Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.

23 comments in this topic

Players
2 posts
1,572 battles

German Aircraft Tier X Richtofen have Ta 152 C-1/14 what if instead Ta 152 C-1/14 was Horten Ho 229 ? It is something special and new because Ta 152 C-1/14 have graf zeppelin and it is repeat .

horten.jpg

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Players
1,484 posts
3,113 battles

listen man, while i like the Ho229; a jet when every other CV has prop planes? really? 

Plus, it just can't operate from carriers; it's not like a "bad choise" from WG like the Bf-110 on Perseval or the Do.22 on Weser, which they are not the greatest choise, but i can see then working. The Horten is just NO, NO Absolutely NOT. 

Btw, it's "R-14"; not just 14; the R stands for Rüstsatz: field modification kits; the R-14 being the specific one for a ETC 502 torpedo rack.

[BHSFL]
Players
3,419 posts
35 minutes ago, _DedinskaBuchta_ said:

It is something special and new

horten.jpg

When you consider a lot of the player base actually hate CV in game, it would arguably be TOO special and cause another drama lama outrage......while probably doing nothing different from anohter model.

• Cool 1

Players
1,484 posts
3,113 battles
12 minuti fa, Beastofwar ha scritto:

When you consider a lot of the player base actually hate CV in game, it would arguably be TOO special and cause another drama lama outrage......while probably doing nothing different from anohter model.

If you haven't noticed, he's a CV main

[JOLLY]
Players
140 posts
11,058 battles

TA152C is and always has been treated as a TX plane on a t8 cv (Graf Zep), a German Saipan without the problem of horrendously poor reserves. The TA 152 C is perfectly suited to Richthofen.

• Cool 1

Players
2 posts
1,572 battles
2 hours ago, LoveZeppelin said:

TA152C is and always has been treated as a TX plane on a t8 cv (Graf Zep), a German Saipan without the problem of horrendously poor reserves. The TA 152 C is perfectly suited to Richthofen.

ha :D tier VIII planes againt tier X ships :D perfectly suited to Richthofen. yes of course :D 

Players
1,484 posts
3,113 battles
17 minuti fa, _DedinskaBuchta_ ha scritto:

ha :D tier VIII planes againt tier X ships :D perfectly suited to Richthofen. yes of course :D 

what?

[THESO]
Players
953 posts
8,482 battles
5 minutes ago, wot_2016_gunner said:

what?

AFAIK Richthofen flied the best planes of his era... 

• Cool 1

Players
1,484 posts
3,113 battles
Proprio ora, Kenjiro_ ha scritto:

AFAIK Richthofen flied the best planes of his era... 

Which Richtofen and which era? 'cause this sentence made me a little confused:Smile_amazed:

[THESO]
Players
953 posts
8,482 battles
Just now, wot_2016_gunner said:

Which Richtofen and which era? 'cause this sentence made me a little confused:Smile_amazed:

Google "Red Baron" 😁

• Cool 1

[BHSFL]
Players
3,419 posts
4 hours ago, wot_2016_gunner said:

If you haven't noticed, he's a CV main

:Smile_honoring:

And for the record : i would like such planes.Just imagined already tense others won't. :Smile_trollface: 

Players
1,484 posts
3,113 battles
8 minuti fa, Kenjiro_ ha scritto:

Google "Red Baron" 😁

Well, the Albatros D.III was really good, tho Richtofen himself called the D.V (the successor to the D.III) "obsolete and ridiculously inferior". The Fokker Dr.1 was good, very manouvrable, but i wouldn't really call it the best.

The best German aircraft of WW1 is the Fokker D.VII, which Richtofen championed the development of, with suggestions to overcome the deficiencies of the current German fighter; however, he died days before the D.VII reached the Jagdstaffeln, so he never flew it in combat.

Btw, Manfred got 61 out of his 80 kills with the Albatros. 

I have his autobiography btw. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Red_Fighter_Pilot

• Cool 1

Players
165 posts
1,969 battles
3 hours ago, LoveZeppelin said:

Idk man, for a tier 10 plane, aside from its speed it sure does seem inferior to a lot of its competition in tier 8.

Rockets are inferior to Lexi's Tiny Tims. 

The triple torpedo drops are also inferior to Lexi's.

The AP dive bombers are inferior to every AP dive bombers in tier 8+ as well.

I'm sorry but while WG might claim that they are tier 10 planes, they sure don't perform like one.

[JOLLY]
Players
140 posts
11,058 battles
6 minutes ago, Communist_Loli said:

Idk man, for a tier 10 plane, aside from its speed it sure does seem inferior to a lot of its competition in tier 8.

