Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
luokailk

can't open the news and armory for 2 days

15 comments in this topic

[KITEN]
Players
128 posts
11,047 battles

Hi guys, here I can't open the news and armory for 2 days, stopped at the loading page, have you guys met similar problem before and how to solve it?

Thanks in advance

• Cool 1

[KITEN]
Players
284 posts
14,011 battles

Me neither, i have to turn off my firewall and then it works. I need to put a ticket in and ask for a better solution... Had this issue twice over the last few patches but usually there has been a hotfix.

[-AP-]
Players
1,296 posts
11,488 battles
3 hours ago, luokailk said:

Hi guys, here I can't open the news and armory for 2 days, stopped at the loading page, have you guys met similar problem before and how to solve it?

Thanks in advance

Open from your browser, easier and faster. Type in "wows eu armory" and it will get you there. Loading in game is just an exercise in frustration.

[KITEN]
Players
128 posts
11,047 battles
5 hours ago, JohnMac79 said:

Me neither, i have to turn off my firewall and then it works. I need to put a ticket in and ask for a better solution... Had this issue twice over the last few patches but usually there has been a hotfix.

Thanks a lot buddy! :)

[KITEN]
Players
128 posts
11,047 battles
4 hours ago, waxx25 said:

Open from your browser, easier and faster. Type in "wows eu armory" and it will get you there. Loading in game is just an exercise in frustration.

Thanks  lot, but I can't even turn on the naval battle these days, can I also do that via web?

[-AP-]
Players
1,296 posts
11,488 battles
49 minutes ago, luokailk said:

Thanks  lot, but I can't even turn on the naval battle these days, can I also do that via web?

IDK, never tried. I am at a 10hr difference from EU so dont get the chance for clan battles anyway.

[KITEN]
Players
284 posts
14,011 battles
3 hours ago, Echo_519 said:

for about the 10th time posting this link:

https://eu.wargaming.net/support/en/products/wows/hot-issues/26698/

Guys, is it really so hard to open the player support page? You can find it right on the top in "Hot Topics"

Well that is amazing... or would be if it worked, which it doesnt. Not for me anyway. Besides, this is a WG issue, it has happened twice to me over the last few patches and both times they have released a hotfix which has solved the issue for me. The following patch it is broken again. Perhaps they should actually fix it, no?

• Cool 1

[WCWVE]
Players
1,022 posts
16,473 battles

For some people there is a bug in the system, try going to the game registry and opening the config-eng file, if hardware acceleration is on auto, change to false and save, then open the game as normal 

Players
9,873 posts
11,603 battles
On 7/24/2020 at 6:15 PM, luokailk said:

Thanks in advance

Since 0.9.6 patch WG changed and will keep changing path to game executables, including essentially built in web browser to open Armory. AS of now (0.9.6.1), path for it is "World of Warships\bin\2697511\bin64\cef\cef_browser_process.exe", make sure it is permitted in firewall.

[KITEN]
Players
128 posts
11,047 battles
Just now, Panocek said:

Since 0.9.6 patch WG changed and will keep changing path to game executables, including essentially built in web browser to open Armory. AS of now (0.9.6.1), path for it is "World of Warships\bin\2697511\bin64\cef\cef_browser_process.exe", make sure it is permitted in firewall.

Oh, so do we have to do this manually in each patch? Horrible experience

Players
9,873 posts
11,603 battles
Just now, luokailk said:

Oh, so do we have to do this manually in each patch? Horrible experience

"Quality of life" the Russian way:cap_book:

Don't ask me why they added build version into game directory structure (folder "2697511" as of now) but they did. So after every patch or hotfix, build version will change, so will change mentioned folder, so you will have to update Firewall permissions.

[KITEN]
Players
128 posts
11,047 battles
8 hours ago, Echo_519 said:

for about the 10th time posting this link:

https://eu.wargaming.net/support/en/products/wows/hot-issues/26698/

Guys, is it really so hard to open the player support page? You can find it right on the top in "Hot Topics"

Thanks for the info mate. The webpage said the following:

Workaround

1. Navigate to the World of Warships installation folder
  2. Access the \bin\VersionNR\res subfolder
  3. Open the engine_config.xml file with a text editor
    • E.g. Notepad or Notepad++
  4. Search for “hardwareAcceleration” and set the value to “false” (it should be set to "auto" by default)
    Example: <hardwareAcceleration>false</hardwareAcceleration>
  5. Save changes and close the editor

As I installed Steam first and purchase WOWS in the Steam structure, how can I find the " World of Warships installation folder"? Thanks.

[KITEN]
Players
284 posts
14,011 battles
17 minutes ago, luokailk said:

As I installed Steam first and purchase WOWS in the Steam structure, how can I find the " World of Warships installation folder"? Thanks.

Right click the game in steam - properties - local files - browse local files.

[KITEN]
Players
128 posts
11,047 battles
3 hours ago, JohnMac79 said:

Right click the game in steam - properties - local files - browse local files.

Genius, thanks a lot buddy!

PS: I found the local folder, but in \bin, there is "client runner", no \bin\VersionNR\res subfolder

Sign in to follow this