You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
virtual_francky

This can not go on like that .... WG please do something

131 comments in this topic

Players
69 posts
13,538 battles

I have just played a Ranked game, in which our Al Litorio, fired at me on purpose at beginning ( I just said we will need luck according to stats ( no name nor ship reference )), then he went backward the all game, did not support the team nor fire, and when we where nearly all dead, he just fired to kill 2 ships already damaged and save his star. This is so frustrating, we should have the possibility to report for a game BAN for several days for these type of players, not only they dont play in a coop way, but they also destroy the pleasure of others to play competitive mode.

Yesterday a DD AFK for 10 min, then awake, went at the back of the map, and fired torp at our CV, I had to go there and Killed him, and you know what, I have finished 1st anyway...... OMG

• Cool 3
  • Funny 2
  • Bad 8

[BLITZ]
Modder
4,715 posts
8,745 battles
14 minutes ago, virtual_francky said:

I had to go there and Killed him

No - you don't! You do not have to kill him. 

You show the same stupidity game behaviour then the others. 

• Bad 3

[THESO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,115 posts
8,946 battles
4 minutes ago, principat121 said:

Honestly? Killing a teammate to save another teammate from him sounds kind of noble. Kudos to him

• Cool 10

[OGHF]
Players
1,131 posts
19,797 battles
3 minutes ago, principat121 said:

Spot on, it makes as bad if not worse than him, all you do is record game or screen shot and raise a ticket.

• Bad 3

[OGHF]
Players
1,131 posts
19,797 battles
1 minute ago, domen3 said:

Honestly? Killing a teammate to save another teammate from him sounds kind of noble. Kudos to him

Nope, just makes him as bad.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[THESO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,115 posts
8,946 battles
18 minutes ago, Cyclops_ said:

Nope, just makes him as bad.

Makes him better actually

• Cool 5

Players
69 posts
13,538 battles
13 minutes ago, principat121 said:

What is better 

1/ A dead CV and a useless DD

or

2/ A CV who still fight and a dead useless DD

make your call, mine was done .....

8 minutes ago, Cyclops_ said:

Spot on, it makes as bad if not worse than him, all you do is record game or screen shot and raise a ticket.

I can always do it, game is recorded, BUT what will be the punishment ????, a ban chat, OMG I m sure, he is afraid now. Best thing would be a game ban for several days/week .

• Cool 5

[BHSFL]
Players
3,399 posts

You do not TK other players. Let the games automated system handle them. It will work as such players will continue that behaviour and the automated system wil act progressively more punishing. They will be grieving in only COOP when continueing. ( and that is not a good thing either but it removes them from other modes )

You can also file a report with replay for WG representative judgement.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 6

[BLITZ]
Modder
4,715 posts
8,745 battles
16 minutes ago, virtual_francky said:

Best thing would be a game ban for several days/week

So, you are okay with YOU being punished that way for sinking a team mate? 

Good to hear... 

:cap_like:

Players
69 posts
13,538 battles
3 minutes ago, principat121 said:

So, you are okay with YOU being punished that way for sinking a team mate? 

Good to hear... 

:cap_like:

Yes I am, no problem, because in front of a complain on my side, I will definitively win my case, and have a shorten punishment.

• Cool 2

[I-J-N]
Players
4,137 posts
8 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

You do not TK other players. Let the games automated system handle them. It will work as such players will continue that behaviour and the automated system wil act progressively more punishing. They will be grieving in only COOP when continueing. ( and that is not a good thing either but it removes them from other modes )

This because we have to play Game Rules even if in a real life situation a different action might be warranted.

Players
69 posts
13,538 battles
7 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

nope because there is no clearly define sanction for these behavior. With a clear define sanction, maybe this will encourage people to report, and discourage misbehavior.

• Cool 3

[BBMMX]
Players
1,053 posts
5,361 battles
47 minutes ago, virtual_francky said:

I have just played a Ranked game, in which our Al Litorio, fired at me on purpose at beginning ( I just said we will need luck according to stats ( no name nor ship reference )) ...

Have you considered that insulting your team mates before they've fired a shot might not be the best way to start? Particularly if you're relying on them to deliver a team performance, somewhat necessary in a ranked battle. I'm not defending the Littorio's action but I can understand it. Being told you're rubbish before you've even left spawn is sure to annoy people.

As for the DD/CV thing, seems like you're happy with your decision making and aren't going to be swayed. I wouldn't do the same in the circumstances but on seeing that happen, I would focus on saving a star then send the replay to Support asking for action against the DD. Why go pink and risk a ban because someone else is acting like a tool?

• Cool 1
  • Bad 2

Players
69 posts
13,538 battles
1 minute ago, Strapps said:

Have you considered that insulting your team mates before they've fired a shot might not be the best way to start? Particularly if you're relying on them to deliver a team performance, somewhat necessary in a ranked battle. I'm not defending the Littorio's action but I can understand it. Being told you're rubbish before you've even left spawn is sure to annoy people.

As for the DD/CV thing, seems like you're happy with your decision making and aren't going to be swayed. I wouldn't do the same in the circumstances but on seeing that happen, I would focus on saving a star then send the replay to Support asking for action against the DD. Why go pink and risk a ban because someone else is acting like a tool?

O_o  where do you see an insult ? Sorry but math and stat have nothing to do with insulting people, else bet with odds are an insult to football team or tennis player......