Rockets are inferior to Lexi's Tiny Tims. 

The triple torpedo drops are also inferior to Lexi's.

The AP dive bombers are inferior to every AP dive bombers in tier 8+ as well.

I'm sorry but while WG might claim that they are tier 10 planes, they sure don't perform like one.

Munitions and airframes are two distinct problems. I am waiting to get my hands on the finalized Richthofen TA152s to contrast and compare airframe loadouts (alpha, speed etc)) with Graf's TA152s.

Airframe speed, energy retention (boost duration) and agility are more than t10 worthy. The bombs they carry, are another matter (and worry). The WOWS wiki is confusing too, because it suggest the t10 Richthofen ta15s (174kph)  will be slower than Zeppelin's ta152s (181kph). Worse the wiki states that maxium torpedo dmg for Manfred to be 4533, while for our Graf Zeppelin, torp dmg is 5333. I can't believe that information is accurate or uptodate (is it?).

[THESO]
Players
953 posts
8,482 battles
56 minutes ago, wot_2016_gunner said:

Well, the Albatros D.III was really good, tho Richtofen himself called the D.V (the successor to the D.III) "obsolete and ridiculously inferior". The Fokker Dr.1 was good, very manouvrable, but i wouldn't really call it the best.

The best German aircraft of WW1 is the Fokker D.VII, which Richtofen championed the development of, with suggestions to overcome the deficiencies of the current German fighter; however, he died days before the D.VII reached the Jagdstaffeln, so he never flew it in combat.

Btw, Manfred got 61 out of his 80 kills with the Albatros. 

I have his autobiography btw. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Red_Fighter_Pilot

Correct me if I'm wrong but I remember reading about Baron's planes enjoying higher service ceilings and better climb rates. Which gives him the advantage of lurking at high altitudes where his enemies cannot climb.

Players
8,111 posts
8,919 battles
50 minutes ago, LoveZeppelin said:

Munitions and airframes are two distinct problems. I am waiting to get my hands on the finalized Richthofen TA152s to contrast and compare airframe loadouts (alpha, speed etc)) with Graf's TA152s.

Airframe speed, energy retention (boost duration) and agility are more than t10 worthy. The bombs they carry, are another matter (and worry). The WOWS wiki is confusing too, because it suggest the t10 Richthofen ta15s (174kph)  will be slower than Zeppelin's ta152s (181kph). Worse the wiki states that maxium torpedo dmg for Manfred to be 4533, while for our Graf Zeppelin, torp dmg is 5333. I can't believe that information is accurate or uptodate (is it?).

GZ has the best German CV torps in terms of damage, because tech line CVs have low damage but fast torpedos, GZ has pretty standard speed on the torps. 

[JOLLY]
Players
140 posts
11,058 battles
12 minutes ago, Bunny_Lover_Kallen said:

GZ has the best German CV torps in terms of damage, because tech line CVs have low damage but fast torpedos, GZ has pretty standard speed on the torps. 

ah that may clarify things. 

still

14 minutes ago, Bunny_Lover_Kallen said:

GZ has the best German CV torps

this is a rather sad thing to read. 

Players
1,484 posts
3,113 battles
18 minuti fa, Kenjiro_ ha scritto:

Correct me if I'm wrong but I remember reading about Baron's planes enjoying higher service ceilings and better climb rates. Which gives him the advantage of lurking at high altitudes where his enemies cannot climb.

That was moltly my opinion; apart the D.V, about that i trust someone that has more expirience. 

To be fair tho; the Ta-152 kinda fits that descripton. 

Players
8,111 posts
8,919 battles
1 minute ago, LoveZeppelin said:

this is a rather sad thing to read. 

They are like this, because they are on Ta152s. They had higher damage in testing and were pretty stupid, because of the high plane speed (with engine boost also being percentage based, so planes going like 260 knots on boost), GZ could just devastate ships with torps fast, as it takes no time to come back. They still are the fastest torp bombers and thus can be cycled fast for repeated attacks, their drawback being that the GZ can overstretch the torp bombers that way though, so you run out of them. It's good though when you have to rely on them, but you should use the other bombers when you can to give the torp bombers some room to recover.

Players
1,619 posts
18,177 battles

As we are not going to see German jets on a carrier flight deck in game I will leave you with this view of HMS Reaper. 

IMG_5188.PNG

Players
1,484 posts
3,113 battles
6 minuti fa, lovelacebeer ha scritto:

As we are not going to see German jets on a carrier flight deck in game I will leave you with this view of HMS Reaper. 

IMG_5188.PNG

i saw it countless times to be honest

Sign in to follow this