You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

Azur Lane: Third Wave

87 comments in this topic

[-WB-]
[-WB-]
Players
90 posts
11,849 battles

The mission doesnt give Hood as the final commander reward, it gives Nelson.

unknown.png?width=400&height=41

shot-20.07.24_16.43.21-0693.jpg?width=40

• Cool 3

[INTRO]
[INTRO]
Players
1,437 posts
16,828 battles

It looks like the collection is the same as last time. Is this true?

EDIT: Never mind. Just found out it is the same.

Players
71 posts
4,332 battles

And, like the second wave, you sell containers with random chances of getting any commanders, including duplicates. And Like the second wave, I am not gonna give a single euro. Maybe next time you'll sell commanders individually. Until then, I hope the government in my country will push law against loot boxes in video games.

• Cool 16

[CATS]
Players
26,281 posts
14,162 battles
10 minutes ago, Nexus135 said:

There are two missions...

Players
56 posts
6,047 battles

It seems they have change the text so now it no longer says it gives Hood.

To be honest Its still kinda a shame that its not any commanders from the second wave or even a different set of commanders from the first wave. 

Say it gave Cleveland or Neptune or something.

And once again the only way to get commanders is buy a over priced bundle and for new commanders lootboxes ( I still wonder what will happen if they get banned in more countries), with no ways to buy single commanders for ANY of the waves is rather disappointing.

• Cool 3

Quality Poster, In AlfaTesters
1,485 posts
13,494 battles

Disappointing bundles that are not that good value.

Inability to buy new commanders individually.

Inability to buy old commanders or permacamos individually.

The permacamos are not worth the asking price.

The selection of new commanders is less interesting and doesn't include a single destroyer.

Littorio is a copy paste of Roma, no differences at all

Rossiya as a tier 9 is very expensive.

No accompanying collection or event or mission that is new, just recycled content from last year.

The associated "official" stream yesterday that revealed the content was so bad I could not bear to watch it for more than 5 minutes, the absolute lack of organisation and information really made it feel like the minimum effort possible was invested into the stream.

AL Premium containers are not worth the price and seem to exist either so that those who cannot afford bundles can buy something random, at very poor value, or to milk money out of the people dumb enough to buy them in bulk.

This is easily the worst and greediest version of this collab so far ingame that reeks of low effort for max profit.

• Cool 16

Beta Tester
24 posts
7,448 battles
3 minutes ago, Dragon200052 said:

It seems they have change the text so now it no longer says it gives Hood.

To be honest Its still kinda a shame that its not any commanders from the second wave or even a different set of commanders from the first wave. 

Say it gave Cleveland or Neptune or something.

And once again the only way to get commanders is buy a over priced bundle and for new commanders lootboxes ( I still wonder what will happen if they get banned in more countries), with no ways to buy single commanders for ANY of the waves is rather disappointing.

Yes! This is the main problem I have with the 3rd iteration of the event! I expected the lootboxes and and big bundles, but I also expected that they would AT LEAST have a different commander as a reward for the mission instead of recycling Nelson again. Those of us who followed the event since the beginning basically get nothing new. We get a 10-point captain, but at this point, that's nothing special. You could at least have given us a new captain with new voiceovers! That they couldn't even gift us that is the biggest tragedy of this event in my opinion.

• Cool 1

[-WB-]
[-WB-]
Players
90 posts
11,849 battles
52 minutes ago, Nexus135 said:

Seems they have now updated the article.

[LSCA]
Players
1,049 posts
9,049 battles
58 minutes ago, Hanse77SWE said:

It looks like the collection is the same as last time. Is this true?

it can be because allot stuff deza fu

Players
573 posts

Well I won't be buying containers but I bought Montpelier so I'm Happy enough, alas funds won't go to the T9 BB  how long is this event is going on?

Players
9 posts
7,021 battles

Why oh why did they just clone Roma, (i love that ship and already have it) as collector i need Littorio but wargaming just ruined the ship by changing the fun and new smoke + sap to a clone. Plz wargaming change it! Doesnt matter how but just to give us the feeling it is a bit different like the other AL ships

• Cool 2

Players
930 posts
13,270 battles

As far as the 'free' stuff in the collab is concerned I'm quite satisfied having a second chance to permanently unlock the Dorm and the Collection (I wasn't playing during the second wave).

I also get the Twitch Prime mission chain, so Nelson plus one more commander for my fleet.

As for the Shop, I don't understand why you don't just simply let people buy the things they want to directly, with no bloat, no gambling, and no gimmicks. I'm sure you'd get more sales overall that way, and certainly a happier playerbase.

• Cool 5

Players
8,118 posts
8,931 battles

I'm utterly saddened by this and really think I'm gonna sit this one out, because as much as I was looking forward to it and usually just buy a bundle, this time there's just no fitting deal. Congrats WG, you managed to come up with a bunch of crappy deals that seem almost unpalatable.

