You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
JeTBarionIV

"Aircraft Engines Modification 1": a bug?

4 comments in this topic

Players
103 posts
22,097 battles

Hi everybody!

Can you please check the "Aircraft Engines Modification 1" for CVs on SLOT 2?

I've got Rhein with "Engine Cooling" consumable up to 10s and AEM1 doesn't seems to add the extra 1 second (10%).

Unless I'm getting it wrong since on one side it states "boost" and on the other side it's "cooling", but then where did my upgrade go? How can I see what it does?

Checked also all my other CVs and it is the same on all.

Aside the glitch itself, it made me think what's the utility of AEM1 altogether in this form since on high tiers the Cooling is just 5 sec aka AEM1 would give +0.5sec.

Thanks

[BHSFL]
Players
3,366 posts
13,049 battles

After having settled in a build after much experimentation through the many patches and nerfs since rework with what actually does something and what does not ( or so little difference it is not noticable and therefore not worth it ) i am not taking that skill.

But this is my opinion, i think you are on the right track looking critically at what skils and modules REALLY noticably produce. If it isn't noticiable....then it probably isn't worth it no ?

Many skills and module buffs are so minor it is about 0,01 % or 0,01 seconds diferences anyway. Those are the ones i avoid.

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
13,769 posts
19,411 battles
3 hours ago, JeTBarionIV said:

Can you please check the "Aircraft Engines Modification 1" for CVs on SLOT 2?

I've got Rhein with "Engine Cooling" consumable up to 10s and AEM1 doesn't seems to add the extra 1 second (10%).

Aircraft Engines Modification 1 does nothing for the Engine Cooling consumable. It extends the maximum time you can boost, the one you activate by pressing W, by 10%.

For most strike aircraft the standard duration for that is 20s. That means you can press and hold W for 20s before your boost runs out. Aircraft Engines Modification 1 extends that by 10% to 22s.

3 hours ago, Beastofwar said:

i am not taking that skill.

That's a slot 2 upgrade, not a skill.

You generally failed to understand and answer OPs question in the first place.

• Cool 1

Players
103 posts
22,097 battles
4 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

Aircraft Engines Modification 1 does nothing for the Engine Cooling consumable. It extends the maximum time you can boost, the one you activate by pressing W, by 10%.

For most strike aircraft the standard duration for that is 20s. That means you can press and hold W for 20s before your boost runs out. Aircraft Engines Modification 1 extends that by 10% to 22s. 

Thanks for the perfect explanation!!! Now I got the difference