanese.

[SPURD]
Players
305 posts
3,325 battles

Well the Nürnberg can rotate back turrets 360 so that really helps. With the Roon it feels like I can't shoot the back turrets at all when trying to angle and dodge. 

[RO-RN]
Players
852 posts
10,573 battles

Roon is very good at kiting and punishing broadsides by using AP shells. The ship is a monster in randoms when played correctly... With Gunther Lutjens Roon becomes even more powerful, I recommend him on german high tier cruisers as it makes them quite OP and it is very good on carriers and gun boat build destroyers. He is not worth it on battleships as secondary builds are a bad joke in 2020, fun 1/10 times and frustrating 9/10 times.

Sign in to follow this