• Cool 1

[BBMMX]
Players
1,053 posts
5,361 battles
3 minutes ago, virtual_francky said:

nope because there is no clearly define sanction for these behavior. With a clear define sanction, maybe this will encourage people to report, and discourage misbehavior.

If only there was a clearly defined set of rules about prohibited actions with a set of escalating sanctions. Oh, wait ... sections 5 and 6 of the game rules appear to address those exact areas. Funny, that. :cap_hmm:

[BBMMX]
Players
1,053 posts
5,361 battles
1 minute ago, virtual_francky said:

O_o  where do you see an insult ? Sorry but math and stat have nothing to do with insulting people, else bet with odds are an insult to football team or tennis player......

If you think that starting the battle by telling your team they're crap isn't insulting then there's no point prolonging this conversation as you're too obtuse to see anything outside your personal bubble. Have a nice day and I hope I never end up on your team in battle.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Players
69 posts
13,538 battles
8 minutes ago, Strapps said:

If only there was a clearly defined set of rules about prohibited actions with a set of escalating sanctions. Oh, wait ... sections 5 and 6 of the game rules appear to address those exact areas. Funny, that. :cap_hmm:

Thanks for the info, well it looks like it's not enough, since we have still those behavior.

• Cool 1

Players
69 posts
13,538 battles
7 minutes ago, Strapps said:

If you think that starting the battle by telling your team they're crap isn't insulting then there's no point prolonging this conversation as you're too obtuse to see anything outside your personal bubble. Have a nice day and I hope I never end up on your team in battle.

Why are you considering that  for example 55% WR vs 45 WR is telling that team mate are crap ??? Have you ever play a team sport, have you ever met stronger team, when you know you will loose anyway, well in these case you just say to your team mate, "It's gonna be hard, we gonna need luck" is this insulting your team ?? I do hope not.

• Cool 2

Players
195 posts
4,487 battles
18 minutes ago, Strapps said:

Have you considered that insulting your team mates before they've fired a shot might not be the best way to start?

If you think this is an insult I am glad you ended the conversation, cause thats [editing] ridiculous.

• Cool 1

[BBMMX]
Players
1,053 posts
5,361 battles
Just now, virtual_francky said:

Why are you considering that  for example 55% WR vs 45 WR is telling that team mate are crap ??? Have you ever play a team sport, have you ever met stronger team, when you know you will loose anyway, well in these case you just say to your team mate, "It's gonna be hard, we gonna need luck" is this insulting your team ?? I do hope not.

That's not what you said though, is it.

1 hour ago, virtual_francky said:

... I just said we will need luck according to stats ...

According to your own report, you stat-shamed your team. Saying a battle will be hard is quite different to assigning blame before you start.

1 minute ago, Knutorius said:

If you think this is an insult I am glad you ended the conversation, cause thats [editing] ridiculous.

Do you think telling your team mates they're going to struggle because they're crap before the battle starts is productive and helpful? 

• Boring 1

Players
2,376 posts
15,265 battles
1 hour ago, virtual_francky said:

I have just played a Ranked game, in which our Al Litorio, fired at me on purpose at beginning ( I just said we will need luck according to stats ( no name nor ship reference )), then he went backward the all game, did not support the team nor fire, and when we where nearly all dead, he just fired to kill 2 ships already damaged and save his star. This is so frustrating, we should have the possibility to report for a game BAN for several days for these type of players, not only they dont play in a coop way, but they also destroy the pleasure of others to play competitive mode.

Yesterday a DD AFK for 10 min, then awake, went at the back of the map, and fired torp at our CV, I had to go there and Killed him, and you know what, I have finished 1st anyway...... OMG

You and all alike as well as many changes and overall dicrection this game is heading, are the very reasons I don't really play this game anymore...

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[I-J-N]
Players
4,137 posts
3 minutes ago, Strapps said:

Do you think telling your team mates they're going to struggle because they're crap before the battle starts is productive and helpful? 

Yeah, that's not a good way to start off a battle. If the stats point that way, it's better to start giving guidance and checking if they know what they're supposed to do. After that, if they ignore your advice and directions, it's another matter. But rules are rules nonetheless especially when victimizing is involved.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 2

Players
195 posts
4,487 battles
6 minutes ago, Strapps said:

It's an old issue in both WoWs and WOT. Of course it should be avoided if possible, but there are way worse things than these kind of comments in game.

Besides..that's really not part of the actual problem he posted in this thread. It's just something you picked upon

giving guidance and checking if they know what they're supposed to do.

@Karasu_Hidesuke

You're jumping right to the other end of the spectrum. As other people will be annoyed by this kind of behaviour, too.

But I guess it's better than cursing the game with knowledge about player stats.

[TACHA]
Players
1,413 posts
15,600 battles

One reason I never look up stats before a battle - I do sometimes at the end and am often surprised who actually won the battle. 

• Cool 2

[I-J-N]
Players
4,137 posts
7 minutes ago, Knutorius said:

@Karasu_Hidesuke

You're jumping right to the other end of the spectrum. As other people will be annoyed by this kind of behaviour, too.

But I guess it's better than cursing the game with knowledge about player stats.

I know it's the other end of the spectrum. I wouldn't suggest I do that or anyone who doesn't actually know the game well enough to be able to do that. In most cases it's best to just belt up and wait and see what happens. IMO you should never bring up the suspect of stats while in battle (or mostly not even afterwards in those delightful little messages....)...

• Cool 1