You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
HansRoaming

This is your day! Commander cammo is in the shop

36 comments in this topic

[TACHA]
Players
130 posts
2,257 battles

In case anyone hasn't noticed this.

250% Extra Free Xp & 250% extra Commander XP

Also 25% off.

I've bought over a 100 as this helps grinding things up. Nelson isn't so far away now :Smile_Default:

• Cool 3

Players
3,056 posts
4,700 battles
4 minutes ago, HansRoaming said:

Also 25% off.

I've bought over a 100 as this helps grinding things up. Nelson isn't so far away now :Smile_Default:

Nelson is a waste of free EXP (IMO). You should continue farm free EXP for some tier 9 or 10 Premium.

In your place I would keep farming for additional 600k and buy Alaska which is probably the best buy ship.

• Cool 9
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 4

[TACHA]
Players
130 posts
2,257 battles
9 minutes ago, Hades_warrior said:

Nelson is a waste of free EXP (IMO). You should continue farm free EXP for some tier 9 or 10 Premium.

In your place I would keep farming for additional 600k and buy Alaska which is probably the best buy ship.

Nelson is that bad?

[CATS]
Players
26,033 posts
14,068 battles
5 minutes ago, HansRoaming said:

Nelson is that bad?

She is great, but some people think that Tier VII ships are not worth it.

I like her and I like the Tier.

• Cool 13

[SM0KE]
Players
5,409 posts
13,256 battles
3 hours ago, HansRoaming said:

Nelson is that bad?

Not at all; I suck in BBs generally, but love Nelson for Narai and Coop; you just have to be mindful of your citadel.

Is she worth the free xp? That's a knottier question, in the context of there being several T9/10s that you can save for instead...

• Cool 4

[TACHA]
Players
130 posts
2,257 battles

Well my driver was that the current event with Azure Lane gets a 10pt Captain to put in her.

[SM0KE]
Players
5,409 posts
13,256 battles
11 minutes ago, HansRoaming said:

Well my driver was that the current event with Azure Lane gets a 10pt Captain to put in her.

FWIW Nelson doesn't need a different captain build to a typical RN BB, as far as I know; that said, the freebie Nelson is a useful starting point for a silver BB captain that you could then use on the ship Nelson, so stroking the OCD.

(I think I currently have three or four captains on their various namesake ships, so I too embrace the OCD!)

• Cool 2

Players
3,056 posts
4,700 battles
46 minutes ago, HansRoaming said:

Nelson is that bad?

Ship is not bad (because it have a UK super heal) but many of us think its not worth to spend all that hard earned free EXP. Unless you really enjoy to play mid tiers in that case it would be OK choice (OK - not the best choice).

If you consider to keep farming up to 1 mil free EXP you could get Alaska which is the best reviewed ship I've seen in this game so far. And many believe that Alaska will go off from ''shop'' sooner or later.

Nelson is in the game for 3 years now and that can tell you how popular / wanted this ship is..

• Cool 1

[BOBS3]
Players
1,008 posts
18,472 battles

Nelson is a great ship. Well worth the FXP. 

The Alaska is a great ship too. Well worth the FXP.

The difference of course is the tier and some people believe that good players only play T10 and occasionally slum it in T9.

These are also often the people who get very upset with the quality of the game play at T10 and can get very shirty about miss-plays. 

I love my Nelson and the havoc she can cause.

I must admit that I use my Alaska a lot more, but I do prefer Cruisers and Destroyers to Battleships.

• Cool 5

[MUMMY]
Beta Tester
243 posts
4,088 battles

Compared to the weeb stuff, this actually seems like a good deal. I dont really care for the free XP, because I mostly play the same ships that are either premium ships themselves or have a premium camo. But it still looks nice, as you can farm free XP and skip a lot of grindy content for less money.

Does anyone knows for how long this offer will be available?

• Cool 1

[TACHA]
Players
130 posts
2,257 battles
4 minutes ago, Nov_A said:

Compared to the weeb stuff, this actually seems like a good deal. I dont really care for the free XP, because I mostly play the same ships that are either premium ships themselves or have a premium camo. But it still looks nice, as you can farm free XP and skip a lot of grindy content for less money.

Does anyone knows for how long this offer will be available?

I'm assuming for the length of the event which is until Monday iirc

"A special bundle dedicated to the Day of the Russian Navy."

• Cool 1

[BHSFL]
Players
3,363 posts
13,020 battles

There is nothing at T X or T IX that is earth shockingly different then tier VII. When one expects that, he is in for a disappointment.

It is like waiting for retirement to start "enjoying your life" and then finding out you got old and life was more fun when you were younger, healthier and physically more able.....it is an illusion. ( or so i am told but i believe it)

So if you want that Nelson.....get it and enjoy it. The other ones are not "better".  I have most of them....only the EU DD is still on my wishlist......it is unrivalled in shredding planes....

• Cool 1

[L4GG]
Players
3,021 posts
10,494 battles

@HansRoaming

I don't know if Nelson is fun or not. i don't know the ship

Just be aware.

Nelson has worse armour than Bayern which is a t6.