Random boxes are crap. I'm not gonna buy boxes. Even if they mostly contain new captains, the inability to choose commanders makes this a bad deal for casuals who only want to buy their "waifu" (or at least a character they like) or want to get something for factions that weren't yet covered. Littorio as first Italian collab captain. But nothing guarantees that in 12 boxes I'd not get 5 Azumas and 7 Shokeks, which is utterly useless to me for example. The addition of Azuma to the pool of lootbox captains is also weird. It's like you want an option so even those who just buy one box because any commander would be a new commander otherwise to be able to draw something they might already have.

Character bundles are utterly ridiculous, unless we talking about First Wave. First Wave seems ok, having all these characters, no extra crap that bloats the price to obscene proportions. For anyone who hasn't yet gotten those, it's a nice deal. Too bad for those that have. Second Wave includes a Hipper camo. Why a camo? I don't know. It doesn't include all second wave camos, just Hipper. Why Hipper? I mean, ideally, it would include none of that crap, but even then, getting a permacamo for a crappy T8 cruiser is eh. But hey, if you like T8 Hipper, good for you. Third Wave is however the bundle that is just straight up silly. All the new camos bundled in. Anyone just wanting captains has to pick those or the boxes. But even for people like me, who own the premium ships that are still available, there's a drawback: It includes a Belfast camo. Given I don't intent to whale for Belfast at Christmas and hand you a few hundred Euro more to get the ship to use the camo on it, just because WG couldn't figure out how to make a balanced Belfast (and abandoned all efforts to balance such OP ships, blaming the community for it), I basically pay extra for a useless camo that just is in my inventory without use. All in One has obviously the same issue.

Camos overall seem ok. Atago looks nice. Too bad they cost as much as T10 permacamos and offer nothing. If this had an effect like Kobayashi camos or was the typical price of T6-8 permacamo, ok, but at this pricing? Really?

Then we get to the ships...

Honestly, what to say, except, it's very disappointing. I'm not gonna complain about the Armada bundle, for those who have no ship, this is the most cost-efficient way to get all. No, my issue is with how the ships are designed. Already last wave, collab ships seemed a bit weird, but ended up ok. This time, they are straight up a no to me and I'm not sure I could recommend it to others.

AL Yukikaze is frankly the best AL collab ship to buy. Without a doubt. Anyone who wants to go weeb collab ship, this is the best option, because no, the ship isn't insanely good, it is not Harekaze, but Yukikaze at least is a novel concept. Personally also what I hoped Asashio would be instead of the DWT silliness, but hey. F3 torps are meme, Yukikaze is meme, but it can be a fun ship and for F3 memes, using a T8 instead of the usual T9 or T10 is great. When MM gives you T6s, F3 torpedos are downright unfair, as they go 70 knots and aren't crap in damage like the Pan-EU ones. Sadly, this is the only AL collab ship that really seems straight up worth it regardless of what ships one owns.

AL Montpelier is basically premium Cleveland. I own it, because last time I bought the bundle, as it didn't give me crap that was downright without value. And it is ok. Cleveland is strong, Montpelier is strong. But it isn't really any different an experience and basically gets carried by the fact of how strong Cleve is. By itself, forgettable ship.

AL Littorio started testing strong, ended up as a Roma clone. Test version was kinda silly and I guess WG could not get a better concept before release date approached. So they opted for what worked. Now, I own a Roma, it's an ok ship, but do I need another Roma? AL Littorio is iffy, because it's what a Tirpitz B is to a Tirpitz. If you don't own one, cool, you can get one with some extra fancy camo. But if you own a Tirpitz, why buy Tirpitz B? T8s are expensive. AL Littorio is not cheaper like B ships. And unlike with B ships, you get nothing for owning Roma already. I said Roma is solid, but not to the point where I'd see many Roma owners buy a second Roma. And obviously, like B ships, selling us the same ship twice, just repainted feels insulting to our intelligence.

AL Sovietskaya Rossiya... just no. Just goddamn no. This ship is just an insult. Yukikaze was different to Kagero, but in an interesting way. Montpelier is a slight difference from Cleveland. Littorio is a straight up clone of Roma. Sovietskaya Rossiya though is just a trashed Sovietsky Soyuz. It's like it's there to one-up the Montpelier. Instead of just being the copy of a free ship, it's a worse version. It is an A-hull Soyuz with B-hull rudder (I guess so it isn't utterly unplayable) and instead of Russian accuracy, it gets FdG's accuracy and some of the slowest turret traverse at the tier. Why? Who knows. It is hard to argue that the FdG accuracy is so much better than Soyuz' that you had to make the rest of the ship worse. Even with sigma improvement, horizontal dispersion on the S. Rossiya only beats S. Soyuz at around 17 km and there's only 2.4 km more till the ship hits its max range. So, at closer ranges, S. Soyuz is straight up better, at a tiny window S.Rossiya has slightly better dispersion (by 10 m and only horizontally, vertical dispersion Soyuz beats Rossiya at any range). This ship is different, but just for the worse. And not the way of "worse" that Yukikaze is that just gets worse grades because 8 km torps have less versatility, but just worse. S.Rossiya is poor obviously worse than its tech tree counterpart, has no redeeming features and all the ways it differs in are just there to make it a more frustrating and boring experience. Want to sit at 19 km to get the most out of an accuracy advantage over Soyuz? Go get an Izumo. Not premium enough? Wait for Baijie. They offer accuracy, and range, have reinforced deck, have better turret traverse (well, Izumo does) and at 19 km, noone cares about needing super fast damecon, most people won't shoot you. IJN dispersion at that range also beats USN dispersion. Not that it's an incredibly great playstyle, but if you wanted something better, why get S.Rossiya? It's advantages over Soyuz literally only come into play at that small range window. And to top it off, this is a T9 BB, priced like one (+extra for the captain).