26 mm bow and stern, deck (middle section it's 32 mm) so, pretty susceptible to fires. The monster heal is there for a reason

Plus, you might have a rough experience when bottom tier 

• Cool 1

Players
3,056 posts
4,700 battles
15 hours ago, Beastofwar said:

So if you want that Nelson.....get it and enjoy it. The other ones are not "better". 

Explain this.

14 hours ago, Butterdoll said:

@HansRoaming

I don't know if Nelson is fun or not. i don't know the ship

Just be aware.

Nelson has worse armour than Bayern which is a t6.

26 mm bow and stern, deck (middle section it's 32 mm) so, pretty susceptible to fires. The monster heal is there for a reason

Plus, you might have a rough experience when bottom tier 

Indeed. Her armor is softer and easy to farm damage on her by enemies, like on every other high tier RN BB.

Tho, its not that weak armor as Russian BB's have.

Another reason why people don't like Nelson that much is because she reminds them on Izumo because of the same turret system.

• Cool 1

[TEC]
Beta Tester
199 posts

Tier VII is probably mostly frowned upon, because there exist quite a gap between VII and VIII in most ships lines.

I'd also save up free XP for a tier IX instead, but that me. You - should do what you want to do; no one else here knows what you will enjoy from playing the game.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Beta Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,147 posts
16,279 battles
20 hours ago, HansRoaming said:

Nelson is that bad?

Nelson is great!

• Cool 1

[BHSFL]
Players
3,363 posts
13,020 battles
57 minutes ago, Hades_warrior said:

Explain this.

OP said he wanted it to help grind things up. Premiums in general are good for that and Nelson even has miraculous very large heals that enable it to keep coming back if not catastrophically hit and killed. ( LWM rediculed that in her review of the ship, the heal can be an amazing advantage ) The ship also has powerful guns. ( that IRL produced such shock waves that in 1st testing  it gave the weapons officer concussed eyes and sprang the bridge windows )

Apart from that T7 is still a tier you get good income from even when your performance maybe average. And makes you "rich" when well performing in a premium. The higher the tier, the higher the costs and required performance to compensate for it.

Furthermore OP did not say how he intends to grind......T7 operations ( Narai ) may be withdrawn for now, but WG did not say it would not return. Nelson in very enjoyable in Narai too, and even with nerfed Operations income can make excellent credits and XP.

• Cool 1

Players
3,056 posts
4,700 battles
8 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

OP said he wanted it to help grind things up. Premiums in general are good for that and Nelson even has miraculous very large heals that enable it to keep coming back if not catastrophically hit. ( LWM rediculed that in her review of the ship ) Apart from that T7 is still a tier you get good income from even when your performance is average. The higher the tier, the higher the costs and required performance to compensate for it.

Furthermore OP did not say how he intends to grind......T7 ops may be withdrawn for now, but WG did not say it would not return. Nelson in very enjoyable in Narai too, and even with nerfed Operations income can make excellent credits and XP.

Actualy for Alaska and some other Premiums at high tier repair costs are reduced and really cheap. If I remember right Alaska service cost is only 45k credits with Premium camo which gives -50%.

OP could wait until tier 7 Florida comes out. I believe that Florida will be for free EXP because of her tier and OP might like her.

• Cool 1

[WGP2L]
Players
337 posts
16,519 battles
21 hours ago, HansRoaming said:

Also 25% off.

Even i d not buy nelson again as i only used it for some missions and never again.

I d as well not advise to buy these camos as they have no xp bonus so the only ships they are very usefull at are t10s or other premiums.

And as you re grinding for a t7 premium i guess you dont have that many t10s.

so even the damage is already done and 15 euros are not that hard to compensate i d advise you to wait for offers giving you dragon flags for sure as most of them are the real killer to speed stuff up. further they can be used together so you can have 10 30k fxp games instead of 100 1k fxp games

• Cool 1

Players
86 posts
15,173 battles

Nelson is a fun ship if you play her a bit more carefull or she will eat lots of citadels if not angled right. Luckally she does have a super heal  

• Cool 1

Players
3,056 posts
4,700 battles
38 minutes ago, CaptainObvious007 said:

Nelson is a fun ship if you play her a bit more carefull or she will eat lots of citadels if not angled right. Luckally she does have a super heal  

Yes but you can't use that heal to repair citadel damage. Only fire and flooding.

• Cool 1

[TACHA]
Players
130 posts
2,257 battles
2 hours ago, niclasknig said:

Even i d not buy nelson again as i only used it for some missions and never again.

I d as well not advise to buy these camos as they have no xp bonus so the only ships they are very usefull at are t10s or other premiums.

And as you re grinding for a t7 premium i guess you dont have that many t10s.

so even the damage is already done and 15 euros are not that hard to compensate i d advise you to wait for offers giving you dragon flags for sure as most of them are the real killer to speed stuff up. further they can be used together so you can have 10 30k fxp games instead of 100 1k fxp games

Thanks everyone for the comments, in terms of cammo I have better ships than I have captains I need to get their XP up so their utility for me is pretty good, for others maybe not so.

Players
68 posts
656 battles

nOOb question.

If i buy these camos then what tier should I use them? I'm only in tier VI now. Is it waste to use on tier VI?

And also, is it wise to buy Signal Flags - Ultimate Offer or Supreme Pack? They seems to be on sale.

• Cool 1