And that's the paying side of the event. F2P is basically another Nelson and the collection and port if you weren't around for second wave. Anyone who isn't new can basically ignore this altogether if they are F2P.

Was it too much to create something actually interesting? Even ignoring all the other questionable stuff around, this is pretty low effort content, mixed with no effort to promote it much before, give anything to free players and unattractive to paying players. Sure, some might buy it anyway, but it really shouldn't have been too hard to offer something where I don't have to feel disgusted with myself if I ever buy anything.

And obviously, like always, AL side of collab put in a lot more effort, but well, WG seems to not care.

• Cool 22

Players
8,118 posts
8,931 battles
12 minutes ago, 300ConfirmedKills said:

Looks like you put more effort into that wall of text than WG put into the whole event.

Well, originally I had planned to buy and play AL ships. Now I got free time on my hands...

• Cool 6
  • Funny 1

Players
1,510 posts
3,133 battles
32 minuti fa, Bunny_Lover_Kallen ha scritto:

And that's the paying side of the event. F2P is basically another Nelson and the collection and port if you weren't around for second wave. Anyone who isn't new can basically ignore this altogether if they are F2P.

During the Second Wave i did got the dorm, tho i couldn't get neither Hood nor the collection because i was studying for my exams and i wasn't playing; so the Collection is quite nice; plus, i kinda needed some national flags so i'm pretty happy with the collection. 

I honestly would have prefered another commander than Nelson, 'because i kinda don't need a UK capaint right now. I think i'll keep her in reserve and put her on Implacable when i'll get it. (Implacable bacasue it's the UK ship for which i need less XP to get).

Players
714 posts

@TheWarJaC @MrConway If I can just double-check my understanding: fulfilling all the objectives of the combat mission gives the Nelson commander; the individual objectives themselves give (crates which drop) collection items, the collection can also be completed by selecting it to receive drops from daily crates, and the reward for completing the collection is the Azuma commander. Is that right?

If so, is there any time limit on completing the collection, or will we still be able to receive odd pieces from daily crates for as long as we have it as the active one?

• Cool 2

Players
1,510 posts
3,133 battles
4 minuti fa, NobleSauvage ha scritto:

Is that right?

That's right

4 minuti fa, NobleSauvage ha scritto:

If so, is there any time limit on completing the collection, or will we still be able to receive odd pieces from daily crates for as long as we have it as the active one?

There shouldn't be, at least, afaik, there wasn't with the Second Wave

• Cool 2

Players
714 posts
2 minutes ago, wot_2016_gunner said:

That's right

There shouldn't be, at least, afaik, there wasn't with the Second Wave

Cheers mate! Two free 10pt captains is certainly nothing to sniff at...

• Cool 2

[INTRO]
[INTRO]
Players
1,437 posts
16,828 battles
1 hour ago, DanSilverwing said:

As for the Shop, I don't understand why you don't just simply let people buy the things they want to directly, with no bloat, no gambling, and no gimmicks. I'm sure you'd get more sales overall that way, and certainly a happier playerbase.

The shop would benefit from having a "shopping cart".

Less bundles but you can choose what you want and perhaps get a discount based on how many items you have in your cart.

• Cool 4

[ALONE]
Players
7 posts
7,735 battles

So... a week's worth of tobbaco money for 1/8th of a chance I get Roon. Cracking. An occasion as good as any to raise the subject of the shop prices being calibrated for Western Europe, and as such are much to steep for us in the East. Apart from that I believe lootboxes should be banned.

[4_0_4]
Players
7,553 posts
13,683 battles

Just no. I was gonna spent money on this, but not if you keep up with these bundles.

And the ships? Why should I buy a Roma clone? Just for the camo? Maybe if the owners of a Roma would get a special mission like the B-ships in the past.

But Rossiya? Really? Did you go to the scrapyard to get her game-balance design?

Why would anyone buy her, if there is a straight up better silver ships for free avaible?

• Cool 5

Players
1 post
599 battles

First of, I'm dissapointed not to be able to buy the captains individually. I will NOT pay 58€ just to get Prinz Eugen or play your little lootbox-gambling-crap.

Second, is there any prerequisite to start the ocean current combat missions?  Because i dont see any in the combat missions tab (dont tell me I have to buy a container for this....)

edit: oh and I love the way you handle your azur lane collab, their part of collab is like "Look new ships from WoWs, u can research them for free" and yours is like "Gimme 164€ for some commanders"

• Cool 1

[INTRO]
[INTRO]
Players
1,437 posts
16,828 battles
12 minutes ago, CountEvil said:

Second, is there any prerequisite to start the ocean current combat missions?

You click a button on the page linked in the top post.